Slot receiver?

Deadstroke

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Davis is a bit frustrating thus far as the #2, but he’s starting to show that he can make the normal chain moving plays.. so hopefully it’s starting to slowly come together for him.  

The frustration towards him is exacerbated by our slot wr being nonexistent.  

Can’t think of too many teams that primarily pass the ball and only deploy two WR’s they’ll throw to / rely on.  

All anyone has to do is throw on a KC game, and see how they scheme and use 4-5 WR’s around Kelce.   Our passing offense looks like a JV dumpster fire compared to them right now. 

It is crazy how KC always has guys running open 6 yards down the field. waiting for the easy catch!!! Andy Reid is that guy. Josh Allen could be even so much more in a better offense. I’m hoping they figure it out. 

• Agree 1

Maybe its been mentioned in this thread but does Crowder come back from broken ankle at all?

11 minutes ago, 97bills said:

It is crazy how KC always has guys running open 6 yards down the field. waiting for the easy catch!!! Andy Reid is that guy. Josh Allen could be even so much more in a better offense. I’m hoping they figure it out. 

Eh its usually Kelce and usually because he engages a defender, then pushes the defender off of him and runs free. Either DPI or wide open every time.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

What is your deal?  Talk about stalking yet that’s all you ever do with me. Don’t throw rocks if you live in a glass house. Keep my name out of your mouth and I’m more than happy to do the same. 

Use the block feature, very useful.  There are some real A holes on here and he is one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Repulsif said:

Simply put, we miss Beasley

I would want him on my intramural old man YMCA basketball team. If he was good enough to play in the NFL today, he would be playing in the NFL today. He’s not.

They gambled on Crowder, he got hurt, and here we are. That’s life in the NFL. 

We need a great young and cheap player to play that Beasley role. The slot guy who sits in the weak spots of a zone.

Time to look at the Lions game. 

When do we actually get to see Hines and all that speed that was promised with the ball in his hands? 

On Sunday we finally started using toss-sweep to get James Cook moving towards the line quickly instead of the ridiculously slow developing RPO stuff we do. 

But we have injuries to Crowder and Kumerow. 

The Bills have 7 games left to start working on getting Cook the ball in space, Hines into the offense running routes, Shakir off the dang bench and catching some passes. 

We develop and utilize these guys at a snail's pace. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Maybe its been mentioned in this thread but does Crowder come back from broken ankle at all?

Eh its usually Kelce and usually because he engages a defender, then pushes the defender off of him and runs free. Either DPI or wide open every time.

Beane was asked about that after the trade deadline and he said he doesn't have a timeline on that yet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Use the block feature, very useful.  There are some real A holes on here and he is one

Yeah, I’m the A-hole.  All dude does is bag on our GM 24/7 telling us how his picks would’ve been better and I tell him what an idiot he is.  Message boards aren’t for everyone.  Especially those thin skinned smack talkers. 

Yes @whorlnutuse the ignore feature. 

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Nope.  5 pages of Mckenzie is useless. 

17 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

I have no problem thinking that our #1 & #2 wideouts are fine, and the same goes for TE, but what in the world do we do about the slot?  When we had Beasley it seemed that when needed Josh could look his way for 6 or 8 yards anyway.  Not anymore.  Now what?  What is the problem?  Who is the man? 🤥

For starters getting Knox more involved in game plan as your check down/short game, like last week.

Short of Tolbert, the Shakir mystery is the most frustrating personnel decision this coaching stuff has put us through

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, I’m the A-hole.  All dude does is bag on our GM 24/7 telling us how his picks would’ve been better and I tell him what an idiot he is.  Message boards aren’t for everyone.  Especially those thin skinned smack talkers. 

Yes @whorlnutuse the ignore feature. 

Nope.  5 pages of Mckenzie is useless. 

Again…we have a great GM. I’ve said it multiple times. But you keep being you…

23 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Shakir or McKenzie need to step up. I also do not like Dorsey’s route concepts to be honest. Daboll being gone really has hurt the design of the offense. 

Mckenzie was paid to stick around because the Bills had no Balls to stick with Bease & Shakir was drafted to be that guy plus they had Hodgins which was a very good slot guy in college but because Dabol knew that he is now not a option .

So these are the 2 but to this point Mckenzie hasn't proven that he is worth the money they paid him to catch the ball & even though Bease is out there i wouldn't see Beane having the stones to go bring him back but IMHO he would be a very welcome sight & i bet Josh would agree  .

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

For starters getting Knox more involved in game plan as your check down/short game, like last week.

Short of Tolbert, the Shakir mystery is the most frustrating personnel decision this coaching stuff has put us through

I wonder how Jaquarii Roberson is looking on the practice squad. He put up some numbers at WF. Has nice size and good hands (according to draft analysis) 

14 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

What concepts don’t you like?

If that’s the case, don’t you think the the lack of a true slot WR has had an effect on these concepts and game plans? Can’t make Shakir something he’s not right now.  We know McKenzie is not a true slot.   Also, Beasley was really great 

Sure where are the 20 yard Digs in this offense, Where are the flood concepts?  Where are the Motions?  Where are the Stacks?  Dorsey's doesnt scheme WRs open like Daboll he tells them to win their 1v1.  I am sorry I just see too many times when they do try to flood at levels all the WRs are bunched close together effectively allowing 1 DB to cover 2.  Route Spacing has gone away.  There are some to name a few.  Also Beasley is washed and out of the NFL

1 hour ago, T master said:

Mckenzie was paid to stick around because the Bills had no Balls to stick with Bease & Shakir was drafted to be that guy plus they had Hodgins which was a very good slot guy in college but because Dabol knew that he is now not a option .

So these are the 2 but to this point Mckenzie hasn't proven that he is worth the money they paid him to catch the ball & even though Bease is out there i wouldn't see Beane having the stones to go bring him back but IMHO he would be a very welcome sight & i bet Josh would agree  .

Beasley is out there because he is washed and retired because the NFL said you are done.  McKenzie got paid because of what he did in Dabolls offense, now in Dorsey who cannot scheme route concepts has taken is production away.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

People really need to let Beasley go.

He was in decline last year with the Bills, and he didn't last in Tampa. 

I know the Bills have a history of bringing guys out of retirement, but you're not getting 2019 Cole Beasley again. 

The Bills don't have the same personnel as they did in 2020 to allow for empty / 4-wide sets that created more space. 

Dorsey enjoys throwing out of tight formations. Also, the Bills don't get much on quick screen type throws, which goes right back to the slot production. The quick 5-10 yard throw is missing from this offense. 

As much as this seems like an issue.  

The Bills are first in the league in 3rd down conversion percentage

The Bills are passing for 32 more yards this year vs last and the same rate of TD passes.

Completion percentage is up a bit

The Bills are first or second in yards per game and scoring points

The only problem I see is turnovers.

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

As much as this seems like an issue.  

The Bills are first in the league in 3rd down conversion percentage

The Bills are passing for 32 more yards this year vs last and the same rate of TD passes.

Completion percentage is up a bit

The Bills are first or second in yards per game and scoring points

The only problem I see is turnovers.

Yup, in both yards and points the Bills are 2nd overall. 

You have to believe the 49ers on moving up the charts. 

Man for man, their skill position players are the best in the league, as good as Miami's duo is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.