Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, ßookie_tech said:

Let's keep this running game going. I want to see Cook break a long one. I feel it coming. 

EDIT: ALSO Can we execute some screen plays? We've got to be bottom of the league in screen attempts. I don't care if we need to summon Chan Gailey Weekend at Bernie's 2 style. Seeing Chubb and Hunt rip off chunks from screen passes made me envious. Cook and Hines have the wheels to take it the distance any given play. 

Cook looked good yesterday.  He was not tentative and seemed to have speed that was not present in earlier games.  I am excited to see what he will be able to do as the season moves forward.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a bad matchup for the Lions D. Okudah will be out and it’s already a weak secondary, they haven’t faced a passing offense like the bills during their 3 game winning streak. 

This ain’t the Bills team from week 2.

Take the Lions with the points.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I would have thought that the Bills would have retained 'home' status (including locker room) despite the move of the game.

I think McD addressed this.  Against Cleveland, the Bills wanted to use the visitors lockeroom and be on the visitors sidelines.  It was their choice.  They wanted to have the exact same "feel" as they were going to have for the Lions game on Thursday.  So the guys are familiar with it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I think McD addressed this.  Against Cleveland, the Bills wanted to use the visitors lockeroom and be on the visitors sidelines.  It was their choice.  They wanted to have the exact same "feel" as they were going to have for the Lions game on Thursday.  So the guys are familiar with it.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Those chose to use the visiting team’s locker room and sideline.

OK, thank you for the clarification.  Just stand that guddam love seat up on end in the shower room. 

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’m guessing it was more about equipment logistics. Why move all if your crap down the hallway after yesterday’s game when you’re going to right back in the same building in three days. Makes a lot of sense to me. If you see how much equipment they bring with them, I certainly don’t blame them. The equipment staff have lives too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Let's keep this running game going. I want to see Cook break a long one. I feel it coming. 

EDIT: ALSO Can we execute some screen plays? We've got to be bottom of the league in screen attempts. I don't care if we need to summon Chan Gailey Weekend at Bernie's 2 style. Seeing Chubb and Hunt rip off chunks from screen passes made me envious. Cook and Hines have the wheels to take it the distance any given play. 

We attempt them, we're just poor in the development and execution. 

• Like (+1) 1

I hope Josh can get a full practice in to get back some timing/accuracy.

Can’t afford to start off with a bunch of 3 and outs against the Lions or they may put us in a deep hole.

This is probably the most meaningful game they’ve had in a long time and they’ll come out with their hair on fire.

• Agree 3

59 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Cook looked good yesterday.  He was not tentative and seemed to have speed that was not present in earlier games.  I am excited to see what he will be able to do as the season moves forward.  

Cook’s burst is very noticeable 

8 minutes ago, Process said:

One practice is interesting. Don't teams usually practice Monday when they play on Thurs?

I thought so too… today must be all meetings and walkthrough Wednesday before they leave?

Edited by YoloinOhio

IMO 10 points is a lot.  Would love to see it happen and not saying it can't, but I think Vegas is underestimating the Lions.  Winners of 3 in a row, and they were quality opponents (Giants, Packers and Bears).  And they only lost to the Dolphins by 4.  Add to that the fact they've lost the last 5 Thanksgiving day matchups, I'm assuming we're gonna get their very best effort.  

That win yesterday was crucial for us in so many ways. Cleaned up our run D, Allen played a much smarter, safer game and got some confidence back, our RB's both looked good, but to me the biggest stat yesterday, and maybe the most underrated, ZERO TURNOVERS.  Too many games this year we've had too many self-inflicted wounds.   If we can get a few more players back in the lineup (Edmunds, Elam, Groot maybe), I see no reason we can't come away with a W.  I'd love to see us dominate for a full four quarters, which is really something we haven't been able to do all year, not counting the games that were blowouts and over by the 4th...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

The spacing on our screen plays is awful...the screen player is usually WAY too close to the blockers which draws all the defenders to him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.