Diggs caught complaining to McDermott on broadcast

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not sure you’re correct that Diggs was open, but that wouldn’t be what hero ball is. That would be poor decision making if Diggs was open.

There was one play in the first half where Diggs found a gap in the zone and was wide open 30 yards down the field. Josh looked at him but choose the check down. I think this exchange happened right after that. 

The way he went to McDermott - and this is just me speculating - it looked like his body language was saying, "what did I tell you?" as much as anything. I'm guessing Allen & Diggs are getting sick of Ken Dorsey. He seems like the kind of guy who is arrogant & thinks every idea he comes up with ought to work (see the laptop suplex in Miami). My guess is he blames Allen, but it's highly likely his ability to draw up plays and understand offensive concepts is dwarfed by that of Daboll. Maybe that comes from the fact that Dorsey was a QB in college and the pros, and that in itself could breed ego.

• Disagree 2

Diggs was definitely barking yesterday. 

Helmet was on and off, and he was coming in and out of the game. 

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

There was one play in the first half where Diggs found a gap in the zone and was wide open 30 yards down the field. Josh looked at him but choose the check down. I think this exchange happened right after that. 

Yup, Diggs went in motion on that play and got a running start and it opened up beautifully. 

6 hours ago, Rat-boy said:

It seems nobody wants to recognize the elephant in the room. It is always everyone else’s fault before Josh.

Blame HC, OC, O line, RB, secondary injuries…

Oh right, I forgot to blame Edmunds.

Josh not been elite these last few games and played a part in all three losses. Injury? Psyche? Slump? Dunno. But with all the injuries, sub-elite play from him led to a few close games. Hope he will break out of it.

That said, we are 7-3 and control our destiny to win the division. 1 or 2 seed depends on KC.

We've been talking about Josh's poor play and decision making for the last 3 weeks. There are multiple threads dedicated solely to that topic. How have you missed that?

We can also discuss other aspects of the team that are currently lacking as well.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

All you McD haters need to watch this but you won't.  

He always has the right words to say. My head coach does a great job of keeping everyone level-headed and in the right space to go out there and execute.  Execution brings effort and effort brings execution.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

All you McD haters need to watch this but you won't.  

He always has the right words to say. My head coach does a great job of keeping everyone level-headed and in the right space to go out there and execute.  Execution brings effort and effort brings execution.

That sideline conversation looked like a mature, adult conversation between two passionate individuals

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

That sideline conversation looked like a mature, adult conversation between two passionate individuals

That's what I thought.  Just 2 professionals discussing the job on hand.  IMO, that is a great sign, especially seeing things got rolling a bit after that.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

A player known to be incredibly fiery and passionate showed some frustration early in a game in which the offense was sputtering. The head coach then expertly diffused the situation, apparently offered the perfect words (which you could have surmised by watching the change in Diggs' body language when it happened, before even reading the post-game quotes about the situation), Diggs settled down, caught the go-ahead score, and the offense picked it up the rest of the way enough to score 31 points and secure victory.

We good here? Do we need to go another 7 pages?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Plagiarizing this from a really good postby drgonzo44 in the Bills Reddit.  It's too good not to share with this crowd. 

Where is the amazing part? Rex Ryan was loved by his players too, and if had the benefit of the Bengals putting the Bills in the playoffs with his 9-7 record like McD did, maybe we'd probably be calling him a legend too - especially once he got Josh Allen.

Don't get me wrong, Process McClappy is a nice guy but I'm not sure he's a very good coach, let alone a legend.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.