Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They're 9-11 now. That was written prior to the Jacksonville game.

Is look good, play good a total fallacy? Is there nothing psychological about big losses in those uniforms?

Who’s to say what looks good!  All it uniforms are better than most other unis.  We always looks good. 

I have no idea if there’s anything psychological about big losses….. do you?

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Who’s to say what looks good!  All it uniforms are better than most other unis.  We always looks good. 

Exactly! Any combo that we have is better than anything that the Browns or Jaguars ever wear. 

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The players are not worried about which uniform they’re wearing. If so, they’d lose. They only care about scoring TDs and playing great defense, focused on securing a win. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, arcane said:

Pretty sure they wore blue on blue for Dallas. At the very least it was blue on white 

I know you're all past this point, but for sure it was blue on blue.  My avatar is Josh getting the first down on a fourth down keeper play in that Dallas game and you can see the blue on blue.  Josh was not going to be denied on that play, and right then it became obvious to me that we had secured a hell of a QB - he won me over with his grit.

25 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

The players are not worried about which uniform they’re wearing. If so, they’d lose. They only care about scoring TDs and playing great defense, focused on securing a win. 

I agree.  Uniforms are negligible 

4 hours ago, JMM said:

So we won't have the QB of our O line again. Down Groot and Espenesa, no way Tre plays, no Edmunds. Just brutal. 

I believe in the next man up saying, when its 1 or 2 players.  Since week 3, we have had the worst injury report that I can personally ever recall.  It is just too much to overcome sometimes.  Imo we are undefeated this year so far if we were only missing 1 or 2 players.  We have been missing 3 almost all year, and many more beyond that.  I dont believe in the injuries are no excuse nonsense.  Going to be a rough Turkey day, I spend it alone every year and a win is the only thing I have to look forward too on Thanksgiving, a loss makes it much worse for me.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I believe in the next man up saying, when its 1 or 2 players.  Since week 3, we have had the worst injury report that I can personally ever recall.  It is just too much to overcome sometimes.  Imo we are undefeated this year so far if we were only missing 1 or 2 players.  We have been missing 3 almost all year, and many more beyond that.  I dont believe in the injuries are no excuse nonsense.  Going to be a rough Turkey day, I spend it alone every year and a win is the only thing I have to look forward too on Thanksgiving, a loss makes it much worse for me.

Keep your head up. Not sure how much stock to put in the below. As clean as our injury report has been the last few years, the heightened season expectations, the key role players getting dinged up, it all seems to make things hurt a bit more when not blowing others out. 

That said, for the metrics used in determining the “Banged Up Score”/team health, the Bills are not that bad off. 

Note: Posted before last Sunday’s games.

We got this. 

Edited by KellyToTasker

17 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Keep your head up. Not sure how much stock to put in the below. As clean as our injury report has been the last few years, the heightened season expectations, the key role players getting dinged up, it all seems to make things hurt a bit more when not blowing others out. 

That said, for the metrics used in determining the “Banged Up Score”/team health, the Bills are not that bad off. 

We got this. 

Thanks, that list is definitely a suprise.  I would have guessed we were near dead last.  My guess would be this does not calculate players on IR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Thanks, that list is definitely a suprise.  I would have guessed we were near dead last.  My guess would be this does not calculate players on IR

I was curious. Just looked it up. 

“Banged Up Score" (BUS™) — which includes a variety of factors such as injury reports, IR designations and factors that consider the specific players included on those reports”. Sort of clarifies the score/rating. 

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Edmunds next contract falls with each lost game.  I guess Von gets doubled again with Boogie bull rushing on the other side. I expected a heavy dose of running but they might let Goff go some?

That’s exactly how I would attack buffalo, we’ve shown we can stop the run but not so much the pass. QBs have been just throwing it up and guys coming down with it. Think what it could be if golff gets in a rhythm, it might take super josh to win this one. 

1 hour ago, KellyToTasker said:

We got this. 

Does that factor in how impactful each injury is?  Or just a total number of injuries? We may not have the most injuries overall but they are always in the worst areas somehow 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Beck Water said:

This is scaring me to death. 

I hope Josh and Von Roten are working overtime on that QB center exchange, because if Josh didn't have good hands and great reflexes, his 3 fumbles in the MIA game woulda been worse.

it's the shotgun snap that's most important.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.