Bills MVP: Jordan Poyer

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Poyer and Milano are studs. 

I really miss Hyde and honestly don't miss Tre much at all. It's the safeties that have made this defense great. Bills might have no choice but to find a way to pay Poyer. It's risky because he is on the wrong side of 30 and already getting banged up this season. But I want to see Hyde and Poyer covering the back end again next season.

Good points. I'm guessing he might make a home debut. But he could come back for the @ New England game. 

I don’t think the Bills have a choice. He’s proven too valuable at this point. Especially with us not knowing how Hyde will return from neck injury. 

I would also like to not grab more defensive players in the top of the draft. We have a lot of holes on the OL. 

4 hours ago, Trock said:

Definitely critical. Played a great game today. Tre should be back Thursday and our secondary will continue to improve. 

Tre will not be back Thursday. No medical issues change in 4 days so if he didn’t play today why would he Thursday.? Brown and Wood were critical ON AIR today so fo pr them to say something is huge. It was stated an insider reporting he is not wanting to play on turf ; if this has any truth other than just not wanting his first return to be on turf, it could be career changing regarding the Bills. Some smoke means there is fire somewhere. Even if he returns , he won’t be t6e same immediately. We have no #1 cb and it’s showing with brisett getting ove 300 yards , good QBs will kill this defensive backfield. Poyer still playing hurt, can’t cover everyone. Bills coaches are obviously growing increasingly frustrated with Tre or that stuff doesn’t get to Brown  and Wood! 😊

Just now, DrPJax said:

Tre will not be back Thursday. No medical issues change in 4 days so if he didn’t play today why would he Thursday.? Brown and Wood were critical ON AIR today so fo pr them to say something is huge. It was stated an insider reporting he is not wanting to play on turf ; if this has any truth other than just not wanting his first return to be on turf, it could be career changing regarding the Bills. Some smoke means there is fire somewhere. Even if he returns , he won’t be t6e same immediately. We have no #1 cb and it’s showing with brisett getting ove 300 yards , good QBs will kill this defensive backfield. Poyer still playing hurt, can’t cover everyone. Bills coaches are obviously growing increasingly frustrated with Tre or that stuff doesn’t get to Brown  and Wood! 😊

It’s more of a game ready issue than a medical issue. It’s this week or next. He should be playing Thursday. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DrPJax said:

When Chris Brown, the cranky yes man, starts to criticize and question you know it's an issue.

When I heard that I was shocked. All Sal could say is something like "great talk guys!" 

LOL 

8 hours ago, Trock said:

It’s more of a game ready issue than a medical issue. It’s this week or next. He should be playing Thursday. 

He should be playing Thursday, not sure he will.  Starting to think Tre is Ben Simmonsing or Kawhi Lenoarding the Bills right now.    Not a good situation because the Bills really need Tre to restructure in the offseason to open up cap space, doesnt seem the type to do so given the current situation.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I know the episode. I was pointing out Randy leaning up against the lamp post nutz in the wheelbarrow, puffing in front of the cop while singing “Buffalo soldier”.

Ohhh!  I've never seen the episode just the photo.   That makes it even more hilarious.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

He should be playing Thursday, not sure he will.  Starting to think Tre is Ben Simmonsing or Kawhi Lenoarding the Bills right now.    Not a good situation because the Bills really need Tre to restructure in the offseason to open up cap space, doesnt seem the type to do so given the current situation.

Something is wrong with Tre.  I saw a clip this week in which he was practicing on the field house turf in sneakers.  Makes me wonder whether there's something to his reluctance to play on field turf.  It's getting to the point with this guy where he has to either play or retire or (as absurd as this sounds) they may have to suspend him.  It's hard to justify their patience with him when guys like Poyer are laying it all out on the line with no financial protection beyond this season.  

(As a side note, I know it's bad business, but they gotta find a way to take care of Poyer.  Paying a safety on the wrong side of 30 typically is a bad plan.  But this guy is playing at a high level, and he has earned it.)

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Ohhh!  I've never seen the episode just the photo.   That makes it even more hilarious.

Restructuring means taking base salary and converting it to signing bonus to spread it out over the remaining (3) years of the contract.  No player refuses it.  A pay cut OTOH...

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Something is wrong with Tre.  I saw a clip this week in which he was practicing on the field house turf in sneakers.  Makes me wonder whether there's something to his reluctance to play on field turf.  It's getting to the point with this guy where he has to either play or retire or (as absurd as this sounds) they may have to suspend him.  It's hard to justify their patience with him when guys like Poyer are laying it all out on the line with no financial protection beyond this season.  

(As a side note, I know it's bad business, but they gotta find a way to take care of Poyer.  Paying a safety on the wrong side of 30 typically is a bad plan.  But this guy is playing at a high level, and he has earned it.)

Don't disagree at all.   I am glad he found other things that made him happy outside of football during his rehab, but its time to play or retire like you said.

Also 100% agree on Poyer heart of a frickin lion.  Over 30 or not guys with that mentality are hard to replace.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Yeah, Poyer really flashed on a lot plays last night, but don't forget about Milano.  He's the man!

Agreed.  Poyer, Hyde, and Milano are the keys to our defense.  Losing Edmunds hurts our defense and I don’t care how many armchair QB’s want to keep shredding him.  Lose him for a couple games and see what happens.

I love Von and he is a big addition, and the intangibles yesterday were great.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Poyer and Milano seem to be above the rest - well, at least it seems that way for now until we experience our next critical injury to a defensive stalwart.

Milano was the real standout.  The DBs' took a beating yesterday, allowing Brissett his only 300+ yard/3 TD game.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.