NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

pass rush was REALLY underwhelming. can't let the DBs we have out there hang out to dry like that.

don't care what it takes, if it means blitzes, do it.

front 4 aren't getting home. Again.

Browns offensive line is great when they’re not just allowed to hold all game(which they were). We’ve also been missing Rousseau for a few weeks who has been fantastic this year 

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It would be nice if Tre could find the courage to play next week.

We need him back, but probably not against DETROIT!

What’s with the courage comment ? Are you factually aware that isn’t interested in playing ? Embarrassing comment! How about he plays when he’s 💯!

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The dude's a 6th round rookie, who all things being equal has outperformed our first round rookie.

I'm gonna give him some slack, given how ineffective the pass rush has been lately

Except he hasn’t outperformed Elam. Maybe he did during training camp, but not since the games started. He has shown over the last couple of weeks why he was a 6th rounder. Does some good things but shouldn’t be out there for 50+ plays a week

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, LondonBill said:

Special credit to Cook, Bass, Milano. 

And to Josh too, for conquering himself out there after that start. 

The o-line had a good day too. 

Corners needed ASAP

That turtle sack that Allen took late in the 4th was a smart decision and perhaps the worm beginning to turn.

3rd down with the seconds ticking down in the 4th and Allen scrambling right... the past few weeks he forces a pass across his body into well covered zones and scramble drills for the pick, or tries to reverse the field and run it to get clobbered or fumble.

Instead he stayed inbounds keeping the clock running, protected himself, and protected the ball avoiding doing something that put the team in a terrible position.

That seemed pretty insignificant, but it is a start for Allen to remember again that he does not have to do it all and be aware of where the team is at and being OK taking a safe and smart play over some low percentage off schedule reach.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Browns offensive line is great when they’re not just allowed to hold all game(which they were). We’ve also been missing Rousseau for a few weeks who has been fantastic this year 

Right, that's all well and good. But if you're the ginger and Frazier, wouldn't you be thinking of ways to cover that loss and enhance the pass rush?

Browns are the vaunted best OL in nfl! 😂 they never hold .. unreal the NFL’s lack of consistency on holding and PI’s 

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Except he hasn’t outperformed Elam. Maybe he did during training camp, but not since the games started. He has shown over the last couple of weeks why he was a 6th rounder. Does some good things but shouldn’t be out there for 50+ plays a week

Elam's had more than a few crap-the-bed moments as well.

I think the rookies have done well-ish given they were thrown directly into the fire this year. Hopefully, that experience proves valuable

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Right, that's all well and good. But if you're the ginger and Frazier, wouldn't you be thinking of ways to cover that loss and enhance the pass rush?

You wanted them to send more guys who wouldn’t get home and give our banged up secondary and one terrible linebacker even less help in coverage? Lol 

I know the 2 deep looks are frustrating but we’ve been pretty bare bones with injuries all over the field on defense

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

You wanted them to send more guys who wouldn’t get home and give our banged up secondary and one terrible linebacker even less help in coverage? Lol 

How's the extra help in coverage been working out, anyway?

I've never seen a nickel defense give up so many 3rd and longs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Edmunds was again missed. 

You can tell Dodson was terrible in coverage compared to Edmunds 

58 is amazing.  Looking like a 1st team All Pro. What a contract that was 

I don't know how great Edmunds is, but Dodson has no business starting. I think you may see Klein next week if Edmunds can't go. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Elam's had more than a few crap-the-bed moments as well.

I think the rookies have done well-ish given they were thrown directly into the fire this year. Hopefully, that experience proves valuable

Technique to actual turn and make a play in the call would be cool. The disparity in PI calls for Bills is hard to understand 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Edmunds was again missed. 

You can tell Dodson was terrible in coverage compared to Edmunds 

58 is amazing.  Looking like a 1st team All Pro. What a contract that was 

Wait I was told by all the braniacs on this board Edmunds was useless? You mean I shouldn't have listened to them???

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.