SNF: Chiefs @ Chargers

EmotionallyUnstable

Just now, chongli said:

I have no idea what this rectangle symbol is supposed to be. This seems to happen when I view this site on my desktop.

This is how it appears to me:

tsw.jpg

It's a little dude's mind being blown.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

If you they don't throw the flag, what would it have been 4th down?  There is a reasonable chance KC converts it anyhow.  I wouldn't say it was the be all end all call of calls.  

True, there was still a chance for KC. But why do the refs interject themselves into the game at that point? It's hard enough to stop an Andy Reid offense as is without being completely deflated by a BS call. The Chiefs shouldn't require help from officiating that gives them a new set of downs

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

If you are referring to the holding call...It was holding.  I've seen games where some refs let that stuff happen all game, and sometimes they don't.  

FWIW, the ref that SNF has to refer to on plays like that....he agreed it was the right call.

"We have investigated ourselves and found no wrong-doing"

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

True, there was still a chance for KC. But why do the refs interject themselves into the game at that point? It's hard enough to stop an Andy Reid offense as is without being completely deflated by a BS call. The Chiefs shouldn't require help from officiating that gives them a new set of downs

to be clear we aren't talking about a ghost flag or something...there WAS holding on the play

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

to be clear we aren't talking about a ghost flag or something...there WAS holding on the play

If that's holding then there should be a defensive holding flag called on every play in an NFL game. Yet curiously there isn't, except for late game situations involving certain teams. I wonder why that is?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

Kelce initiated contact and tried to steamroll the guy who had established position before pushing off of him. Again.

There was zero reason for any stripes to reach for a flag there when two guys are battling for position late in a close game.

I'm not convinced they would have stopped them on the ensuing 4th / 4 but it was an ignorant call regardless.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

I've just come to terms with Buffalo now filling the role for KC that Miami did for the Bills back in the early 90s.  

Maybe McDermott just needs to grow a mustache. I hear the refs love that "Andy Reid tickle" 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm not trying to be combative about this particular call...as I've said...I've seen that same thing not get flagged...seems like it varies from Ref to Ref.  If you guys want to hold up this parituclar call as being a game changer...probably there are better examples than this.  

1.  There was holding on the call.  The argument you are making is that the same thing wasn't consistantly called or that Kelce was pushing off etc.

2.  If no flag comes out, we don't know what happens on the next play,  It might be moot.  The flag impacted the game, but we can't say at all, if it changed the ultimate outcome.  it wasn't that kind of call.

3.  The call in and of itself wasn't incorrect.

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm not trying to be combative about this particular call...as I've said...I've seen that same thing not get flagged...seems like it varies from Ref to Ref.  If you guys want to hold up this parituclar call as being a game changer...probably there are better examples than this.  

1.  There was holding on the call.  The argument you are making is that the same thing wasn't consistantly called or that Kelce was pushing off etc.

2.  If no flag comes out, we don't know what happens on the next play,  It might be moot.  The flag impacted the game, but we can't say at all, if it changed the ultimate outcome.  it wasn't that kind of call.

Are we talking about the missed OPI call?

Or the Defensive holding calls called and then not called?

Edited by Warcodered

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Funny we didn't see you around here after week 6. You only show up after a win against a weak division opponent. You are like that turd that just won't flush. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Isn’t that what shows up when one uses the emojis on your device’s keypad rather than inserting them by the pull-down menu for emojis on the posting format on-site here?

I've used my device's keypad on Android OS (Samsung Galaxy), and it show up ok there, but I've never gone back and checked my post on my desktop. I will do it next time to see.

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

It was a ticky tack call. If the refs called that every time, every game would have 80 penalties called.  Correct, according to the rule book, it’s a penalty.  Still a bad flag.  

You’re trying not to be combative because you know you got lucky that they threw it.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It was a ticky tack call. If the refs called that every time, every game would have 80 penalties called.  Correct, according to the rule book, it’s a penalty.  Still a bad flag.  

You’re trying not to be combative because you know you got lucky that they threw it.  

I don't know how else to explain this.  

How do you get lucky the ref threw a flag on an actual penalty?  Also...if no flag it just goes to 4th and 4 I think...decent shot Mahomes converts...it might be moot.  The call wasnt a game changer.....

Edited by Zerovoltz
spelling

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.