Week 11, 11/20/2022, POShauns v. Bills @DET, GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

As usual, Josh and Stef get automatic game balls, and I pick 3 O and 3 D and you have at it.

Devin "Motor" Singletary/James "Captain" Cook - The Bills running game showed up big today.  Motor was gaining the tough yards and creaming guys after contact.  Cook was explosive, getting to the edge and making the POShauns pay.

Dawson "Dawesome" Knox - 7 catches today, nothing spectacular, but the reliable target that Josh needed all day.

Matt "Cookie" Milano - All over the field, TFL's, PD's, he did it all today.  He covered a lot for the missing Edmunds.

Bills DL - The rotation worked today, and the vaunted POShaun running game was held in check nearly all day.  Brissett didn't go down, but he was harassed relentlessly in the 2nd half.

Tyler Bass"-o-Matic" - 6 made FG's, one from 57 that would have been good for 70.  Won the game singlehandedly.

WHO YA GOT???

The bar for Josh Allen to get a game ball is pretty low, apparently.  He did not have a good game.  197 yards and 7 YPA against one of the worst pass defenses in the league, in a dome. 

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

Just now, mannc said:

The bar for Josh Allen to get a game ball is pretty low, apparently.  He did not have a good game.  197 yards and 7 YPA against one of the worst pass defenses in the league, in dome. 

I did not have my normal setup today (on vaca in Vegas), so I missed a lot of stuff.  I did revoke Josh's game ball for the Packers game.  Perhaps I should have done so here, but I thought he settled down a lot in the 2nd half and led the team to a win.

• Agree 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

I did not have my normal setup today (on vaca in Vegas), so I missed a lot of stuff.  I did revoke Josh's game ball for the Packers game.  Perhaps I should have done so here, but I thought he settled down a lot in the 2nd half and led the team to a win.

Josh was flat-out bad in the first half...played better in the second half, but it was hardly a good game.  I continue to believe he is injured.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

As usual, Josh and Stef get automatic game balls, and I pick 3 O and 3 D and you have at it.

Devin "Motor" Singletary/James "Captain" Cook - The Bills running game showed up big today.  Motor was gaining the tough yards and creaming guys after contact.  Cook was explosive, getting to the edge and making the POShauns pay.

Dawson "Dawesome" Knox - 7 catches today, nothing spectacular, but the reliable target that Josh needed all day.

Matt "Cookie" Milano - All over the field, TFL's, PD's, he did it all today.  He covered a lot for the missing Edmunds.

Bills DL - The rotation worked today, and the vaunted POShaun running game was held in check nearly all day.  Brissett didn't go down, but he was harassed relentlessly in the 2nd half.

Tyler Bass"-o-Matic" - 6 made FG's, one from 57 that would have been good for 70.  Won the game singlehandedly.

WHO YA GOT???

exactly that: Cook/Motor/Milano/Bass.

• Like (+1) 1

Milano - He was everywhere 

Singletary - At his best 

Cook -Showed what he’s is capable of. 

Bass - O-magic today 

Knox - Some big chain moving catches

Poyer - Nice to have him back.

Oliver- Was dominant at times 

Hines - Quality returns all day 

Bills Mafia - Showing up to get players out and showing up in Detroit. Well done!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Milano

Knox

Cook -- so happy for this kid

Bass

Motor

Gotta give Frazier credit for figuring out a way to shut down Chubb.  This game was tense because of terrible offensive play in the first half, a bunch of low-percentage catches by CLE receivers, and one-sided officiating.  It should have been more of a blowout with Chubb essentially taken out of the game.

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh is still nowhere close to being right; no game ball for him, at least from me.

He's gotta get fixed if we are going anywhere.

I think Josh is more injured than he lets on.  That defender barely grazed his elbow by NFL standards and Josh acted like he stabbed him with a broken beer bottle.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

low-percentage catches

Low-percentage catches are only low when against defenses other than ours. Against us, they're routine.

Honestly, I've never seen anything like it, like just multiple acrobatic, one-handed-toe-tap-dream-of-a-miracle catches every week lol

• Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh is still nowhere close to being right; no game ball for him, at least from me.

He's gotta get fixed if we are going anywhere.

I want to see a bit of what we saw from him today in the long term though. Accepting what defenses are giving him and not forcing things. He was much better today than the last ten quarters in that regard and it showed maturity. I also loved his mental strength after the abysmal first quarter off the back of the awful interception against the Vikings he could have easily collapsed with everything snowballing.

It wasn't perfect but I don't think we could expect him to turn from Turnover Man to Superman in one game. Adjust and improve incrementally - that's what he did today. On Thursday, stay at this level or improve again. Don't go backwards.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Milano - He was everywhere 

Singletary - At his best 

Cook -Showed what he’s is capable of. 

Bass - O-magic today 

Knox - Some big chain moving catches

Poyer - Nice to have him back.

Oliver- Was dominant at times 

Hines - Quality returns all day 

Bills Mafia - Showing up to get players out and showing up in Detroit. Well done!

About time someone mentioned Hines. It was mostly in the first half but he was "the offense" for a good chunk of the game.

Overall though: Milano. And then Bass. OLine and the running backs had a good one. Josh could be a laid back game manager. When was the last time he could do that? He was a non-factor and the Bills won, which is awesome as he has been the one man show, mostly for good, but the team needs more from every one.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Low-percentage catches are only low when against defenses other than ours. Against us, they're routine.

Honestly, I've never seen anything like it, like just multiple acrobatic, one-handed-toe-tap-dream-of-a-miracle catches every week lol

Goes with the territory.  For many years during the drought, opposing kickers NEVER missed a FG against the Bills, regardless of weather, distance, etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.