Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a bad matchup for the Lions D. Okudah will be out and it’s already a weak secondary, they haven’t faced a passing offense like the bills during their 3 game winning streak. 

Like the current bills passing offense?  Or the bills passing offense we saw the first few weeks?  

Josh is not Josh.  Hopefully he comes back soon

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Like the current bills passing offense?  Or the bills passing offense we saw the first few weeks?  

I bet we see a lot of under center plays, utilizing lots of motion and pulling to get the run game going. 

Let's just play smart football, take points, limit turnovers. Get out of there with the W. 

Then Josh gets a mini-bye to get his head and body right for the home stretch of the season. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I bet we see a lot of under center plays, utilizing lots of motion and pulling to get the run game going. 

Let's just play smart football, take points, limit turnovers. Get out of there with the W. 

Then Josh gets a mini-bye to get his head and body right for the home stretch of the season. 

He gets 7-Days and faces a tough New England defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He looked pretty good starting with the two minute drill at the end of the half. More reaction and less thinking.

I think he played well in the second half. We’ve seen better but he was head and shoulders above what he was playing like in the first quarter and a half.

Hopefully that drive got him a bit back on track.

• Agree 3

Wow, after reading some of the threads on page 1 today, I would have thought the Bills lost the game to the Browns.

So, it's on to the Lions, and what are we supposed to worry about.

The one thing I have noticed in the Browns game was that Josh has reverted some to his poor platforms when he throws.

A number of plays he had the "happy feet" and is not setting his feet.  When he did this in the past his passes tended to

be high and without a lot of touch.  I could speculate that it might be caused by indecision.  It was better in the 2nd half with

some check downs and some TE swing throws.  Please Dorsey, keep taking what the D gives you to get Josh comfy again.

I hope he can clean that up again.  Even if he doesn't, I'll take the Bills giving up 10.

26 minutes ago, Beast said:

He looked pretty good starting with the two minute drill at the end of the half. More reaction and less thinking.

I think he played well in the second half. We’ve seen better but he was head and shoulders above what he was playing like in the first quarter and a half.

Hopefully that drive got him a bit back on track.

For sure.  Most of that first half was Zach Wilson like.  Those screens….. wtf was going on.  I have to admit, I was worried that the season was about to end before our eyes.  He was terrible.  

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Josh is most definitely not Josh.  I was happy to see him play a turnover free game, but it's pretty obvious he's dealing with something.  I'm hoping it's his elbow, and that he's able to work through it.  It was so weird reading in one of today's articles, someone referred to his performance as "a proficient game-manager".  While true, it was just weird to see him referred to that way.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Worstcaseontario said:

us canadians have a different thanksgiving day but for the last 2 years ive tagged along for this one and cooked turkey dinner, the bills have won when ive done this so im once again cooking turkey thursday.

Until the Jets game, I made wings at home 6 times, and didn't make them 2 times. We were 6-2, and I made wings for each of the wins and none of the losses.

For the Jets game, I ran out to publix late and got wings and made them as fast as I could for the game. The wings came out terrible and the Bills lost to the Jets.

As it turns out, my wings had no effect at all on the bills.

• Haha (+1) 2

Should be a very competitive game.  Detroit might jump out of the gate like the Browns did and grab an early lead.  Actually the Vikings and Browns scored TD's on Buffalo on their first possessions.  Gotta clean that up.

I think Allen's elbow is still hurting, alot.  The old recipe of run and stop the run will be in effect here.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Another team trying to prove themselves against the Bills.

Bills hopefully can match their energy.

Agreed.  I do think the game being on Thanksgiving will have the Bills players fired up.  "Luckily" the remaining games after the Lions are all division games (and 1 with Bengals and Bears) so the team should be up for those as well.  Have to keep grinding and working toward getting hot right around 2nd week of December-ish heading into the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Almost wish Buffalo would just stay in Detroit and pracice there with the short week and all

It's been proven over and over it's not worth the 1-hour flight.  Practice where?  What about facilities for trainers giving injury therapy?

Sleeping in their own beds vs a hotel room and eating well vs room service?  They were home Sunday evening.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.