SNF: Chiefs @ Chargers

EmotionallyUnstable

The worst part about the Chiefs is we've beat them in two consecutive regular seasons but we flubbed too many other games and lost control of our own destiny. It just feels like the Chiefs identify their problems really quickly and fix them fast, while it takes our coaches half a season before they make necessary changes. The Chiefs are down starting WRs so they find a way to run the ball and run the offense through the TEs, meanwhile it took us several games of offensive inepitude before we gave James Cook any kind of meaningful playing time. The Chiefs NEVER let victories slip away. If you beat them, you really beat them. It's been the difference between us and them the last two years.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Billznut said:

This game was most likely the toughest remaining game for KC. And they win. They may not lose again. The damn playoffs are going to go through Arrowhead.  Again. 

I can actually see KC having a couple more losses. Several division games yet, Bengals and even Rams could give them trouble, though that one is a stretch now. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, pigpen65 said:

if the refs don't call the phantom D holding the Chargers win. Can't stand when the major determining factor of the entire game just goes completely ignored in the post game. Really makes it seem like the league is fixed.

They would have still had to stop them on 4th and 4.

That's a coin flip, not a win.

• Agree 1

Tough one. The NFL seems to want its favorite teams to win games like this. No other way to account for the horrid officiating in the last 90 seconds. As others have noted, the refs didn’t stop the Bills versus NY and Minnesota, and that is because the Bills are nearing NFL-favorite status now. We get some calls, like the Davis catch/non-catch on the sidelines against Minnesota, and can win games like this—except versus the even more favored-by-the NFL Chiefs, particularly in Arrowhead. Sadly, the Bills beat themselves in those 2 games and now we will have to beat refs and the Chiefs in Arrowhead, which is tough to do. Not impossible, but really, really tough. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That Chiefs win hurts like hell. The Chargers let them off the hook in two games. The #1 seed dreams are dead. The Chiefs won't lose again barring injury to Mah*mes. Bills going to KC again because of loss to MIN.

Correct, except for the last part. The Jets loss against Zach friggin Wilson is far more inexcusable 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, gflande1 said:

I can’t stand Mahomes. Why can’t he get a elbow injury? 

I hate how he runs. Looks like he’s carrying a raw egg in his prison wallet. I hope he doesn’t last as long as Brady. I don’t think I could take it. 

Don’t they know it’s our turn?????

I hate his big ugly helmet

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He gave them the lead with less than 2 minutes left in the game!!! This is on the D! For crying out loud DOUBLE Kelce and take him away make him go to someone else! 

I don’t watch the Chargers enough to know what he looks like outside of prime time games, but I do know that if you have an elite QB and a ton of talent, you don’t miss the playoffs every year.  

Maybe a closet Chargers fan in here can explain to me why he’s in danger of missing the playoffs … again. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Personally I am not in denial...just find them obnoxious beyond belief.  Unless you are a KC fan or just a general NFL fan I don't know how anyone could think they are good for the NFL.  Just another 15 year powerhouse sucking the joy out of every other fanbase

Not that we are ones to talk but it’s pretty crazy they have only won one Super Bowl with that team…goes to show ya how hard it is 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Blaming the QB for all losses is like crediting them for all wins. This game he did everything right with a terrible O line in front of him. 

Im not blaming him at all.  Just pointing out the trend.  Until he is part of an important win, he hasnt been. And there have been chances galore

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.