Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Interesting stats. If I’m reading it correctly with ten more TD passes in the last seven games Josh stands to be in first place all time for the most TD passes in the first five years of an NFL career….overtaking Dan Marino. 

It's kind of a skewed stat because Mahomes started 1 game his first year, which counts towards a year.

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Man, I really hope we can get these guys healthy soon.  

I'd say both have a good chance of returning verse the Pats. I'm just kind of flabbergasted at the amount of ankle injuries this year...is it something where players are diving at our guys feet more?? Seems really hard to believe it could just be that big of a difference otherwise.

Edited by Big Turk

On 11/21/2022 at 6:27 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is going to be a lot tougher of a game than people realize. Buffalo can’t come out looking flat like they did against the Browns. The one thing the Lions can do is score points scoring 30+ in 5 of their matchups. I think they are much better than what their record is. Thankfully their defense is atrocious. 

My Sister-in-law is a season ticket holder for the Lions. They are expecting a huge, loud crowd that will be pumped up due to the Lions win streak (plus everyone wants to beat the Bills). I believe they expect this to be the third largest crowd to attend a function in this stadium… and they have had a Super Bowl and other big events there. Luckily she is giving me her seat for the game so I’ll do my best to cheer the Bills on. I think this will be a tough game.

2 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

My Sister-in-law is a season ticket holder for the Lions. They are expecting a huge, loud crowd that will be pumped up due to the Lions win streak (plus everyone wants to beat the Bills). I believe they expect this to be the third largest crowd to attend a function in this stadium… and they have had a Super Bowl and other big events there. Luckily she is giving me her seat for the game so I’ll do my best to cheer the Bills on. I think this will be a tough game.

And we play in another teams Superbowl again next week!

Personally, I think all this "we're this team's Super Bowl!" talk is silly, no matter who it's against or in what week it takes place.

I'm sure players are more amped for certain games than others, but I really don't think opposing teams' players are out there circling the Bills game on their calendar, or getting together before the game and saying "this is the big one, boys!". If you want to say this game is bigger for Detroit because it's on Thanksgiving and its on national TV and they take pride in hosting the Thanksgiving day game every year, then fine. But I don't think hosting the Bills has anything to do with it.

I'm not aiming this at anyone specifically, I've just been seeing the "we're your Super Bowl" talk from Bills fans every week, no matter who we're against, and I just can't buy into it. ESPECIALLY now that the Bills are the AFC's 5 seed and are a three-loss team. Like...why would be anyone's "Super Bowl" at this point?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, dakrider said:

That would be pretty amazing especially considering Allen's first year vs Marino who went to SB his first year. 

I too always thought Marino played in SB as a rookie.  Actually in his rookie year of 1983 he started 9 games starting 9 and went 7-2.  The Dolphins lost in playoffs that year to Seattle in First round.  It was 1984, his 2nd year that he had a great year and they went to SB and lost to the 49ers 

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Oooohhhh, You'll get some people on you about that. 😬. I actually like them though.😁.

I am actually one who hates the red helmets, but, supposedly, they went to them to help Ferguson's interception problem.  The theory was that he was accidentally throwing it to the wrong team and the red helmets would make Bills players stand out more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

According to the injury report, no they didn't. 

He hasn't shown up on it since he was redesigned from IR.  Just inactive on game day. 

You are correct. We had a vein in the browns game thread about this because I thought it was odd too. Only listed as inactive 1 hr before.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Personally, I think all this "we're this team's Super Bowl!" talk is silly, no matter who it's against or in what week it takes place.

I'm sure players are more amped for certain games than others, but I really don't think opposing teams' players are out there circling the Bills game on their calendar, or getting together before the game and saying "this is the big one, boys!". If you want to say this game is bigger for Detroit because it's on Thanksgiving and its on national TV and they take pride in hosting the Thanksgiving day game every year, then fine. But I don't think hosting the Bills has anything to do with it.

I'm not aiming this at anyone specifically, I've just been seeing the "we're your Super Bowl" talk from Bills fans every week, no matter who we're against, and I just can't buy into it. ESPECIALLY now that the Bills are the AFC's 5 seed and are a three-loss team. Like...why would be anyone's "Super Bowl" at this point?

Maybe calling it a teams super bowl is a bit much but it's very easy motivation playing the bills

It's a double digit spread last I checked, most media says the bills are the best team in football

You don't think teams get up more for games that they can prove people wrong?

Take a look at coaches and players reactions from the dolphins/jets and Vikings when the clock hit zero - those aren't reactions of a middle of the season win

18 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I forgot lions got Jameson Williams. He practiced today for the first time and comes back in December. with the rams pick easy top five and good shot at second overall they can get a qb and actually have a rebuild going on

I wish we could swap the Panthers and Lions for our local team. 

The Panthers and their fans are some of the most douchey fans in the league. They talk ***** when they win, put their UNC hoody on over their Panthers garb when they lose. They are as fake and commercial to a point that only gen z and young millennials could create something as repugnant. 

This mindset falls over to their players and the community surrounding the Panthers. 

Whereas the Lions fans are some blue collar folks with a team that embodies their mindset. I'd gladly take the Lions & their fanbase in Charlotte over the Kittens.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.