SNF: Chiefs @ Chargers

EmotionallyUnstable

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I seriously question why a Chiefs fan's top priority is to post on a Bills board after a huge win.

Cuz there's better discussion here than on any team forum on the internet

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well .. we can be pissed about it. but they earn that right over the course of the season,. our team earlier this month dropped two games they seemingly had under control in the 3rd quarter... the Chiefs win games with come from behind victories in the last minute.. we can be angry but it is what it is..

I watched the whole game and honestly thought we had a solid shot at KC losing one.

NOPE...they are winners not losers.  

Only reasonable shot left for KC dropping even 1 more game is Bengals, and I don't see that working.

KC will likely win out and we ain't gonna catch 'em.

Just now, buffblue said:

Zero, what did you think of the call on Derwin James against Kelce? Am I a homer or blind for not seeing the penalty? Seemed like an absolute gift

If you are referring to the holding call...It was holding.  I've seen games where some refs let that stuff happen all game, and sometimes they don't.  

FWIW, the ref that SNF has to refer to on plays like that....he agreed it was the right call.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I watched the whole game and honestly thought we had a solid shot at KC losing one.

Only reasonable shot left for KC dropping even 1 more game is Bengals, and I don't see that working.

I dont think the Bills are winning out so a moot point in my view...

Still doesnt mean the Bills cant beat them at Arrowhead.. again

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Well .. we can be pissed about it. but they earn that right over the course of the season,. our team earlier this month dropped two games they seemingly had under control in the 3rd quarter... the Chiefs win games with come from behind victories in the last minute.. we can be angry but it is what it is..

The coaches losing us the Vikings game may very well keep us out of the #1 seed when all is said and done. Numerous mistakes from McDermott and Dorsey caused an easy victory to slip away from us. I'm glad they corrected those issues today, but if they ever want us to be the #1 seed they can't have those lapses in the first place. I actually can't remember the last time the Chiefs lost because of coaching malfeasance. They are super well prepared and motivated every single week every single season.

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

If you are referring to the holding call...It was holding.  I've seen games where some refs let that stuff happen all game, and sometimes they don't.  

FWIW, the ref that SNF has to refer to on plays like that....he agreed it was the right call.

Cmon man. That stuff happens all game long by both teams in the NFL. Why choose to enforce it at that juncture? The letter of the law reasoning is pretty damn flimsy if you ask me

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I seriously question why a Chiefs fan's top priority is to post on a Bills board after a huge win.

Since you ask, my top priority is actually posting on a Broncos board after a huge win...this is the second thing on my list of post game fun.  Also...I've been visiting here a long time and have been involved of plenty of non KC related discussions here.

Interesting enough they asked Kelce in the post game about winning so many games in a row in November December Kelce responds with coaching getting them ready to play their best ball.

Yet for us we always seem to have that lull mid season which probably again will cost us the one seed.

We still hold a lot of tiebreakers so we need the division first and maybe we can get a second home game out of it. 

But yeah our dreams may rest on Mcd Allen and Staff to win in Arrowhead again. 

Just now, buffblue said:

Cmon man. That stuff happens all game long by both teams in the NFL. Why choose to enforce it at that juncture? The letter of the law reasoning is pretty damn flimsy if you ask me

If you they don't throw the flag, what would it have been 4th down?  There is a reasonable chance KC converts it anyhow.  I wouldn't say it was the be all end all call of calls.  

Just now, Simon said:

Kind of beating a dead bronco, isn't it ? - )

John Elway runed my childhood.  It's thereputic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Zero, what did you think of the call on Derwin James against Kelce? Am I a homer or blind for not seeing the penalty? Seemed like an absolute gift

Kelce does it every play and its infuriating. He engages a defender and then pushes off to disengage and somehow its defensive holding.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

They were handed that game by the referees. Luckily that only works in a close game. They're not immune to bad games.

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Because we have the best MB in football and the Chiefs board is toxic as hell.  Like I think their forum is run from a prison full of rapists and murderers type bad.  That board is the scum of the earth and has no moderation.  If reddit had a darkweb underground (they might I dunno) it would be the Chiefs board.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

The issue we, and many around the league, have with how Kelce is officiated doesn’t really have a ton to do with whether that’s a hold or not.  

It was borderline.  

It’s that Kelce has mastered the ability to manipulate offensive leverage of how the game is officiated. 

He holds and pushes off incessantly, so defenders are essentially forced to hold him back or get separated on when he lets go of the inside hold and pushes off.  

Also keep in mind when talking to Bills fans .. we dealt with this for a decade with Gronk. 

Nobody here has the patience to listen to why a fringe hold on a crucial, end of game, 3rd down was called. 

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

If you they don't throw the flag, what would it have been 4th down?  There is a reasonable chance KC converts it anyhow.  I wouldn't say it was the be all end all call of calls.  

John Elway runed my childhood.  It's thereputic.

Combine that awful call with the intentional grounding non-call and the game is over. You guys needed two gifts from the refs to convert.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.