Game overall analysis

Italian Bills

22 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Allen looked lost for the 1st quarter and a half. Giving him the benefit of tough circumstances, he had a short practice week, a relocated game after a historic storm and coming off his worst 2 games turnover wise in 2seasons. He was fine after that and played controlled, smart football. The Bills ran the ball in thr 2nd half and scored on most of their drives. The biggest takeaway was this team is giving DCs plenty to worry about after that running display. Josh didn’t expose himself to hard hits and we got a good win.

I liked the Bills run game today. The Browns run D is among the worst in the league. Hard to know how could the Bills run game will be going forward. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They’re in position but never turn around.  Dane especially.  He turned once in the 4th qtr and forced an incompletion.  

to their credit, the browns made some nice catches (and drops) and Brissett some nice throws. 

His issue is at the collision point. He’s not a man corner - neither is Benford - their hips aren’t as fluid as the receivers they’ve been lining up across from and their getting beat at the collision point and then having the play their trail technique which is why they are trying to play through receivers hands and not turning around.

Jefferson and Cooper were both doing a really outstanding job of flashing hands as late as they possibly could so that our punch throughs were late. Really good WR play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah we are having a rough season.  Yet are still 7-3. I long for the day this team is back to full health.  Obviously without Hyde still.

I think its becoming quite obvious that we will never be in full health this season (not counting Hyde). It is just not meant to be unfortunately. If we will be able to overcome it remains to be seen. I am still very optimistic.

• Like (+1) 1

This game was the 1st were JA didn't have to put the team on his back. 

Running game was great today, Motor & Cook were assume. Hope it continues the rest of the season.

I'm still not sure what Dorsey is doing on offense.  Is scheming players open, is he attacking defenses weaknesses or is he just running his offensive attack no matter the defense. 

On defensive we have 5 yards to mug and jam receivers, can we use it. I'm tired of the bailing and giving 7 yard cushions of free running.

DB's need to turn their head.

Great team win today. 

Let's go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I liked the Bills run game today. The Browns run D is among the worst in the league. Hard to know how could the Bills run game will be going forward. 

At least they’re making it part of the game plan . It doesn’t look like Cook needs much of a lane. Motor looked really good also. Now the passing game will benefit and I’d love to see a few screens to Hines and Cook.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

For the love of God, can they play Tre White and Xavier Rhodes back there? What else do they have to see from these corners to know that they aren't starters? Lions have a decent passing game, it's not going to be an easy win

On the plus side lions defense is 🗑 

2 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

Who else felt that the Browns player could've almost taken that last onside kick to the house over Davis for a TD and be a 2-pt. conversion away from tying the game and forcing OT .....

You can't advance a recovered onside kick.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

At least they’re making it part of the game plan . It doesn’t look like Cook needs much of a lane. Motor looked really good also. Now the passing game will benefit and I’d love to see a few screens to Hines and Cook.

Today's gameplan was about taking everything that the Browns gave you. If checkdowns are open, take them. If Cleveland sucks at run D, then attack it.  Don't force 4th down and take the fgs. Bass had 3 tds worth of fgs.  And Josh didn't have to be Hercules. He had 0 turnovers.  I'd do the same thing Thursday. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Today's gameplan was about taking everything that the Browns gave you. If checkdowns are open, take them. If Cleveland sucks at run D, then attack it.  Don't force 4th down and take the fgs. Bass had 3 tds worth of fgs.  And Josh didn't have to be Hercules. He had 0 turnovers.  I'd do the same thing Thursday. 

Perfect assessment. Now let’s keep doing it.

12 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

Who else felt that the Browns player could've almost taken that last onside kick to the house over Davis for a TD and be a 2-pt. conversion away from tying the game and forcing OT .....

Not me.. tough bounce the Browns player had no room on the sideline.. and the other Bills player with a 2 jersey wisely punched it out of bounds.. having said that feel free to run a play action pass to put the game away.. yikes 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Not me.. tough bounce the Browns player had no room on the sideline.. and the other Bills player with a 2 jersey wisely punched it out of bounds.. 

I think that was Taiwan Jones.

And that ball couldn't have been advanced anyways. Even if he recovers it, by rule it's down at that spot.

• Agree 1

Bills are literally getting no production out of the 3rd WR position.  McKenzie honestly offers very little to the offense.  Teams are doubling Diggs, and Davis has been inconsistent.  We seriously miss Beasley’s production out of the slot, and we are getting nothing out of the #4 WR position that Davis used to provide last year.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.