In-game and post-game etiquette

TheCockSportif

Not sure if this should be on TSW or not.  So I'm erring on the side of "probably not".

What is your in-game post-game etiquette when watching the games remotely, i.e., not in person?  This stems from my late grandfather (WWII vet, died at 91, RIP), who basically watched Bills' games like a Sunday or Monday church service.

For me, it's: during the game, if the Bills are doing OK, keep it light.  Snark it up, fuzzball.

For me, it's: after the game, if the Bills lose, then snark == zero, keep whining to a minimum, and move on.

What does your etiquette look like?  I'm curious about how others do.

Win or lose, my contribution was sitting on the couch drinking a beer (or a Bloody Mary.) I'm still pretty intense during the game - I'll swear at the refs for missing an obvious call, I'll swear at the players for pulling a bonehead move, and I'll jump with joy when someone makes a great play, but I don't yell in anger. I'm obviously in a better mood after a win than a loss, but my wife, son, and dogs aren't afraid of me either way.

About 15 years ago my girlfriend(now wife) tried to play around with me during a Bills game and turned the TV off and wouldn't give me the remote back.

Let's just say she learned pretty quickly that's not a good idea and she has never tried that again. 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

21 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

Not sure if this should be on TSW or not.  So I'm erring on the side of "probably not".

What is your in-game post-game etiquette when watching the games remotely, i.e., not in person?  This stems from my late grandfather (WWII vet, died at 91, RIP), who basically watched Bills' games like a Sunday or Monday church service.

For me, it's: during the game, if the Bills are doing OK, keep it light.  Snark it up, fuzzball.

For me, it's: after the game, if the Bills lose, then snark == zero, keep whining to a minimum, and move on.

What does your etiquette look like?  I'm curious about how others do.

after a game at home watching sunday ticket ... my post game etiquette relies on When I started drinking. I like to watch games sober usually. Yesterday in DTW that game was a very random (like a blizzard kind of) I was on the sauce watching it. MEH. I took a long winters nap after the game. 

I dont like to get tooo high or tooo low about football games at this point. Im just confident in this team and their ability to overcome adversity.  It is the Roster which gives me confidence.

Just Win Baby it cures all bills mafia fanbase ills. Hangovers suck too.

right? right. m

Sunday games, I normally watch alone at home.  My son works nights, so he's upstairs in bed.  So I keep the TV at a normal volume and I'm pretty quiet during the game.

When good stuff happens, I'll raise my arms or pump my fist.  When bad stuff happens, I usually just tighten my lips and shake my head in silence.  I will text friends who are watching the game and to be honest, that's where I do my venting (I'm sure they love it).

If it's a late game or a prime time game, my girlfriend will usually be here to watch with me.  The most animated she's ever seen me was when 13 seconds went down.  I silently dropped to my knees and laid face down on the living room floor for about 20 seconds.  When the game was over, I didn't say a word.  I just turned the TV off and went about the evening.

I always feel good about a Bills win ... even if they play like crap.

The losses no longer affect me in any way, shape or form.  Very much an "oh, well, we'll win next week," type of attitude and I go on with my day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.