SNF: Chiefs @ Chargers

EmotionallyUnstable

It’s just sickening watching how Reid schemes up that offense.   Watching Kelce be a constant cheat code.   Seeing Mahomes drooled over because of 5 yard dumps off that get taken 30-40 yards to the house.  

It is what it is. 

Bills had the 1 seed in a vice grip, and now we likely need to win out .. and I don’t even know if that will be enough. 

Arrowhead it is .. again

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s just sickening watching how Reid schemes up that offense.   Watching Kelce be a constant cheat code.   Seeing Mahomes drooled over because of 5 yard dumps off that get taken 30-40 yards to the house.  

It is what it is. 

Bills had the 1 seed in a vice grip, and now we likely need to win out .. and I don’t even know if that will be enough. 

Arrowhead it is .. again

Maybe, Mahomes has won no more than 12 regular season games except 1 time.

Teams lose games, even good ones. Maybe they go 15-2 this year, but it would be a career high for Mahomes in the regular season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just had a look at the Chiefs remaining schedule.

vs. Rams,

at Bengals

at Broncos

at Texans

vs. Seahawks

vs. Broncos

at Raiders

I don't see any losses for them there except maybe against Cincinnati. 

The situation sucks, but that's just the way it is. The Bills probably have to win out just to have a chance at home field, and the Chiefs will have to lose in an upset. 

Edited by Dr. K

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

Just had a look at the Chiefs remaining schedule. I don't see any losses for them there except maybe against Cincinnati. 

The situation sucks, but that's just the way it is. The Bills probably have to win out just to have a chance at home field, and the Chiefs will have to lose in an upset. 

Hopefully the Rams suddenly decide to play like they are the Champs and the Seahawks steal a win against KC 

2 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Just had a look at the Chiefs remaining schedule.

vs. Rams,

at Bengals

at Broncos

at Texans

vs. Seahawks

vs. Broncos

at Raiders

I don't see any losses for them there except maybe against Cincinnati. 

All the worrying about the Chiefs is not productive.

Bills had a harder schedule, we all knew that going in.  Add in that the AFC East is now a better division than the AFC West.  

Any team can win in any week.  The Chiefs are not a perfect team.   The Bills just need to work on what they can control.  

• Like (+1) 2

Watching Kelce against some of these Dbs is liking watching 8th grade basketball, where the kid who was shaving and is 6ft2 is manhandling everybody on the court on his way to scoring 50pts. Its just seems so unfair. But at the same time teams are just moronic about defending him or even disrupting his skills with any kind of out of box defending. Its like they just give up. Why the Chargers didnt double team him on the last drive or jam him at the line is just nuts. Surely there is some way to consistently stop him. 

11 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

I swear Herbert in his first year used to be like Josh - run through brick walls. Now I think a feather would make him slide.

Herbert sustained a pretty serious injury in Week 2.  Broken rib cartilage.  A quick Google search says that it takes 12 weeks to heal, and that's not while playing NFL football (throwing passes and getting hit).  I think that Herbert is sliding to protect that injured area.  I don't think he's soft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Watching Kelce against some of these Dbs is liking watching 8th grade basketball, where the kid who was shaving and is 6ft2 is manhandling everybody on the court on his way to scoring 50pts. Its just seems so unfair. But at the same time teams are just moronic about defending him or even disrupting his skills with any kind of out of box defending. Its like they just give up. Why the Chargers didnt double team him on the last drive or jam him at the line is just nuts. Surely there is some way to consistently stop him. 

James got b.s. holding call on him on that last drive -

The Chiefs went right back to the same call on the TD play knowing full well it was highly likely James wouldn’t touch him having just been called for a ridiculous holding penalty

But still, that’s what high IQ offenses do.  

Just some thoughts on the Chiefs after last night:

- I said last week that even with a few key injuries (on offense) for the first time all season, they'd still have no problem moving the ball  and winning this game because Mahomes is simply that guy. Guess what, he is that guy and even though everyone knows what's coming they are rarely stopped.

- This is starting to feel like the Patriots/Brady all over again where teams have legitimate chances to beat them but piss all over themselves and all apart in awe of Mahomes. But as great as Mahomes is he needs to finish this year with another SB win to truly ascend to that mantle.

-They probably aren't going to lose another game this year which means once again any chance the Bills or anyone else has of getting to the SB goes through KC in January. Only realistic chance for another loss is @ CIN but KC is probably going to want to send a message in that one after what happened last year. Either way still don't see Bills winning out so it's a moot point.

- Rarely do I cry conspiracy with officiating, but just like with the Pats in years past it seems every favorable call goes the Chiefs way and they are almost never called for holidng on offense and every ticky tack foul is always called against their opponent which was true even when the Bills beat them earliest this year. I get their lovefest with Mahomes being the current face of the league but things are beyond predictable with this team and you get the sense that Reid/Mahomes/etc know they always have the refs on their side.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

James got b.s. holding call on him on that last drive -

The Chiefs went right back to the same call on the TD play knowing full well it was highly likely James wouldn’t touch him having just been called for a ridiculous holding penalty

But still, that’s what high IQ offenses do.  

I would be interested to see the analytics on the officials and how likely they are to call penalties in that situation. You are probably right that the defense who got burned on a bad call might lay off on smothering coverage just in case. I would argue that would be the time as a defensive coordinator to really double down on borderline illegal or full on dirty tactics. What do you have to lose?  the Chiefs are probably going to score and refs are inept and wont call everything. You might as well resort to full on cheating at that point.

• Agree 1

Apparently the Chiefs have won 25 straight games in November and December. November is typically when the Bills struggle and lose to lesser teams. I think Buffalo is truly the only AFC team at KC’s level and the fact they struggle during a period where KC excels, there’s no wonder the “Arrowhead Invitational” is a thing. We don’t have the same consistency or the wherewithal to pull out games we should lose. 

9 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Apparently the Chiefs have won 25 straight games in November and December. November is typically when the Bills struggle and lose to lesser teams. I think Buffalo is truly the only AFC team at KC’s level and the fact they struggle during a period where KC excels, there’s no wonder the “Arrowhead Invitational” is a thing. We don’t have the same consistency or the wherewithal to pull out games we should lose. 

I thought it was 125 straight games?

12 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

We also don't have Kelce.  He makes it easy for Mahomes.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

We also don't have Kelce.  He makes it easy for Mahomes.

He does, but if we did have Kelce, would Josh use him? He’s never had a reliance on the TE. I feel like Knox gets open far more than the ball comes his way, so I’m not sure Kelce would dominate the same way with Josh under center.

12 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

He does, but if we did have Kelce, would Josh use him? He’s never had a reliance on the TE. I feel like Knox gets open far more than the ball comes his way, so I’m not sure Kelce would dominate the same way with Josh under center.

This is true.  I don't think it's a matter of Josh not using him as much as our OC.  We don't use Kelce close to the line of scrimmage like KC uses him.  Mahomes completes a little dump off pass for a few yards and Kelce takes it 20 yards plus.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.