Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would like to see Cook and Hines in backfield at same time.  We could motion and set up mismatch's.  And it would be good for opponent to burn time outs- because Hines lines up wide against some slow LB

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think there’s this notion floating around that the lions offense is way better than the browns but it’s really not true.  

cleveland is 4th in the league in ypg and detroit is 6th so pretty similar.  Not to mention brissett was excellent yesterday in a way that I don’t think Goff is even capable of.  The ball placement on some of those throws in tight coverage was really impressive 

Detroit is basically Cleveland with a worse defensive line and we get a full week of practice this time 

Full week of practice? I heard we are only practicing tomorrow. I dont think they practiced today and Wednesday they will travel to play on Thursday.  How is that a full week?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Full week of practice? I heard we are only practicing tomorrow. I dont think they practiced today and Wednesday they will travel to play on Thursday.  How is that a full week?

Bills at least get the SAME practice amount as lions. That’s waaay better than last week!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

After listening to Coach's presser, it sounded like:

Likely out this week: Edmunds, AJ

Likely to return: Elam

Limited/lean toward playing: Morse, Quessenberry

Limited/likely more questionable: Groot

Complete unknown: Tre

Always tough playing on a short week, hopefully can get Klein up to speed quickly and get Elam/Morse/Quessenberry healthy enough to play.

Groot would be a bonus, but I could see us calling up a P/S def end this week...also be interesting how they handle Gentry/Rhodes (each have just 1 callup remaining).  Speedy also has to be close to playing, activating him this week could be something to watch.

Not having Morse would be really bad.  They already have exchange problems. =(

Just now, Since1981 said:

Bills at least get the SAME practice amount as lions. That’s waaay better than last week!!

True.  I think the Bills win anyways.  Josh wants his turkey leg!

52 minutes ago, Pete said:

I would like to see Cook and Hines in backfield at same time.  We could motion and set up mismatch's.  And it would be good for opponent to burn time outs- because Hines lines up wide against some slow LB

they have been back there together on a number of packages. The problem is they don’t give it to Hines!! 

what I would love to see are just basic check downs and screens to Hines. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gee, coach. Did you just realize that? 

While you are at it, consider using Hines as a receiver too. 

4 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Josh is back. I heard it click when he hit Gabe with that beautiful crosser.

I expect a similar game from Josh against the Lions with a few more deep shots off of play action especially if we can establish the run again.

If Josh continues with the patient/low risk game, I am actually fine with it. Just because you have a Ferrari doesn't mean you need to floor the gas every time. 

Mahomes/Reid changed their O strategy last season to much success and it is not a bad one for the Bills to imitate. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

According to Joe B, the Bills did do that several times with one 8 yard loss but two 15 yard gains.  He expects to see it more as it forces defenses to choose between playing nickel or an extra LB.

Wouldn’t it be good to have a semi consistent O personnel package that allows nearly any play thus element of unknown for the defense to deal with? rush, pass, short, long? 

btw:

“#68 Eligible” (Hart like 9 times)

4D offensive chess, bahahahah. 

Edited by Since1981

55 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They have one full practice tomorrow. Today and Wednesday are walkthrough 

Zach Wilson's status as the New York Jets' starting quarterback is in peril.

Jets head coach Robert Saleh announced Monday that he has not committed to Wilson as the team's starting quarterback ahead of its Week 12 game against the Chicago Bears.

"We're keeping everything on the table the next couple of days," Saleh said at the top of his Monday news conference.

Saleh was then asked if he was committing to Wilson, to which he replied, "No, not right now. Not until I'm done evaluating everything."

30 minutes ago, chongli said:

Someone posted this in the Lions forum. They said the Lions should not blitz Josh Allen, as he is the best in the NFL under pressure according to this chart. This is awesome if true. We have the best QB in the NFL.

0d4b2fc1913fac89d71310b83c1b758b374326f0.png

Cool chart!  When Josh rolls to his right, he's deadly.  And in general, he does very well on broken plays improvising.  But this chart doesn't say we have the best QB in the NFL - It says we have the best QB under pressure in the NFL.  And a QB around average with a clean pocket.  If you trade off some under pressure success for some clean pocket success, he'd move toward Mahomes et al.  So basically this chart is saying he's more "feast or famine", but on average, he is in the top small group of QBs.  That's my interpretation, at least FWIW!  

Edited by TheWei44
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think there’s this notion floating around that the lions offense is way better than the browns but it’s really not true.  

cleveland is 4th in the league in ypg and detroit is 6th so pretty similar.  Not to mention brissett was excellent yesterday in a way that I don’t think Goff is even capable of.  The ball placement on some of those throws in tight coverage was really impressive 

Detroit is basically Cleveland with a worse defensive line and we get a full week of practice this time 

And all of the sacks he was able to work his way out of.  Brissett played really well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.