SNF: Chiefs @ Chargers

EmotionallyUnstable

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I don't know how else to explain this.  

How do you get lucky the ref threw a flag on an actual penalty?  Also...if no flag it just goes to 4th and 4 I think...decent shot Mahomes converts...it might be moot.  The call wasnt a game changer.....

It kinda is when they didnt call obvious OPI on the first big pass play of that drive and throw away from the pocket when under duress not being called grounding.  Honestly, I dont even really care but the NFL refs do constantly effect the outcomes of close games in the moment when they hold flags all game long.  That one to me was ticky tacky. 

I would hope that even you would not deny the type of crap Kelce gets away with only for the refs to turn and favor him in a call.  Thats why these type of calls are more BS to other people that are not Chiefs fans.  Dude constantly grabs and pushes off and is rarely called only for it to be called the other way.  Look at your game a couple weeks ago where he tore someones helmet off in the endzone but only a defensive penalty there.  Yes the defender did hold but that should be offsetting.

Its not even just the Chiefs here. Even the Bills get a benefit here and there.  It happens around the league.  All I ever ask for is for refs to call a game equal for both teams througout the entire game.  Not all of a sudden just find a call when that call matters most. Im not really a conspiracy theorist but there is some merrit to WWE type talk in some of these games.  Some refs are blind as ***** bats. We had an INT taken away even after review.  We had a ball taken away from our offense when the receiver had clear possession and at best was 50/50 simultaneous possesssion even after review.  These arent ones that had no angles either.  They clearly had good angles.  There is some hogwash in this league.  May not be outright game fixing but there is stuff going on.

I mean I call this stuff all the time.  I can see some team totally get away with pass interferrance and I say outloud ... you watch they will call PI on us on the next drive.  Low and behold it happens.  That happens quite a lot.

Edited by Scott7975

3 hours ago, Process said:

It's pretty crazy that a failed QB sneak could cost us the 1 seed two years in a row

“Failed” is putting it rather mildly given what exactly happened on those plays and the circumstances. …that a QB sneak “all-time implosion” could cost…

7 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Im not blaming him at all.  Just pointing out the trend.  Until he is part of an important win, he hasnt been. And there have been chances galore

Their D this year is decimated by injuries. I think they said during the game that thEY HAD 3rd stringers starting on their D line.  I think they also showed CB were out as well.. Also last night was the first game with their #1 WR all year..  So being 5-5 is actually pretty good. 

Just watched the DVRed 2nd half. Had a great feeling with the Chargers in front with less than 2 mins. Slight nagging stress that the Chiefs and Mahomes would get close to a TD but watching that last drive was supremely nauseating. The defensive holding which was incredibly ticky tack just like so many called this year and then leaving Kelce WIDE OPEN on the TD pass?? No Jamming at the line? Idiots!

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The feeling I came away with watching the game last night is how many offensive weapons those teams have compared to the Bills.    At this point I am not convinced the Bills can make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs without a struggle let alone match up with the Chiefs again.

Relax 

51 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Doesn’t even matter, because this Chiefs team would need multiple losses for the one seed to shake free. I just don’t see multiple losses happening. The Bills, on the other hand, I see a couple more losses. The one seed is a pipe dream 

The Chiefs literally need 1 loss, to an AFC opponent and they lose the 1 seed. Dunno where you are getting multiple loses.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.