Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

It looked like 75 Van Roten was at RG in the short clip shown up thread.  I think Quessenberry would get the start at RG if Bates at C.

Quessenberry is our #3 OT right now, I don't think they risk him starting at Guard.

Van Roten is now the only backup to Bates at Center, so I don't think he starts, which leaves us with Bobby Hart at RG.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Quessenberry is our #3 OT right now, I don't think they risk him starting at Guard.

Van Roten is now the only backup to Bates at Center, so I don't think he starts, which leaves us with Bobby Hart at RG.

i wouldn't be surprised if at some time they take a look at Alec Anderson at RG. They said during camp and pre season that he doesn't lose his matchups. 6'5 310?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Under McDermott, the Bills are 9-11 when wearing white on blue, with the combo not being used at all ever since the Jacksonville debacle last year. This is a huge gamble by the Bills.

The Bills' winning percentage in every other uniform combo is WAY over .500, not even close to this at all.

I think white on blue was used in the Dallas Thanksgiving game.  I'm not superstitious so I dont believe uniform combos affect anything.  Unless maybe some blend might affect QB vision.

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Of all the silly conversations around this board lately, uniform color and odds of winning is perhaps the silliest.  Maybe you should offer your lucky rabbits foot to McD for the game?  

You can say it's silly, but how do you respond to the facts? Do you think it's just a coincidence that their record in these uniforms is way worse?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I think white on blue was used in the Dallas Thanksgiving game.  I'm not superstitious so I dont believe uniform combos affect anything.  Unless maybe some blend might affect QB vision.

Pretty sure they wore blue on blue for Dallas. At the very least it was blue on white 

9 minutes ago, arcane said:

Pretty sure they wore blue on blue for Dallas. At the very least it was blue on white 

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Nope, blue on blue

ah you are correct blue on blue.  

White jersey, blue pants
47 percent win percentage (9-10) since 2017

The least aesthetically pleasing entry for the Bills are the white-on-blue uniforms, and they reflect the inverse of the “look good, play good” mantra. Buffalo wore these uniforms to beat the Patriots on Monday Night Football in 2020 and claim their position as the new Kings of the AFC East, but that’s their only notable win with the pairing. Now back to those big or important losses we talked about at the beginning of the article; Wild Card 2017, Wild Card 2019, Titans 2020, “Hail Murray,” AFC Championship Game 2020, and the Titans 2021. It’s the list of literally every big loss of Sean McDermott’s career.

Edited by Scott7975

15 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You can say it's silly, but how do you respond to the facts? Do you think it's just a coincidence that their record in these uniforms is way worse?

So you really think the uniforms are having an impact on wins and losses?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This will not be a roll over game, not with the way the Lions have been playing on offense.

The Lions were a 3 point underdog to the Giants on the road. So Vegas see's them as even, DVOA has the Lions 6 spots ahead of the Giants.

To give you an idea, 4 spots ahead of the Lions, is Tennessee, 3 spots ahead are the Jets, 2 spots ahead are the Packers, 1 spot ahead are the Browns. We have played all 4 teams. I would not use the Titans game for reference, we were so much healthier and crisp at that time.

Against the Packers, Browns, and Jets we went 2-1 with an average score of 25-20. The Lions are ranked much higher in DVOA in the weighted version. I used the non weighted version. Just as we are ranked lower in the weighted version (#1 non weighted).  

We should win, yes, but this is not the same old Lions. They can threaten us. We will have to play well. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Lions are in the playoff discussion at years end.  

Edited by KzooMike

4 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

This will not be a roll over game, not with the way the Lions have been playing on offense.

The Lions were a 3 point underdog to the Giants on the road. So Vegas see's them as even, DVOA has the Lions 6 spots ahead of the Giants.

To give you an idea, 4 spots ahead of the Lions, is Tennessee, 3 spots ahead are the Jets, 2 spots ahead are the Packers, 1 spot ahead are the Browns. We have played all 4 teams. I would not use the Titans game for reference, we were so much healthier and crisp at that time.

Against the Packers, Browns, and Jets we went 2-1 with an average score of 25-20. The Lions are ranked much higher in DVOA in the weighted version. I used the non weighted version. Just as we are ranked lower in the weighted version (#1 non weighted).  

We should win, yes, but this is not the same old Lions. They can threaten us. We will have to play well. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Lions are in the playoff discussion at years end.  

Yes, and what is the tipping point when it comes to injuries? 

We're not getting players back as fast as we are losing them.

Thursday is setting up for no Rousseau, Edmunds, Morse, Epenesa. 

• Vomit 1

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Thanks for this.

All of what you say may be true, and if so, it adds another concern: Lack of adaptability.

I think the best offensive coordinators build their offense around the personnel they have. If they don't happen to have their ideal personnel, they adapt to what they DO have and make it work anyway. In fairness to Dorsey, the Bills are #2 in YPG and PPG and #3 in Yards Per Play. So I can't exactly say that he's NOT making it work.

Still, whether Cook, Hines, and McKenzie are his idea of great personnel or not, it's who he's got, so I'd like to see him dial up some winning plays for them.

I've been out doing chores all afternoon and had the thoughts come up about this team with respect to Ken Dorsey. And I just keep going back to the idea on his desire to have two tight ends. He's mentioned this many times to the media. And all I can come up with is that his time in Miami had Jeremy shockey and Kellen Winslow Jr as his tight ends. I don't remember enough about the Miami offense at that period to get technical but I know those two players dominated defenses even with a fully star-studded wide receiver unit. 

We need some experts to go back to those early 2000s Miami teams to think about what Dorsey may want to do long-term in the NFL with regard to double tight end sets.

• Like (+1) 1

We've been getting absolutely killed by WR1s on teams who don't have much as far as secondary receivers. Jefferson & Amari Cooper were open on just about every play. And we still didn't adjust anything toward them.

Amon-Ra St Brown will do the same if we don't double, or at least bracket him, they have literally nothing at receiver besides him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.