NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Browns are supposed to have one of the elite O-Lines in the league.  That being said, we controlled Chubb, and despite missing 4 defensive starters, including our #1 and #3 corners, our MLB, , we still had a 3 score lead until giving up a couple of TD's in desperation time for the Browns.

13 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

No idea where to post this but I'm pretty sure that Nantz and Romo said during their commentary today that they'll be covering Bills at Lions on Thursday.

Arguably allowing the Vikings to get that close to the end zone in the first place helped them win the game. In truth, I'd put more blame on Josh's second interception for the loss than the fumble. But our offense still scored 30 last week; I'd say anything around that ballpark or bigger should result in a win.

They’ve won on Thanksgiving in a game that Nantz/ Romo called. So they’ve got that going for them…which is nice. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Actually yes. Did you watch the Eagles squeak out a 17-16 win against Indy late in the 4th quarter? They looked like trash last week against Washington too.

Complaining when the Bills scored on 7 straight possessions and put up 31 points is pretty mind boggling. Could they be better? Sure. Will they? Highly likely. 

Last week they looked terrible putting up 500 yards of offense?? 

Newsflash...lots of teams tend to struggle at this time of the year. The last 3 SB winning teams all did.

Nothing mattered this game with everything going on other than getting a win. The fact they did so after going down early and then reeling off 22 unanswered points is a good sign. The fact Allen took the throws he was given and didn't try forcing the ball was a good sign. No turnovers. That's what they needed in THIS game.

As Allen says "It doesn't matter if it's by 1 or 100, a win is a win."

You should do well to realize that and stop worrying about how it "looked".

I’m not complaining at all. Very happy about the win. What my point was this team should handle a bad browns team with a back up QB and injuries. They beat them but not as soundly as I had hoped. 

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Browns are supposed to have one of the elite O-Lines in the league.  That being said, we controlled Chubb, and despite missing 4 defensive starters, including our #1 and #3 corners, our MLB, , we still had a 3 score lead until giving up a couple of TD's in desperation time for the Browns.

I'm not a fan of how the D seemingly let's teams back into games either but I think they will figure it out. It's very out of character to allow this type of yardage to opponents by our pass D.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

They’ve won on Thanksgiving in a game that Nantz/ Romo called. So they’ve got that going for them…which is nice. 

Allen LOVES playing on Thanksgiving.

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

I don't need this team to beat all opponents e as silly.  Seems they lose focus when it's too easy.  So let them just steadily keep grinding out the dubs. No bonus points given if you clinch first seed then lose focus to be shaky in playoffs.  

I get that. The point was a SB fave should’ve beat them up. It’s more than just one game now. 

• Eyeroll 3

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

I’m not complaining at all. Very happy about the win. What my point was this team should handle a bad browns team with a back up QB and injuries. They beat them but not as soundly as I had hoped. 

It doesn't matter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Even Cousins suggested that after the game.

I think people have been hearing the whole ‘injuries are no excuse’ mantra for years and take it a bit too literally these days lol. Edmunds may not be elite but the falloff from him to Bernard/Dodson is massive and we’ve had those guys in for Milano or edmunds for three straight weeks now.  Couple that with missing  a great pass rusher like Rousseau and two starting safeties the last few weeks and two starting corners and you can easily struggle against any team let alone a team with justin Jefferson. 

bernard/Dodson have been getting absolutely victimized 

if it was more like ‘we lost edmunds and his backup played ok’ and we still got demolished then I’d be a bit more concerned. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Not sure what you mean here. We’re saying that the Bills should’ve handled the browns easily. They didn’t. 

The Chiefs should have handled the Raiders and didn’t. They barely won.

The Eagles should have handled the Colts today but didn’t. They barely won.

The Ravens should have handled the Panthers today but didn’t and barely won.

Every good team has games like this. So not sure what your point is other than showing your point isn’t a smart one.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, mannc said:

Bills fans who attended the game today in Detroit...Does this experience make you believe it's a good idea to build a new outdoor stadium in Western NY? 

Unfortunately, what the fans want is of no importance to the people making the decisions.

Just now, Justin C said:

The Chiefs should have handled the Raiders and didn’t. They barely won.

The Eagles should have handled the Colts today but didn’t. They barely won.

The Ravens should have handled the Panthers today but didn’t and barely won.

Every good team has games like this. So not sure what your point is other than showing your point isn’t a smart one.

For the final time. If it’s one game here and there I agree. ITS NOT ONE GAME. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.