NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

22 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Watching the patriots not have down weeks for 20  years will do that to a guy.

:lol:

They had down weeks in those 20 years…they hardly ever swept Miami no matter how terrible Miami was. 

only year they didn’t have a down week they went 16-0 and ironically didn’t win the Super Bowl lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They had down weeks in those 20 years…they hardly ever swept Miami no matter how terrible Miami was. 

only year they didn’t have a down week they went 16-0 and ironically didn’t win the Super Bowl lol

Thank God for Eli Manning

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheCockSportif said:

Still sensing arm/elbow troubles as well.  I think that once he loosens up it gets better.  Maybe he's getting shots as well.  Who knows?

Allen hasn't been on the field for pregame warmups in the last two games, he is almost certainly getting shots right before the game. I think I heard him say postgame today that the sidearm throws still feel a little weird. It's like in 2020 his throws started looking off when he wore a shoulder harness for a few games. He's wearing a brace and getting numbing shots to the affected area. No doubt in my mind it's affecting him. While he recovers we need to lean into the run game and Allen just has to avoid turnovers

• Like (+1) 2

A few points I wanted to chime in on.  Big C was spot on with his review IMO.

Even though early on Allen still struggled with accuracy, I loved that he made smart decisions with the football, took what the defense gave him, even threw it away a time or two, and most importantly, ZERO TURNOVERS.  I have to agree with several posters, he just looks uncomfortable out there at times.  Even on the sidelines, his facial expressions, his body language, just isn't the Josh we all know and love.  I'm hoping maybe it's just his elbow, and as it gets better, we see the old Josh.  Regardless, still very proud of the way he played today. 

The PI call on Hamlin, I hated it.  Not saying that it was completely absurd OR that it didn't happen, but Hamlin IMO made an outstanding play!  He got his head completely around, timed it perfectly...yes, he had his hand on the WR's waist, but it was incidental at best...the ref should've let that one slide...

C'mon Gabe.  Guy makes the freak of nature circus catches look routine, but drops the ones that hit him right in the damn hands...Josh put that pass on a dime for him and he simply botched it, again.  It's like rolling the dice with him.  

Again, just my humble opinion, but Cook, by the end of the regular season, WILL be our RB1.  I have little to no doubt he breaks a big one within the next three weeks. 

Congrats Bass on tying Steve Christie today(and yourself) with six FG's.  And not only did you nail six FG's, every doggone one of them was picture perfect.  And someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that 56 yarder, would've been good from 66....

Was it a pretty win?  By no means.  Did we make Jacoby Brissett look like the love child of Tom Brady and Mike Vick? Perhaps.  We've always had this knack for every once in a while making very average QB's play the game of their life against us. And yes, our secondary looked pretty bad today.  But for everything this team had to go through this week, from essentially having no real practice, enduring a historic snowstorm and needing neighbors and fans to help get them to the airport, and having to lose a home game and scramble at the last minute.... I'm filled with nothing but pride for my team, and my city, and this win honestly is one of the most gratifying for me.  

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, vincec said:

Have they every conducted a poll and released the results? I'd like to see it.

They did and it was like 52% in favor of open air. That may be true. But an old fogey like me is starting to really hate going to cold weather games. I've attended some of the coldest Bills games on record and I can't deal with it anymore. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They did and it was like 52% in favor of open air. That may be true. But an old fogey like me is starting to really hate going to cold weather games. I've attended some of the coldest Bills games on record and I can't deal with it anymore. 

I'm not one of those guys, but do you happen to have a link or know where to find it? I tried Googling it but I don't see any reference.

This is how you win games when you aren’t at your best or banged up. They played a clean second half; got points when they could get them; had a few key stops; and didn’t make any bone head plays. 

if I had one complaint, never go for two until you absolutely have to. We just needed to keep chipping away with points. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Plenty of people are happy with the win. But people like to talk football. Pointing out the obvious & discussing it isn't PTSD or indicative of people being negative... so dramatic.

Discussion & speculation is what this board is for. It's not all "Rah! Rah! Bills best everrrr!" and talking about issues doesn't make you a bad fan.

I'll always think back to that thread before the GB game where some tweet was arrogantly asking why Bills fans aren't more confident (because they weren't out gloating/being cocky thinking we'd steamroll everyone)... Well look how the past month has been!

Mocking replies where people sarcastically say "remember the Jags"... as if that could never possibly happen again?? 

C'mon. Nobody said the sky is falling. Nobody is saying all hope is lost. Nobody isn't cheering for the team or burning their Josh Alllen jerseys.

But for some reason, express concern after a month of your QB struggling, the same one everyone was more than happy to proclaim was BETTER than Mahomes & MVP favorite, you're suddenly "negative," or have PTSD, or have posts psychoanalyzing how that may reflect on their family life? 😑

I hope people can just accept not all fans want to just coast by the entire season pretending everything's perfect. Sometimes we like to discuss what we see on the field & speculate on how it impacts our chances going forward. 

/ this ends today's Ted Talk

I think that's one of the issues.  With the team's fast start at the beginning of the season, everyone expected the Bills to coast.  Then the injuries hit...and hit again...and hit again.  To multiple key players no less.  Eventually that had to catch up to the team.  We've endured injuries to the secondary but the depth at linebacker just isn't there.  If either Milano or Edmunds are absent the Bills defense is seriously affected.  Offensively, we are woefully lacking at WR beyond Diggs particularly since Gabe Davis suddenly can't catch.  And then there's the injury to Josh.

Although the Bills weren't perfect today...they won.  Most importantly they did not turn the ball over and they didn't beat themselves.  That is huge considering the last 3 games and is a step in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 1

A qb with a bum elbow that hasn’t practiced in two weeks 

A comfortable win in which the run game finally gets going and our defense is down three or four starters. 
Zero turnovers. 30 points 

What exactly are you guys expecting from this team. 

Edited by wvbillsfan
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.