Slot receiver?

Deadstroke

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree.

Diggs gets bracketed and the answer has been keep putting Diggs in his spot and make him with with routes.

I finally saw two plays yesterday were Diggs was put in motion to get better matchups and take teams off that bracket.  Dorsey needs to learn the nuances of scheming players open.  Floods, Stacks, Motions etc etc, Daboll vs Dorsey's route concepts and how Daboll used to attack in levels is non existence in this offense at this point.  

I'm shocked Dorsey doesn't use more of Daboll's formations and motion. Even his routes tend to bunch up players.  Stop wasting touches on McKenzie and full steam ahead with Hines & Shakir.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

McKenzie is just another guy. Really, he’s just the class clown. The guy has nothing except speed. As an example, the 2-point play yesterday could’ve been converted if he stuck his left foot in the turf and cut it up at the 1. Instead, he doesn’t see that lane. Plus, he’s so tiny that he is afraid to take the hit. This is a terrible trait in football.

And for some reason, Lil Dirty loses his concentration at the most in opportune times.

If you watch that play the FB block prevented that move. 
Either way I think he’s average guy with lots of speed. 

8 hours ago, Repulsif said:

Simply put, we miss Beasley

In the same regard that they missed the 2019-2020 versions of John Brown in 2021 when they had nobody to give them some speed and yards after the catch.    

But both Brown and Beasley late in their last seasons with the Bills were in decline and needed to be replaced with players who would be better the following season.

In both cases, they were not.

The WR corps is a shadow of what it was in 2020. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm shocked Dorsey doesn't use more of Daboll's formations and motion. Even his routes tend to bunch up players.  Stop wasting touches on McKenzie and full steam ahead with Hines & Shakir.

Why they continue to use McKenzie is beyond me. 

38 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Beasley was not good last year. He was done.

They dont miss him.

What they miss is a consistent player in the slot.

A “shot” Beasley is still better than a healthy McKenzie. What’s your point?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Shakir or McKenzie need to step up. I also do not like Dorsey’s route concepts to be honest. Daboll being gone really has hurt the design of the offense. 

What concepts don’t you like?

If that’s the case, don’t you think the the lack of a true slot WR has had an effect on these concepts and game plans? Can’t make Shakir something he’s not right now.  We know McKenzie is not a true slot.   Also, Beasley was really great 

There are a couple of FAs that can play the slot. Adam Humphries/Tavon Austin. Guy that have done it before and might bring the veteran craftiness that Beasley had. Assuming the Beasley ship is completely sailed. You also could bring in a guy like Will Fuller to play the outside with Davis and slide Diggs in there more. I like Shakir but obviously the guy can’t get on the field. Cook had shown flashes for a month but until yesterday the coaches couldn’t tell. I’d say try Hines in there full time but I can’t see them trying that either.

8 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I agree. I can’t for the life of me figure out how McKenzie continues to get opportunities with this team. I hated the off-season extension because I thought there was an obvious need to upgrade. I think Beane and McD need to stop with this “great locker room guy” BS and start getting better players for the offense. We have the leaders in the locker room that can handle a more volatile personality. 

McKenzie is a decent gadget guy, that’s it. He’s not a good slot. 

I think it has a lot to do with them hoping McKenzie could be beasley’s replacement. He’s nowhere near that level. Not even close. It was a bad miscalculation on Beane’s behalf. The really frustrating thing is the lack of usage for Shakir. He Is a bigger guy, he’s fast, way more physical. He’s been in the system for a while now…give him more burn. He’s the unknown, while we all know what we have in McKenzie at this point. 

7 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Yep. I can’t understand how McKenzie keeps hanging on with this team.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s the OC.  He’s in charge of the offense.  He’s in charge of moving the chains.  It’s his job, not  Not yours.  He needs to fix it.

iv’e already stated that dirty, shakir and the crowder injury are partly to blame.  I didn’t put it all on him……but he’s the coach and teams have obstacles to overcome.  Overcome it Ken.  Start by playing shakir and sitting dirty down.  Put cook or Hines in the slot more often.  So far, the results have been pitiful and it’s hurting out offense

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s what I’d hope we do….which is to give more reps to shakir or even cook/Hines.  This last game he wasn’t throwing anything at the wall.  He just avoided it

This is epic.  I roll my eyes at one of your typical “I hope Beane doesn’t do this” posts.  You then stalk my profile and vomit and eye roll my recent posts….both of which, you agree with.  Get McKenzie out and Shakir in.  

So childish it’s hilarious.  When you see red.  Take your pills.  Don’t stalk and react.  Makes you look even dumber

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

This is epic.  I roll my eyes at one of your typical “I hope Beane doesn’t do this” posts.  You then stalk my profile and vomit and eye roll my recent posts….both of which, you agree with.  Get McKenzie out and Shakir in.  

So childish it’s hilarious.  When you see red.  Take your pills.  Don’t stalk and react.  Makes you look even dumber

What is your deal?  Talk about stalking yet that’s all you ever do with me. Don’t throw rocks if you live in a glass house. Keep my name out of your mouth and I’m more than happy to do the same. 

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

What is your deal?  Talk about stalking yet that’s all you ever do with me. Don’t throw rocks if you live in a glass house. Keep my name out of your mouth and I’m more than happy to do the same. 

I read the board a lot.  Your negativity slanted posts stick out like a sore thumb.  Your like @ScottLaw ‘s son.  “Beane should’ve done this”.  “Beane should’ve done that”.  “I said this would happen, Beane should’ve listened to me” wah wah Beane wah wah

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I read the board a lot.  Your negativity slanted posts stick out like a sore thumb.  Your like @ScottLaw ‘s son.  “Beane should’ve done this”.  “Beane should’ve done that”.  “I said this would happen, Beane should’ve listened to me” wah wah Beane wah wah

Good for you. You don’t like it don’t comment. Simple as that. We all have opinions. Sorry mine don’t match yours.  Don’t need to comment negativity and snarky remarks every time I post. And who’s the stalker again?

Its a free message board for fans. I’m a fan. I have an opinion. It has nothing to do with you.

Edited by whorlnut

10 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I want to see Hines get a fair shake on offense. Play him like McCaffrey and line him up as a receiver. Just get the ball in his hands more!

I will be surprised if that isn’t the plan…he’s learning an offense with totally different verbiage than the system he was in previously and it’s much more difficult to just come right in and play right away than someone like Jeff Wilson 

• Like (+1) 1

If we talk about a real slot receiver, we could go with Mckenzie-Hines-Cooks-and all....but Sharkir is a speedy WR with good hands. He is our best option there. He has all the tools. He needs all the reps in practice with Allen. Just give him all the reps and they could be on the same page really fast.

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Good for you. You don’t like it don’t comment. Simple as that. We all have opinions. Sorry mine don’t match yours.  Don’t need to comment negativity and snarky remarks every time I post. And who’s the stalker again?

Its a free message board for fans. I’m a fan. I have an opinion. It has nothing to do with you.

I haven’t commented on 99% of your posts. But ok.  

you constantly like to impose your negative outlook on our all world GM……expect people not to like it.  Every GM makes mistakes….dwelling on them as a fan is about as immature thing you can do as a sports fan.   Especially a GM that is regarded as elite among peers. But couch guy you knows better.  Yeah…..

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I haven’t commented on 99% of your posts. But ok.  

you constantly like to impose your negative outlook on our all world GM……expect people not to like it.  Every GM makes mistakes….dwelling on them as a fan is about as immature thing you can do as a sports fan.   Especially a GM that is regarded as elite among peers. But couch guy you knows better.  Yeah…..

More fake news. I’ve said in other posts that Beane is the best gm in football. I think the problem is McD, “but ok”…

I’d like to say I’m surprised Shakir hasn’t stepped into that roll yet but I know that’s how McD works. I thought McKenzie could step in for Beas but he hasn’t. We are getting nothing from the slot right now and it’s gotta change. McKenzie earned the roll in practice but hasn’t done anything during games to keep it. It’s definitely time for a change. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.