I think it's clear that Zach Wilson is a bust

Inigo Montoya

42 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Jets had 2 yards of total offense in the second half against the Pats.   It wasn't a bad weather game.

Two yards....

Today Zach was 9/22 (40.9%) for 77 yards, 0 TD,  0 INT,  3 sacks for 44 yards

Through Zach's first 7 games this season;

57.5 comp percentage

1,202 yards passing --  171 yards a game

4 TDs

5 INTs

They've had some tough injuries on offense but Zach can't even game manage.  He just can't be under center again next year.  They're going to have to go back to the well for another QB.  This year's Jets are like a lot of Drought Era Bills' teams, a great defense squandered by a parade of inept quarterback play.

Josh had some tough games in year two but he was constantly flashing, showing the potential that was there.  I don't think anyone who watches Zach thinks he's on the cusp of putting it all together and breaking out.  It was clear at the end of the 4th quarter today with it tied at 3 and the Jets with the ball, that Saleh was trying to hide Zach, trying to not have him lose the game.  Saleh had no confidence in Zach's ability to make a play and even get the ball into field goal range.  The Jets ended up punting it away and the Pats returned the punt 84 yards for the only TD of the game with 5 seconds left.

The Jets have already spent their horde of draft picks.  In next year's draft they only have their own pick for the first 4 rounds.  This miss on Zach is really going to set them back.  They're going to win just enough games to get them selecting in the middle third of the draft.  They're going to have to trade away future picks to move up for a blue chip prospect in the draft or look for a retread vet QB to pick up.

I can't imagine Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh putting their livelihood in Zach's hands again next year.  They're going to ask for a mulligan and try to grab another QB.

It’s scary to think how good the Jests would be with a competent QB. Patriots too. Both have superb defense. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And yet he looked like a great QB against us. Very rare when the Bills make opposing middling QBs look good rather than look terrible. Pass D has been struggling since the Pittsburgh game.

18-25 150 yards and 1TD with a phenomenal ground game = great ??

that’s more like serviceable 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Yes. And Wilson made quite a few key plays to win the game. You might want to check it out. 

That was the point.  He made plays when needed, completed 72% of his passes and made big plays, including a game winning 86 yard drive.

6 minutes ago, chongli said:

But more then competent vs. the Bills defense.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And yet he looked like a great QB against us. Very rare when the Bills make opposing middling QBs look good rather than look terrible. Pass D has been struggling since the Pittsburgh game.

Isnt that the game that Edmonds went out and Wilson didnt do anything much before hand?  Poyer was also out no?  This defense has been decimated with injuries all season.  Hard to keep track of who when.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Jets had 2 yards of total offense in the second half against the Pats.   It wasn't a bad weather game.

Two yards....

57.5 comp percentage

4 TDs

5 INTs

They've had some tough injuries on offense but Zach can't even game manage.  He just can't be under center again next year.  They're going to have to go back to the well for another QB.  This year's Jets are like a lot of Drought Era Bills' teams, a great defense squandered by a parade of inept quarterback play.

Josh had some tough games in year two but he was constantly flashing, showing the potential that was there.  I don't think anyone who watches Zach thinks he's on the cusp of putting it all together and breaking out.  It was clear at the end of the 4th quarter today with it tied at 3 and the Jets with the ball, that Saleh was trying to hide Zach, trying to not have him lose the game.  Saleh had no confidence in Zach's ability to make a play and even get the ball into field goal range.  The Jets ended up punting it away and the Pats returned the punt 84 yards for the only TD of the game with 5 seconds left.

The Jets have already spent their horde of draft picks.  In next year's draft they only have their own pick for the first 4 rounds.  This miss on Zach is really going to set them back.  They're going to win just enough games to get them selecting in the middle third of the draft.  They're going to have to trade away future picks to move up for a blue chip prospect in the draft or look for a retread vet QB to pick up.

I can't imagine Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh putting their livelihood in Zach's hands again next year.  They're going to ask for a mulligan and try to grab another QB.

you forgot to mention his montana esque numbers against the bills.

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

Played good against us and won though

Milf Hunter is such a potent offensive threat that the Bills sold out and played nickel to make sure that Zach didn't beat them and he didn't. The Jets just ran the ball and threw little ins and outs to Wilson who the Bills decided was no threat being a rookie.

28 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Josh Allen had 27 yards in the 1st half before they went into prevent 2 min defense. We are in no position to be making fun of a QB having a bad half especially when that QB just beat us 

Three things;

1.  Josh and the offense were off and still managed to score 13 first half points.   Equating that to Zach Wilson's play today is a real stretch.

2.  I'm not making fun of Zach or throwing shade, just stating a fact.  Zach will be holding a clip board somewhere next year.  He's a bust.  If you feel differently that's fine with me.  Time will tell.

3.  Two things can be true at the same time.  The Bills can lose to the Jets in Week 9--- and --- Zach Wilson can be a bust.

🍻

Edited by Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

I still can't believe we lost to that team.

I get losing to Miami and the Vikings.  Those teams aren't as good as we are, but they're legit and bit us on a bad day as legit teams sometimes do.  But the Jets?  Really now.

And yet, we outplayed Miami and lost because of injuries, heat stroke and bad luck.  The Minnesota game, I don't think I've seen a team have like, 20 chances to put a game away and failing to make one play to put the game away.  The Jets, on the other hand, played us pretty even up and deserved to win that game.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Two yards....

57.5 comp percentage

4 TDs

5 INTs

So he's just a Bills killer?

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.