NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

29 minutes ago, Governor said:

Our DB’s are terrible once the ball is in the air. They lose every jump ball situation.

I’m wondering if teams are figuring out all they have to do is throw at our CBs even if it looks like they have good coverage. Dane Jackson has been in great position but the ball is starting to come his way and he doesn’t know what to do. Benford the same thing.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Those refs were atrocious.  We get hit out of bounds multiple times, earhole tackled, facemask tackled, late hits on QB... nothing.  We brush an arm past a facemask in coverage- called.  Nothing-hold- called.  Even the make-good calls went against us. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. These refs were awful. I still can’t believe the Hamlin PI. And the Gilliam “hold” That wiped out a TD was a horrendous call. 

that said, there was at least one call that I think went our way. There was one RPO we ran where Allen hit Diggs with a really nice slant. I was re-watching that play, and the olinemen were like 5 yards down field when Allen threw it. It was a pretty obvious “illegal man down field” and totally missed. 

We should have gotten those hometown calls like we did last week vs. Minnesota. Being at Detroit worked against us. I think it was Sal who said on the WGR broadcast said fans were shouting "Cooooop!" after the Amari Cooper TD. Ugh.

The Bills got a solid win. The team was dealing with a lot with the change of venue and weather where they live. The team overcame a slow start and pulled away late. The Browns aren’t a very good team but the Bills needed to get right mentally and get back into a tie with the Fins for the division.

• Like (+1) 1

Seems like the Browns offense moved the ball pretty well but didn't score much.  That was due mostly to them stopping the run which the Browns depend on. But it was also the Browns don't really have very good receivers/TE's imo, except for Cooper. Against a better offensive team Bills might have been in trouble and Allen might have been pushed to make mistakes.

Win is a win BUT  Brissett torched them for over 300 yards.  A healthy secondary would help.  After a rough first half Allen bounced back.  A balanced attack helps the offense.  A two headed rushing tandem really worked.  If you saw the Dallas-Minnesota game, the Cowboys top two backs ran for over 150 yards.   The OC/DC for the Bills have to reassess how they game plan.  Frazier needs to go.  His passive defensive approach allows teams back into games.  Today was a prime example.   If the Bills want to win and get a Lomnbardi trophy he has to adjust his philosophy.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Our DB’s are terrible once the ball is in the air. They lose every jump ball situation.

There were several plays where the DB's were in pretty tight coverage. They fail to get their heads around to pick up the ball to make a play. CB's are just not good right now (maybe the rookies will be, in time). Brissett was good with ball placement. Kind of surprised me.

35 minutes ago, par73 said:

There were several plays where the DB's were in pretty tight coverage. They fail to get their heads around to pick up the ball to make a play. CB's are just not good right now (maybe the rookies will be, in time). Brissett was good with ball placement. Kind of surprised me.

He was surprisingly good at avoiding sacks.....must have gotten away from at least 5 or 6 sacks today. Always thought of him as a “statue” QB, but he sure wasn’t that today.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

We’re Bills fans. We learned a very long time ago that it ain’t over til it’s over.

Its just totally strange we all kind of joked about Davis being on the hands team for the first onside kick and low and behold he almost blows it for us on the second one.  You almost cant make this ***** up.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

We’re Bills fans. We learned a very long time ago that it ain’t over til it’s over.

It seems McD and Frazier hate big wins.  They allow teams to get back into games.  Change up personnel and coverages would help.

• Like (+1) 1

Big win in a tough spot. Major distractions with weather, abnormal practice week, missing several KEY players. I am eagerly waiting for the day, White, Poyer, Rousseau, Kaiir, Edmunds and Milano can all be on the field at the same time. I get it, injuries happen and we've been fortunate past few years, but this year sucks for injuries. Law of averages I guess.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.