Week 12: Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

And Josh doesn’t let the play develop. Good screen teams always look they’re about to take a sack.

Did you see the KC game last night? Their screens against pressure were textbook perfect. It just killed the Chargers.

3 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

10 point road favorites is ludicrous given how both teams are trending.  Not saying we can't or won't win a blowout but that's not where I'd put my money.

It's early, give the gamble-holics a day to rest, it'll balance out before game time. I bet we end up around -7.

They Lions are the traditional NFL Thanksgiving  game,  going way back to 1934.  They usually are a tough game on Thanksgiving even though they have not been consistently good in many decades.  

Bills should win but this one but the Lions team is improving so I think it will be a close game.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...that is really bad...basically we are getting to the RB's very quickly just not bringing them down when we do.

All the poor tackling and initial defender bouncing off the ball carrier that it seems you see constantly while watching the game is confirmed with this stat

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

All the poor tackling and initial defender bouncing off the ball carrier that it seems you see constantly while watching the game is confirmed with this stat

And explains when they don't have those issues why they hold Chubb to 19 yards and Henry to like 25.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Let's keep this running game going. I want to see Cook break a long one. I feel it coming. 

EDIT: ALSO Can we execute some screen plays? We've got to be bottom of the league in screen attempts. I don't care if we need to summon Chan Gailey Weekend at Bernie's 2 style. Seeing Chubb and Hunt rip off chunks from screen passes made me envious. Cook and Hines have the wheels to take it the distance any given play. 

And how about some play action? 

This is huge. Jeff Okudah -- Arguably Detroit's best cornerback and certainly one of its few bright spots defensively --  is going to miss the game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/21/jeff-okudah-is-expected-to-miss-thursdays-game-with-a-concussion/

Lions cornerback Jeff Okudah has been having a strong season, but he probably won’t get a chance to help the team in their bid for a fourth straight win.

Okudah suffered a concussion in the first half of Sunday’s 31-18 win over the Giants and head coach Dan Campbell said that the quick turnaround to face the Bills on Thanksgiving is almost certainly going to be too short for Okudah to get cleared.

“No,” Campbell said, via the team’s website. “He’ll be out I’m pretty sure. We just talked about it; I don’t think there is any way possible he can play.”

Jerry Jacobs, Mike Hughes, and Amani Oruwariye will be the top corners for the Lions with Okudah out of action and they’ll have their hands full with the Bills offense in a few days.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Cook looked good yesterday.  He was not tentative and seemed to have speed that was not present in earlier games.  I am excited to see what he will be able to do as the season moves forward.  

I like what McDermott said about him (this from Lofton), that he has a new look in his eye lately, and that no one on the team has more turned it around. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Getting this started early since they play in 4 days

This will be a tough game. I am not counting this as a gimme. Need to have an error free game as against the Browns. 

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

“Guys, we got to figure out how to get Hines touches on offense”

-overheard in the offensive coaches meeting this week. 

Was McD observed to be hiding a whip when leaving Dorsey's office?

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

This is huge. Jeff Okudah -- Arguably Detroit's best cornerback and certainly one of its few bright spots defensively --  is going to miss the game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/21/jeff-okudah-is-expected-to-miss-thursdays-game-with-a-concussion/

Lions cornerback Jeff Okudah has been having a strong season, but he probably won’t get a chance to help the team in their bid for a fourth straight win.

Okudah suffered a concussion in the first half of Sunday’s 31-18 win over the Giants and head coach Dan Campbell said that the quick turnaround to face the Bills on Thanksgiving is almost certainly going to be too short for Okudah to get cleared.

“No,” Campbell said, via the team’s website. “He’ll be out I’m pretty sure. We just talked about it; I don’t think there is any way possible he can play.”

Jerry Jacobs, Mike Hughes, and Amani Oruwariye will be the top corners for the Lions with Okudah out of action and they’ll have their hands full with the Bills offense in a few days.

Diggs is licking his chops on this one.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, jletha said:

Can Edmunds, Kaiir and/or Greg come back on a short week? I defense has really struggled without Greg and Edmunds especially.

Out of these, I would assume Kaiir is the most likely. It seemed like he was on track for yesterday's game, so barring any setbacks, I would assume he plays Thursday. Edmunds and Greg feel like a stretch, but fingers crossed!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.