Squirrel Winter shirts and hoodies are now available.

Just Jack

• Just Jack changed the title to Squirrel Winters shirts and hoodies are now available.

I hope he's being compensated & it's not some corporation getting all the money using his name for free. 

Judging from what the o-line usually gets for Christmas, I'm sure he'll get something pretty nice from Josh.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Agree 1

Am I the only one that thinks it is totally ridiculous that with the Trillion$ the NFL has, the Billion$ the Pegulas have, the Million$ the franchise has, and the Million$ these players have... they have to rely on Joe Blow from down the block to dig the players out and get them to the game?!?

Pegula needs to invest an easy $1M in a couple of humvees with plows, and a small fleet of snowmobiles, and keep them handy for when this happens again.

It shouldn't be up to neighbors risking heart attacks to get these Millionaires' driveways cleared.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Pegula needs to invest an easy $1M in a couple of humvees with plows,

I was stationed in Great Falls MT, we did winter convoy training and got stuck A LOT in humvees. also, they are iceboxes that don't heat up, and they are the most uncomfortable vehicles for anyone over 6 ft tall. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

I was stationed in Great Falls MT, we did winter convoy training and got stuck A LOT in humvees. also, they are iceboxes that don't heat up, and they are the most uncomfortable vehicles for anyone over 6 ft tall. 

Then some other big, kickass all terrain vehicle. Heck, make it a fleet of backhoes and bulldozers. Terry can afford it.

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t know who or what is squirrel winters, let alone spend money on a tshirt with his/its name on it?  😂

1 minute ago, boyst said:

I don't get this reference. Help. 

The Squirrel Winters Game: Bills Mafia goes nuts for Josh Allen’s neighbor - newyorkupstate.com

"During the CBS broadcast of the game, Andrew Catalon and James Lofton were discussing how Josh Allen credited two of his neighbors, both farmers, for plowing his driveway out so that he could get onto Saturday’s flight. Catalon then mentioned the neighbors by name as Mark Braun and Squirrel Winters."

• Like (+1) 1

From Football Morning America  - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/21/travis-kelce-bills-peter-king-fmia-week-11/?cid=nbcsports#saved-by-the-squirrel

When the power went out in Bills coach Sean McDermott’s house Friday night, the generator kicked in, but then the generator went out. So McDermott, snow above his waist, went out to try to fix it. “An NFL head coach in a blizzard, trying to fix his generator,” he said Sunday. “Crazy.” Finally, a repair guy came around 10:30 and fixed it so the McDermotts could go to bed. Good thing, because the power went out again. This time the generator worked through the night.

The Bills set up a system to get all the coaches and players to the stadium so they’d be able to fly to Detroit late in the afternoon on Saturday. A couple of players had to walk, with luggage, a half-mile to get rides to the buses.

A retired farmer from Orchard Park, Dave Winter, aka “Squirrel,” has a John Deere tractor with an eight-foot-wide bucket on the front, good for clearing eight-foot-wide swaths, like driveways, in short order. So Squirrel was out in Orchard Park Saturday afternoon being the good neighbor he is, when he came upon a neighbor at the end of one of the longest driveways in town. A small plow was no match for this driveway, with maybe 55 or 60 inches. “Oh, quarter-mile long, I’d say,” said Squirrel. “Maybe more.”

Squirrel stopped. “I said to my neighbor Norm, who was there, ‘You need a path blown through?’ He said, ‘I don’t know, ask that guy.’ Well, I don’t know that guy, an older gentleman, but he says he went to school with my cousin, and so I asked if he needs help here and he says, ‘Sure!’ So I did the driveway, cleared a good path there, and I get up to the garage and the door opens and Josh [Allen] is standing there. Probably the whole thing took a half hour. Got out, shook his hand. Told him, ‘Good luck tomorrow.’

“I introduced myself. ‘Dave. Dave Winter. When you think of snow, think of me, Winter.’ I says, ‘We got that red machinery shop, the farm just down the road.’ Looked like he was in a hurry. Didn’t have time to chit-chat. So that was it.”

“What would have happened if you didn’t come along?” I asked this man known as Squirrel.

“Oh, my guess is they woulda put him on a snowmobile, taken him down that long driveway and out into the street, and somebody woulda come and got him,” Squirrel said.

When the Bills finally boarded buses after 4 for the trip to the airport, the two main roads were closed. So the Bills had to crawl through town streets that had been plowed. “Classic western New York towns,” McDermott said. “Orchard Park, West Seneca, a few more.” Depew, Lancaster, Cheektowaga. “It was so great. People on the side of the road, giving us the thumbs-up, taking pictures, waving, cheering. Just awesome.”

Ever hear of barn-raising? In Amish communities, when a farmer needs a barn built, or some other project done, people from miles around come in for two or three days to do the building or the job. That’s Buffalo. That’s what happened here, with the Bills, and with the neighbors. Raise your hand if you need help.

“This weekend is a reminder that there’s a lot of good in this world, still,” McDer

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I hope he's being compensated & it's not some corporation getting all the money using his name for free. 

Judging from what the o-line usually gets for Christmas, I'm sure he'll get something pretty nice from Josh.  

It looks like they had him pick a charity and a portion of the proceeds are going to that charity. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Am I the only one that thinks it is totally ridiculous that with the Trillion$ the NFL has, the Billion$ the Pegulas have, the Million$ the franchise has, and the Million$ these players have... they have to rely on Joe Blow from down the block to dig the players out and get them to the game?!?

Pegula needs to invest an easy $1M in a couple of humvees with plows, and a small fleet of snowmobiles, and keep them handy for when this happens again.

It shouldn't be up to neighbors risking heart attacks to get these Millionaires' driveways cleared.

And have them sit unused when there are driving bans in place?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.