Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yes, and what is the tipping point when it comes to injuries? 

We're not getting players back as fast as we are losing them.

Thursday is setting up for no Rousseau, Edmunds, Morse, Epenesa. 

Edmunds next contract falls with each lost game.  I guess Von gets doubled again with Boogie bull rushing on the other side. I expected a heavy dose of running but they might let Goff go some?

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

It'll be nice to have Kaiir Elam back.

No Rousseau & no Epenesa leaves us with 3 healthy DE's! Time to call up Mike Love?

I like Mike Love. I believe he can bring some speed. May not hurt to have Zimmer in the rotate either.

• Like (+1) 3

If your Detroit, your probably hoping to be able to run the ball and get some good play action passing going.  And then they will try to force Allen into making mistakes. I'm sure thats about every teams game plan for the Bills though.  Could be a lot of points being scored.  I just hope Allen and the offense performs well, especially in 2nd half. 

1 hour ago, JMM said:

So we won't have the QB of our O line again. Down Groot and Espenesa, no way Tre plays, no Edmunds. Just brutal. 

The Bills should beat the Lions comfortably.  But it matters what Bills team shows up.  But if Bills take care of business, Morse-Edmunds-Groot-AJ all get one more week to rest and recover.  And then the Bills have their most important 3 games- at Pats, Jets, Dolphins.  Sweep those take control, of the AFC East, and start dialing in on Pole Position

and who knows?  Maybe Tre makes it back for the Pats game? When Tre comes back, the Bills are that much better!

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 947 said:

We've been getting absolutely killed by WR1s on teams who don't have much as far as secondary receivers. Jefferson & Amari Cooper were open on just about every play. And we still didn't adjust anything toward them.

Amon-Ra St Brown will do the same if we don't double, or at least bracket him, they have literally nothing at receiver besides him.

Jefferson was actually well covered most of the day.  Almost every single one of his catches was contested, and some of them were just ridiculous individual plays on his part.  Not sure about Cooper, since I didn't watch the game closely as I was traveling, but he was blanketed on the first touchdown catch and came up with a highlight reel grab.  Seems as if our DBs can stay with these dudes, but they just aren't finishing plays right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Jefferson was actually well covered most of the day.  Almost every single one of his catches was contested, and some of them were just ridiculous individual plays on his part.  Not sure about Cooper, since I didn't watch the game closely as I was traveling, but he was blanketed on the first touchdown catch and came up with a highlight reel grab.  Seems as if our DBs can stay with these dudes, but they just aren't finishing plays right now.

A lot of the caches by Cleveland were the same... amazing individual plays by the QB or the WRs.  It just amazes me how teams and players always seem to have career type games/plays against us and our WRs have trouble catching balls that hit them in the chest. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

ah you are correct blue on blue.  

White jersey, blue pants
47 percent win percentage (9-10) since 2017

The least aesthetically pleasing entry for the Bills are the white-on-blue uniforms, and they reflect the inverse of the “look good, play good” mantra. Buffalo wore these uniforms to beat the Patriots on Monday Night Football in 2020 and claim their position as the new Kings of the AFC East, but that’s their only notable win with the pairing. Now back to those big or important losses we talked about at the beginning of the article; Wild Card 2017, Wild Card 2019, Titans 2020, “Hail Murray,” AFC Championship Game 2020, and the Titans 2021. It’s the list of literally every big loss of Sean McDermott’s career.

They're 9-11 now. That was written prior to the Jacksonville game.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

So you really think the uniforms are having an impact on wins and losses?

Is look good, play good a total fallacy? Is there nothing psychological about big losses in those uniforms?

35 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

It was a mix of ridiculous catches, poor technique by DBs in good coverage or guys out of position and beat by his routes.

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Quessenberry is our #3 OT right now, I don't think they risk him starting at Guard.

Van Roten is now the only backup to Bates at Center, so I don't think he starts, which leaves us with Bobby Hart at RG.

So they will be running to the right side all game probably.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.