NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Honestly what the heck do some of you want? All week we kept hearing about having to run it more. Allen needs to stop playing hero ball. So we run it more and Allen plays safer and we score 30+ basically on the road with 2 days of practice and oh no the sky is falling again. 

Im trying to figure out if the drought years were more insufferable on this board than the current stretch of insufferable takes.  

I guess people won’t be happy unless the Bills score 40+ points, and Allen throws for 400 and 5 tds a game.  

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Unfortunately Josh has a ways to go before he gets that TB12 officiating love. It is pretty staggering to consider how close to 10-0 we could be with all the injuries. Rest and get ready for a scrappy Lions team.

TB12 never ran the ball with power.  In the first game this season Josh was running through a Rams D player with a stiff arm while (reportedly) laughing.  These QBs start to look indestructible, even though they're not.  Cam Newton used to get beat up all the time but no one felt bad for a 6'5" 250 lb powerhouse and he didn't get TB12 calls either.

42 minutes ago, cgang said:

Call me a homer, I don’t care.  The team has been battling injuries all year and I’m proud of them for playing the way they have.  You guys know more of the football X’s and O’s than me.  I’m clueless.  But I love the way they gutted out their play today on such a messed up week.  On to t-giving to beat the lions. 

Let's not forget this week was a ***** storm... literally...did not rep...did not practice much. Tons of crap going on. 6 feet of snow.

Edited by RichRiderBills

6 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

I guess people won’t be happy unless the Bills score 40+ points, and Allen throws for 400 and 5 tds a game.  

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

Yes, but how did the defense play?

Also did they run for 150+ yards? Get at least 6 sacks? Dare I even mention Edmunds???

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Let's not forget this week was a ***** storm... literally...did not rep...did not practice much. Tons of crap going on. 6 feet of snow.

Thank you.   After 2 losses and then the week this team had and missing key starters; they took care of business and won the game. For the people criticizing this win, I genuinely wonder if they’re Bills fans.  Because this was an awesome win after everything this team has been through.   Let’s just hope they can grind out another one on Thursday. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Brissett (the 20th ranked qb in the league) had 324 yds and 3 TDs. We have a huge huge problem at DB. Dallas just proved that vs Minnesota. 

Plus Dallas really gets after the QB.  If we could generate pressure consistently, it would help our ailing secondary but, man, coaches are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t back there.

• Agree 1

I thought todays “Find a way “ had a good ring to it considering the disruptions.

Was great to have Poyer back and making a difference early on.

There was a time in the first half I really thought Mcd had taken over the D with the way he seemed dialed in.. probably not the case.

I believe one series Diggs was held out the first two plays. it’s probably the specific package but I would be curious if it just screams run all the time when he is off the field.  I feel better when our best player is at least on the field other than a breather.. but I get it could just be matchups based on what they are trying to do.

The refs today truly don’t understand pass interference. I went back and watched the Diggs OPI (where he ran into the camera man). I am truly baffled. I have no idea what could be construed to be OPI on that play. 

I was baffled by the Hamlin PI later. And go back and watch some of the push offs against Dane today— some really sketchy no-calls. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

May be the worst game by DBs i've seen in a while - look the fck back for the ball.  53 was absolutely hideous too. Milano and Phillips saved the day 

I think we would have lost to most teams today - Cleveland handed u the game with that fumble

lack of practice had to hurt but team slept walked through the game

What a weird take-ish. Dane Jackson has been lights out for 10 weeks. He’s a legit starter. He’s allowed 1 TD YTD, 50% completion, and a 53 QB passer rating. I wouldn’t lump him in “worst DB’s in the league”

I haven’t liked our back up safety play. Although Hamlin is a lot better than Johnson. But Hamlin is a good back up. 

Taron Johnson has struggled more than usual. 

Benford nor Elam are ready yet. At least not ready to start on the outside without a lot of veteran help from CB1, and two starting safeties. 

Just too many back ups and death by 1000 paper cuts. 

58 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Honestly what the heck do some of you want? All week we kept hearing about having to run it more. Allen needs to stop playing hero ball. So we run it more and Allen plays safer and we score 30+ basically on the road with 2 days of practice and oh no the sky is falling again. 

Im trying to figure out if the drought years were more insufferable on this board than the current stretch of insufferable takes.  

Yep nearly had 200 yards rushing. 

People don't seem to get rushing games are faster and you don't get 400 yards passing too. Plus games are closer. You tend not to blow out teams running. 

He did not play hero ball today...

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Justin C said:

We scored 31 and had an off game. That's a plus in my book. Need the offense to get right against a bad Lions team. Would also like a bit more from the pass rush. Can't leave our DBs with jump balls apparently.

So would I, but Epenesa went down today, and we were left with just 3 Defensive Ends.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.