SNF: Chiefs @ Chargers

EmotionallyUnstable

This year will be the worst Chiefs team of the Mahomes era likely from 2018 thru 2026. Chiefs went full-blown rebuild mode this year (four rookies were in the secondary last night) and the WR corps is in disarray (lost Tyreek, no JuJu last night, Toney likely out, Hardman on IR). Starting a rookie 7th-round RB.

KC is in a great cap situation going forward. This doesn't have to be the year for the Bills, but it might be the best chance. Bills are a great all around team. 

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Apparently the Chiefs have won 25 straight games in November and December. November is typically when the Bills struggle and lose to lesser teams. I think Buffalo is truly the only AFC team at KC’s level and the fact they struggle during a period where KC excels, there’s no wonder the “Arrowhead Invitational” is a thing. We don’t have the same consistency or the wherewithal to pull out games we should lose. 

It's so over

• Dislike 1

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

James got b.s. holding call on him on that last drive -

The Chiefs went right back to the same call on the TD play knowing full well it was highly likely James wouldn’t touch him having just been called for a ridiculous holding penalty

But still, that’s what high IQ offenses do.  

That absolutely was not the same play

13 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

That absolutely was not the same play

But the release was clean despite James being on the line - he didn’t bump him bc he just got called for it.   

I have no way of knowing what James was supposed to do there - but he was lined up right over Kelce.  He ran with him.  

13 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

All the worrying about the Chiefs is not productive.

Bills had a harder schedule, we all knew that going in.  Add in that the AFC East is now a better division than the AFC West.  

Any team can win in any week.  The Chiefs are not a perfect team.   The Bills just need to work on what they can control.  

Yea I really don’t get all the kvetching we Bills fans do about the Chiefs. When have they really proven they are a great team this year? Beating a dysfunctional Cardinals team week 1? Two wins over the choking Chargers? A mid-divorce Brady who was getting arm barred by Giselle each night? An overrated 49ers team? Or the win against Malik Willis’s Titans?

They could mess up a game against the Bengals or Seahawks or some other random team.

Worst case scenario and we would have to beat them in Kansas City where we are 13 seconds and a coin flip away from beating them three times in a row now. I hope we can all relax about seeding and enjoy the ride of this season. This Bills team is special.

What's up, Bills fans....KC fan here. 

I think the sentiment that KC has the 1 seed all but locked up is silly. They could easily lose in Cincinnati, and Seattle's not a gimme. I could even see them slipping up in Denver or Vegas. The Raiders have a lot of offensive talent and the Broncos have an elite defense. Both would love to play spoiler. The Chiefs are good, but they're not a juggernaut. They don't have a massive margin for error. 

The sentiment that KC gets all the calls is also silly. They often have more penalties than opponents, and there have been a ton of game-changing calls that have gone against them this year. 3 or 4 TDs were taken off the board already this year thanks to ticky tack penalties. Jones was penalized for mean words to Matt Ryan (Chiefs beat the Colts if that flag isn't thrown) and Smith-Schuster had an unsportsmanlike for the same. The awful roughing call vs the Raiders, the no-call on the hit that concussed JJSS, no-call on Derwin James for the WWE style body slam of Kelce. No-calls when the punter was tackled twice in LA the other night. Etc, etc. 

Obviously, as a fan that is rooting against KC, you're going to focus on the calls/no-calls that favor the Chiefs, so I can see how the narrative develops. They've benefited from some late calls (the hold the other night, and multiple penalties in the endzone at the end of regulation vs the Titans) but those calls were justified, especially against the Titans. They were just flat-out tackling receivers and hoping it wouldn't be called.

Bottom line is that if there were a grand conspiracy to help the Chiefs, they've had a funny way of showing it. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.