JESTS Radio and message boards having a melt down

JerseyBills

21 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Or Poyer. 

With Hyde already out for the year, our defense CANNOT overcome the losses of BOTH starting, probowl safeties, the #1 CB, AND the best LB in football. Plus some other losses at CB, LB and DL. It's been effing crazy this year. But if Milano and Poyer are in there, then the defense will make its share of plays. 

It's difficult for me to process how well I recall Frazier's defenses performing in our early season signature wins (against legitimate offenses), with how bendy and mediocre they've looked in our most recent struggles (against meh offenses). Feels like the film came in and the NFL is now recalibrating for a statistically relevant amount of opponent snaps to study. 

"Figure it out or get figured out."

They also didn’t have Rousseau for most of the game. 

That said, they still win easily if Allen was average.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They also didn’t have Rousseau for most of the game. 

That said, they still win easily if Allen was average.

I tried to account for a loss like Rousseau (or Oliver, or Phillips, etc.) with the generic DL mention. 

And while I agree that of course ANY of our THREE (3) ONE SCORE LOSSES could have gone the other way if QB17 makes even just one more impactful play (or possibly just one fewer toxic play), it's revealing that in those losses the Bills were only outscored 74-66. It takes a LOT to beat the Bills. And it's not a simple rationalization. Football ain't simple.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Or Poyer. 

With Hyde already out for the year, our defense CANNOT overcome the losses of BOTH starting, probowl safeties, the #1 CB, AND the best LB in football. Plus some other losses at CB, LB and DL. It's been effing crazy this year. But if Milano and Poyer are in there, then the defense will make its share of plays. 

It's difficult for me to process how well I recall Frazier's defenses performing in our early season signature wins (against legitimate offenses), with how bendy and mediocre they've looked in our most recent struggles (against meh offenses). Feels like the film came in and the NFL is now recalibrating for a statistically relevant amount of opponent snaps to study. 

With Tre & Micah out, Poyer becomes all that more important. They are 6-0 when he starts and 1-3 when he doesn't. Their only win without him came against a rookie QB, starting for the 1st time, but he still threw for over 300 yards. 

I think injuries have had a far bigger impact on the defensive struggles of late. Just in recent games we haven't had Hyde, Poyer, White, Milano, Edmunds, Elam & Groot. That's tall task to replace that many players. That and coaching far more conservative when there are that many players are out.

8 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Jets were awful but it's not THAT surprising.

But the Vikings getting whooped that bad, at home to booth, that was something else. They were 8-1 before that game, playing at home!

One, I don't want this whooping to ever happen to the Bills. Two... but imagine this board if it did!

The Vikings are a weird team. At their best they win close games. At their worst they get blown out. They win by an average of 6.6 points, but lose by an average of 27 points

They're 8-2, but have a -2 point differential lol. That almost seems impossible. 

Every team from the NFC North has a minus point differential and only Tampa has a positive point differential in the the NFC South, at +3. In contrast the AFC East is the only division in football that has all 4 teams with a positive point differential. 

• Agree 1

I really wonder if they’re gonna pull a Flores dolphins and start giving Flacco some snaps late in games if things aren’t going well. 

I am nearly certain Flacco would’ve beaten the pats Sunday 

3 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The Vikings are a weird team. At their best they win close games. At their worst they get blown out. They win by an average of 6.6 points, but lose by an average of 27 points

They're 8-2, but have a -2 point differential lol. That almost seems impossible. 

Every team from the NFC North has a minus point differential and only Tampa has a positive point differential in the the NFC South, at +3. In contrast the AFC East is the only division in football that has all 4 teams with a positive point differential. 

Vikings are a very lucky team…got the dolphins without tua and the bills missing a ton of defensive players.  If edmunds didn’t go down we would’ve won that game easily 

They’re a 6-4 team cosplaying as an 8-2 team 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Or Poyer. 

It was game two that we started losing defensive starters.  Hyde's loss is huge as well.  With Groot out, our pass rush isn't the same, and with Edmunds out, our pass defense in the middle is hurting.

The Dolphins are last year's Pats team. They were never good but got off to a good start and all of a sudden the media is saying they are the team to beat because it's boring to talk about the same teams every year. Everyone with a pair of eyes knows they have too many seriously flaws to be a real contender. They will fall off over the next month.

The Jets are last year's Dolphins. They won some games and all of a sudden they were saying is the QB actually good? Could the defense carry them? Could they be a playoff team that knocks off some good teams? Absolutely not. They won some games they weren't supposed to but that usually evens out over the course of a full season and they come back down to earth.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Not true.

They would have run 10 seconds off the clock and regular game time would have ended,  

Punt was change of possession play, clock stops at end of play. Pretty sure there is no time runoff due to penalty in that situation.

• Like (+1) 1

What a disaster of a pick for them. 

I don’t think I see this as a Tua/Fitz situation where he comes back next year with a team believing in him.  

The guy has shown nothing and seems to have a team/staff that straight up don’t like him personally. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.