I think it's clear that Zach Wilson is a bust

Inigo Montoya

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

They did look just as bad. But I’m a bit confused about the part where that’s “sad”

Except they didn’t look just as bad. The Pats Lost Isaiah “false Start” Wynn and Andrews early on in the game.. so the O line was GOD awful!  Sacks and dumb penalties were the reason the O couldn’t score.  Mac went 23/27 for 246 yards. Not great but not awful, like I said  before maybe 1 or 2 of the sacks were in him but most were just bad blocking.  The Pats O IMO showed improvement, but with a bad O line be hard do much with a QB that can’t run. 

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

They did look just as bad. But I’m a bit confused about the part where that’s “sad”

Except they didn’t look just as bad. The Pats Lost Isaiah “false Start” Wynn and Andrews early on in the game.. so the O line was GOD awful!  Sacks and dumb penalties were the reason the O couldn’t score.  Mac went 23/27 for 246 yards. Not great but not awful, like I said  before maybe 1 or 2 of the sacks were in him but most were just bad blocking.  The Pats O IMO showed improvement, but with a bad O line be hard do much with a QB that can’t run. 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No need to repeat yourself😝😉

Again I don't care about Wilson or Mac outside how they do vs. Buffalo.  

And like above, an awful lot of QB's have looked good vs. Buffalo of late.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No need to repeat yourself😝😉

Again I don't care about Wilson or Mac outside how they do vs. Buffalo.  

And like above, an awful lot of QB's have looked good vs. Buffalo of late.

Lmao no idea why it did that!  I wouldn’t worry about the Pats until our D can make your. Punt at least ONE time lol.. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Jets had 2 yards of total offense in the second half against the Pats.   It wasn't a bad weather game.

Two yards....

Today Zach was 9/22 (40.9%) for 77 yards, 0 TD,  0 INT,  3 sacks for 44 yards

Through Zach's first 7 games this season;

57.5 comp percentage

1,202 yards passing --  171 yards a game

4 TDs

5 INTs

They've had some tough injuries on offense but Zach can't even game manage.  He just can't be under center again next year.  They're going to have to go back to the well for another QB.  This year's Jets are like a lot of Drought Era Bills' teams, a great defense squandered by a parade of inept quarterback play.

Josh had some tough games in year two but he was constantly flashing, showing the potential that was there.  I don't think anyone who watches Zach thinks he's on the cusp of putting it all together and breaking out.  It was clear at the end of the 4th quarter today with it tied at 3 and the Jets with the ball, that Saleh was trying to hide Zach, trying to not have him lose the game.  Saleh had no confidence in Zach's ability to make a play and even get the ball into field goal range.  The Jets ended up punting it away and the Pats returned the punt 84 yards for the only TD of the game with 5 seconds left.

The Jets have already spent their horde of draft picks.  In next year's draft they only have their own pick for the first 4 rounds.  This miss on Zach is really going to set them back.  They're going to win just enough games to get them selecting in the middle third of the draft.  They're going to have to trade away future picks to move up for a blue chip prospect in the draft or look for a retread vet QB to pick up.

I can't imagine Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh putting their livelihood in Zach's hands again next year.  They're going to ask for a mulligan and try to grab another QB.

The Jest are a QB away from being a formidable team. I don’t see Zach Wilson developing into one so a lot will depend on how long they stick with him. 

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Jest are a QB away from being a formidable team. I don’t see Zach Wilson developing into one so a lot will depend on how long they stick with him. 

I agree. 

The worst thing they could do for the franchise is to bench him now --- unless --- they have already decided to move on from him at the end of the season.  They can't go into the off-season with a shred of doubt about his status.  He is either getting better and worth investing another year in, or he clearly can't cut it and they need to go back to the QB well.  If they aren't 100% certain right now that he is a lost cause he needs to be playing so they can figure that out.

They don't have a championship level roster now with the QBs they have.  Mike White and Flacco are not winning a Super Bowl this year despite the talent around them.  They might win a game or two more this season if they play White or Flacco, but to what end?  All that will do is kick them even farther back in the draft next year.

They need to decide if Zack is worth another year to develop or not.  Everything else should be a moot point for Joe Douglas and Saleh.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I agree. 

The worst thing they could do for the franchise is to bench him now --- unless --- they have already decided to move on from him at the end of the season.  They can't go into the off-season with a shred of doubt about his status.  He is either getting better and worth investing another year in, or he clearly can't cut it and they need to go back to the QB well.  If they aren't 100% certain right now that he is a lost cause he needs to be playing so they can figure that out.

They don't have a championship level roster now with the QBs they have.  Mike White and Flacco are not winning a Super Bowl this year despite the talent around them.  They might win a game or two more this season if they play White or Flacco, but to what end?  All that will do is kick them even farther back in the draft next year.

They need to decide if Zack is worth another year to develop or not.  Everything else should be a moot point for Joe Douglas and Saleh.  

Considering that Darnold got 3 years, I think they'll give Zach Wilson one more season after this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a veteran who has starting experience to replace Flacco.  

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Meaning how pathetic they are as a team without Brady.

I think you know how much I loathe the Cheats.  Probably as much as you.  My only wish is BB hangs on as he’s the smartest guy in the room and hangs on for another four miserable years finishing 7-10 to 8-9.

I think you’re right. Contrary to popular belief, I think these last 2 seasons are showing that Belichick is a fantastic coach. He’s squeezing out wild card berth type performances with a Case Keenum (at best!) at QB with little talent on offense around him. 
O, Football Gods, please keep the Pats in QB purgatory for two decades …

23 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Considering that Darnold got 3 years, I think they'll give Zach Wilson one more season after this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a veteran who has starting experience to replace Flacco.  

Mike White is in the house! He has Taylor Heineke or Gardner Minshew written all over him. Let’s hope the Jets don’t go there. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think you’re right. Contrary to popular belief, I think these last 2 seasons are showing that Belichick is a fantastic coach. He’s squeezing out wild card berth type performances with a Case Keenum (at best!) at QB with little talent on offense around him. 
O, Football Gods, please keep the Pats in QB purgatory for two decades …

Mike White is in the house! He has Taylor Heineke or Gardner Minshew written all over him. Let’s hope the Jets don’t go there. 

The Bills played Mike White last year. It was a massacre. 

26 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Given his dead cap is $20 mil in 2023, you're probably right although you'd think they would've learned with Darnold and Wilson apparently has lost the locker room. If the Jets miss the playoffs and he stinks it up the rest of the year, they may just release him. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao no idea why it did that!  I wouldn’t worry about the Pats until our D can make your. Punt at least ONE time lol.. 

For me, if the post doesn't send right away I have a habit of clicking the button again, which makes it post twice like that. Not sure if that's the only cause, but it's pretty common

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.