NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I almost just want McD to take over play-calling. We rarely see the double A gap blitz anymore that made McDs defenses so potent. Perhaps because we have a better d line. But we need pressure and stunts more often. 

I watch Dallas’ d against Minnesota and it made me envious. I’d like to think we have the horses up front to run a defense like that

Some of that may be because Frazier is asking our DTs to stay home a bit more to ensure we defend the run.

If we sported a big lead I think we have the juice up front for a dynamic pass rush with more A-gap pressures with stunts and twists.

We have not had that lead luxury for a while with our offensive struggles and red zone turnovers.

That, and our secondary has been more suspect than lock-down so even if we do have successful drives we have not been smothering teams and forcing as many 3 and outs as we would if we had our full defensive backfield compliment of healthy vets.

Teams have hung around and we have seen runs that go the distance late in games so they have to respect that aspect of teams that have not abandoned running the ball and play gap sound techniques.

On 11/20/2022 at 8:43 PM, bobobonators said:

The Bills have been unable to effectively run screen pass plays for 30 years. 

I'm gonna disagree with this.  When Coach Gailey was here Fred, Fitz, and the rest of the guts ran GREAT screens.

This one was only 12 years ago. Follow the link to watch on YouTube.

I wish Dorsey and McDermott would dig out some of those old Gailey era films and copy a few of those screens.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

So I loved being inside because the temp was comfortable.

However, it never really got loud in there.   I did agree with Sal C on WGR where he said it's easy to get stale in a dome.  I know we probably had about 40,000 Bill fans there so the numbers were lower but never got really loud.  The energy wasn't very high IMO.  

I loved it, don't get me wrong.  

Anyone else who went feel the same way?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

However, it never really got loud in there.   I did agree with Sal C on WGR where he said it's easy to get stale in a dome.  I know we probably had about 40,000 Bill fans there so the numbers were lower but never got really loud.  The energy wasn't very high IMO.  

during the 3rd quarter I felt like Bills fans were louder on offense than on defense.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, WideNine said:

He is going to need another season or two. Right now struggling as a first year starter.

I think it was his number I saw taking a bad angle and getting juked out of his jock early in the game on a Chubb long gainer around the End.

Either way the game has not slowed down enough for him. More film, more time playing different downs and distances.

He is a tweener more in the SS mold than LB size wise. Folks said the same about Milano.

They have almost identical size and Bernard had a faster 40 time by a hair.

I think Baylor used him more as the extra rusher where he was good at weaving through traffic and tracking down the ball.

Not a lot of film out there unless you are a bjg fan of Baylor and maybe someone else can weigh in on how he was used.

Open field coverage, taking the right angles, change of direction, and tackling all need work if he is asked to hang back in a zone and cover or seal the edge alone against NFL caliber players.

Not everyone comes out of college ready for an NFL lineup. Some take more time.

Not sure if Bernard will work out or not, but Milano was often backing up Roman Humbar (I had to look that up). But Milano flashed a bit here and there. hope bernard does the same

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wasn't at the game.  

However I have been to games in domes before. Once at Ford Field for Super Bowl XL and one at the Louisiana Super Dome.  Once in the Texans' Dome.  I mean, it just feels weird.  Seems artificial somehow.  Especially when they turn the lights down to spotlight something else.  Conditions on the field are too perfect.  No wind. No sun the punt returns d's eye, nuthin'.  And yeah, doesn't seem as loud.

Feels more like your at the circus or something as opposed to a football game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.