Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

he was ruled out last week by Sean 

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McDermott had ruled him out last Friday along with the others 

50 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

You are correct. We had a vein in the browns game thread about this because I thought it was odd too. Only listed as inactive 1 hr before.

Must have missed that report so fair enough.  

I still find it troubling when a player was rule out/inactive for a game with no injury designation.  I know others have already started threads about it so I'm not going to get into it.  Just wish there was a little more than "taking it day by day" if he is practicing in full.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Personally, I think all this "we're this team's Super Bowl!" talk is silly, no matter who it's against or in what week it takes place.

I'm sure players are more amped for certain games than others, but I really don't think opposing teams' players are out there circling the Bills game on their calendar, or getting together before the game and saying "this is the big one, boys!". If you want to say this game is bigger for Detroit because it's on Thanksgiving and its on national TV and they take pride in hosting the Thanksgiving day game every year, then fine. But I don't think hosting the Bills has anything to do with it.

I'm not aiming this at anyone specifically, I've just been seeing the "we're your Super Bowl" talk from Bills fans every week, no matter who we're against, and I just can't buy into it. ESPECIALLY now that the Bills are the AFC's 5 seed and are a three-loss team. Like...why would be anyone's "Super Bowl" at this point?

I don't know about "this team's Super Bowl", but don't you think that coaches get a bit more revved up for some games than others, when that team has owned them or made them look bad in previous games/years?  McDermott seemed to have a little extra edge for the Chiefs and Titans games. 

Also, too many players on the 2019/2020 Bills commented on "Y'all picked against us!" and "Buffalo -vs- Everybody" for me to think that players don't notice when they're huge underdogs and use that to amp themselves up.

Then you have the fact that teams want to prove themselves by defeating the best QBs and teams.

6 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

So let me get this straight:

last week Tre was ruled out by McDermott the Friday before the game 

this week, day before game, he has not been ruled out

So there’s a chance…..???

nah not getting my hopes up

(….but there is, right? :lol: from what we know)

Yes.  Those are the facts about his status that we know.  Everything else being talked about is speculation.

19 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

So let me get this straight:

last week Tre was ruled out by McDermott the Friday before the game 

this week, day before game, he has not been ruled out

So there’s a chance…..???

nah not getting my hopes up

(….but there is, right? :lol: from what we know)

He's got a folding tables chance in a bills tailgate. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Feed Diggs 

He's averaging 10.4 targets per game and is 2nd in the league in receptions, with 76.

I'd say they HAVE been feeding Diggs. 

It would be nice to see Gabe Davis have a big game, too, though.

I'd love it if the Bills could get back to their previous "scorched earth" form on offense and just run the Lions out of the building. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.