Game overall analysis

Italian Bills

Even if i’m very happy for the win, i have to be straight on what i see: 

- overall grade game B-

- run game A (i love Cook)

- run game defense grade A+++

- Allen B (he seems lost.. don’t know what is it, but he’s not the Josh we know and need yet)

- Brisset had a very good game, but what about our defense ? 
- defense grade B

- secondary grade C- 

- penalties: too much !

In a brief recap if we play like this when we’ll face phins, jets and bengals we could be in trouble. 

For whatever reason we lost our mojo, we need to regain it very soon. 

Obviously we need to get some player back, Edmunds, Groot, Tre… right now we are too banged up to be a great defense again. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, entropyrules said:

it was an awkwardly played game by the Bills. I wnder how much the lack of any practice had on the Bills game strategy/tactics - they just seemed off

Of course this bad week (not practicing enough and illness) didn’t help, but there’s something wrong with our passing game.. with Josh. 

He doesn’t seem himself. 

• Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

- overall grade game B-

- Allen B (he seems lost.. don’t know what is it, but he’s not the Josh we know and need yet)

- defense grade B

- secondary grade C- 

In a brief recap if we play like this when we’ll face phins, jets and bengals we could be in trouble. 

Obviously we need to get some player back, Edmunds, Groot, Tre… right now we are too banged up to be a great defense again. 

Allen looked lost for the 1st quarter and a half. Giving him the benefit of tough circumstances, he had a short practice week, a relocated game after a historic storm and coming off his worst 2 games turnover wise in 2seasons. He was fine after that and played controlled, smart football. The Bills ran the ball in thr 2nd half and scored on most of their drives. The biggest takeaway was this team is giving DCs plenty to worry about after that running display. Josh didn’t expose himself to hard hits and we got a good win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I would add ST  A+
8 scores but only 2 TD’s isn’t good!

They continue to get very little from their slot WR and seems like they don’t even try to get Cook, Hines or McKenzie the ball in open space.

Still numerous question marks for me and they better be ready to go against Detroit. 7-3 and still haven’t play four solid qtrs in a game yet.  

Lessons learned from last week.  Boring wins are ok.  Field goals are ok.  Run and stop the run and ball security are time tested recipes for success.  It was obvious Allen was told to stop the hero mode nonsense and value each possession. They could’ve pushed the ball more on some of those 2nd half drives, but the % for a game changing turnover would have also risen. So they played conservative.  The game won’t always call for that strategy but i was fine with it today.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nothing matters with everything they had to deal with this week other than getting the Dub.

That's some mental toughness to overcome all of that and then a sluggish start to take over the game.

Allen took the smart plays, they scored on 7 straight possessions, maybe Allen was a little gunshy trying NOT to turn it over...he will likely find the happy medium...

Just put this behind them and keep it moving.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Lessons learned from last week.  Boring wins are ok.  Field goals are ok.  Run and stop the run and ball security are time tested recipes for success.  It was obvious Allen was told to stop the hero mode nonsense and value each possession. They could’ve pushed the ball more on some of those 2nd half drives, but the % for a game changing turnover would have also risen. So they played conservative.  The game won’t always call for that strategy but i was fine with it today.

Agree,  sometimes you need this kind of ugly and dirty wins. 

Like i said weeks ago, if we find a way to rely some more on the run game, when we go after the 100 yards here, we could win almost every game. Obviously with a 100% JA and our D at full strength.

• Like (+1) 1

I think you guys are too harsh on secondary.

Last two games they were in good positions more often than not but opposing WRs are making insane catches (after insane throws of both Cousins and Brissett under presure). 

I am not saying they were playing great but it is not that bad as people are making it. JMO of course.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Of course this bad week (not practicing enough and illness) didn’t help, but there’s something wrong with our passing game.. with Josh. 

He doesn’t seem himself. 

He hasnt thrown in practice since the injury.  There is a reason teams practice.  Its to stay on.  Josh is playing through an injury to his throwing elbow.  Hopefully he does better going forward.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

- overall grade game B-

- run game defense grade A+++

- defense grade B

- secondary grade C- 

secondary D or F

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

He hasnt thrown in practice since the injury.  There is a reason teams practice.  Its to stay on.  Josh is playing through an injury to his throwing elbow.  Hopefully he does better going forward.

And now he’ll have just 3 days before the next one. 

Injuries, weather, flu/cold, schedule….. something else against us maybe ? 🤦🏽‍♂️

Just now, Italian Bills said:

And now he’ll have just 3 days before the next one. 

Injuries, weather, flu/cold, schedule….. something else against us maybe ? 🤦🏽‍♂️

Yeah we are having a rough season.  Yet are still 7-3. I long for the day this team is back to full health.  Obviously without Hyde still.

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I think you guys are too harsh on secondary.

Last two games they were in good positions more often than not but opposing WRs are making insane catches (after insane throws of both Cousins and Brissett under presure). 

I am not saying they were playing great but it is not that bad as people are making it. JMO of course.

They’re in position but never turn around.  Dane especially.  He turned once in the 4th qtr and forced an incompletion.  

to their credit, the browns made some nice catches (and drops) and Brissett some nice throws. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.