NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Does anyone know if they are staying in Detroit? It seems like a lot of fly back when they would just be flying back on Wednesday 

They were flying back after the game.

Three nights in your own bed and own facilities to get right for a tough game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I think these fans need to realize that during every season there are going to be ups and downs and not to overreact to them. 

That's the issue I have...drastic overreactions. Allen is not going to suddenly turn back into the 2017 version of himself.

It's a long season, lots of things happen during it. Not all of it is going to the be Bills steamrolling teams. Not all of it is going to the Bills playing their best. 

This is also the time many good teams struggle during the year...the middle part. It isn't as unusual as people want to make it out to be. Things are figured out, things are taken away, good teams figure it out like the Bills did last year. 

They'll be fine. They aren't imploding. They aren't missing the playoffs. They will get better as the games matter more.

It's honestly amazing the amount of people calling for Dorsey's head as we lead the NFL in offense and are 2nd in scoring. Could you imagine what other teams fans must think if they read these boards?

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Plenty of people are happy with the win. But people like to talk football. Pointing out the obvious & discussing it isn't PTSD or indicative of people being negative... so dramatic.

Discussion & speculation is what this board is for. It's not all "Rah! Rah! Bills best everrrr!" and talking about issues doesn't make you a bad fan.

I'll always think back to that thread before the GB game where some tweet was arrogantly asking why Bills fans aren't more confident (because they weren't out gloating/being cocky thinking we'd steamroll everyone)... Well look how the past month has been!

Mocking replies where people sarcastically say "remember the Jags"... as if that could never possibly happen again?? 

C'mon. Nobody said the sky is falling. Nobody is saying all hope is lost. Nobody isn't cheering for the team or burning their Josh Alllen jerseys.

But for some reason, express concern after a month of your QB struggling, the same one everyone was more than happy to proclaim was BETTER than Mahomes & MVP favorite, you're suddenly "negative," or have PTSD, or have posts psychoanalyzing how that may reflect on their family life? 😑

I hope people can just accept not all fans want to just coast by the entire season pretending everything's perfect. Sometimes we like to discuss what we see on the field & speculate on how it impacts our chances going forward. 

/ this ends today's Ted Talk

@BigDingus, did you read my post or just the thread title?

I never said we should be arrogant or that we’d blow out every team.

Some of my main thoughts were that it's hard to understand why some will pick out one strength from the opposing team or one weakness from us and they’re worried about that instead of choosing to be confident in the nine strengths we do have going into a certain game against a middling team. We may even lose that type of game from time to time but it doesn't mean you can't have confidence.

Or, some want to fire coaches (McD has the best winning percentage in our history currently) even though most SB teams have a rough stretch during SB seasons. As Von said, the Rams lost three in a row in their SB season. How many Pats teams started .500 but went on to win the SB or go far in the playoffs?

Or, some want players dumped, traded or benched when even the greats go through rough patches every season. Just this year, PM threw a game sealing INT against us. People still know he’s great.

The overreaches (not saying you're overreaching) seem a bit much with how good of a team we have. This team is at a level where we can have a level of confidence when we play inferior or average opponents (even though we'll lose these games at times). And, we're definitely a good of enough team to where everything doesn't have to be questioned or burned down because we go through a rough stretch in a season.

That’s some of the points of the post and I think what @Big Turk is trying to convey as well. Big Turk, you can correct me if that’s not what you were trying to say.

Hope that makes sense, BD. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The dude's a 6th round rookie, who all things being equal has outperformed our first round rookie.

I'm gonna give him some slack, given how ineffective the pass rush has been lately

Benford is “fine”. If he’s starting with Tre, Poyer, and Hyde. I don’t think Benford or Elam are ready to carry the load they’re carrying in this defense. 

I think Jackson is having a great year despite today. Most teams would be happy to have him start on the outside with the over all year he’s having.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Yes the Chiefs do have stretches like this-go look at their scores, they have several close games and “ugly” wins. Yeah they have a couple of blow outs but so do the Bills 

They having one of those stretches right now. FG,FG,TD, 2 straight 3 and out. A ST's gaffe to boot.

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, Boris12 said:

This win doesn’t do anything for me to get excited about. They struggled mightily just to beat a team with just 3 wins and let a journeyman QB carve this defense up for 324 yards and 3rds. YUCK!!!!

And the browns dropped a few TD in the end zone. I’m glad we won but our secondary is bad. 

53 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Yep nearly had 200 yards rushing. 

People don't seem to get rushing games are faster and you don't get 400 yards passing too. Plus games are closer. You tend not to blow out teams running. 

He did not play hero ball today...

he started like 5/10 and went on a 12/13 completion run and like 3 scoring drives 

not giving exact numbers but this is what went down but no big plays so people all boo boo 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Honestly what the heck do some of you want? All week we kept hearing about having to run it more. Allen needs to stop playing hero ball. So we run it more and Allen plays safer and we score 30+ basically on the road with 2 days of practice and oh no the sky is falling again. 

Im trying to figure out if the drought years were more insufferable on this board than the current stretch of insufferable takes.  

It's mind boggling. Apparently every other team in the NFL plays their best game every week, never has any struggles at all during the year and all their players play great.

Guess nobody bothered to watch the Chargers game against the 49ers last week where Herbert was 21-35 for 196 with 1 TD and 1 INT. They scored 16 points.

The problem on this board is too many people only watch the Bills and have no idea what actually goes on in the rest of the NFL.

We have been spoiled for so many years now, we are forgetting what most of the NFL goes through. Hint...most teams would KILL to have the type of game the Bills had today.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Those refs were atrocious.  We get hit out of bounds multiple times, earhole tackled, facemask tackled, late hits on QB... nothing.  We brush an arm past a facemask in coverage- called.  Nothing-hold- called.  Even the make-good calls went against us. 

I agree. These refs were awful. I still can’t believe the Hamlin PI. And the Gilliam “hold” That wiped out a TD was a horrendous call. 

that said, there was at least one call that I think went our way. There was one RPO we ran where Allen hit Diggs with a really nice slant. I was re-watching that play, and the olinemen were like 5 yards down field when Allen threw it. It was a pretty obvious “illegal man down field” and totally missed. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Those refs were atrocious.  We get hit out of bounds multiple times, earhole tackled, facemask tackled, late hits on QB... nothing.  We brush an arm past a facemask in coverage- called.  Nothing-hold- called.  Even the make-good calls went against us. 

We got a lot of help last vs the Vikes; this stuff evens out over time.

5 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Not sure what you mean here. We’re saying that the Bills should’ve handled the browns easily. They didn’t. 

No one remembers how you played in a regular season game. No one remembers if it was a blowout. Even last year, no one cared that we blew out KC in the regular season. 

We might look back on close losses because of playoff seeding, but not the wins. 

Just win! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sestak4ever said:

Always great to get the win, no matter how. It just disturbs me how terrible we are at attempting screen plays to our running backs. The attempts/designs are awful. They would be so useful when teams start blitzing, but we can't successfully execute one.

The Bills have been unable to effectively run screen pass plays for 30 years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I'll add this; for as much crap as we are giving the pass D, they regularly had solid coverage and Brisette made amazing throws w amazing catches by WRs. 

Our DB’s are terrible once the ball is in the air. They lose every jump ball situation.

Edited by Governor
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.