NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

I want to confirm something. We all understand that holding a double digit lead from 4 minutes left in the 3rd through all of the 4th until 0:25 left in the game and winning by 8 is winning easily in the NFL, yes? 

The Bills were not aggressive, they didn’t take chances and they won easily. I love watching Allen light it up as much as the next guy, but it wasn’t necessary in this game.

They dictated the game, didn’t let Chubb get going, dared Brissett to win it for the Browns and he couldn’t do it. 

Is our cornerback situation currently pretty mediocre? Of course. Is that likely to be resolved this season? I think it will. Most if not all teams in the league have bigger areas of concern than the Bills. With 2 games in 5 days here, it makes sense to be cautious against a team you can beat with a C+ effort. That’s what this was.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Then, honestly, he should have sat out the season, and the team should have found a replacement

Yeah, totally would rather have Da'Marius Jacktherius from Coastal Carolina University come playoffs than Tre White. 

Or maybe we could have snagged Hingle McCringleberry? 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m telling you, it was the right call. You’re looking at it with the benefit of hindsight because the conversion didn’t work. Yes I agree that because they didn’t get the conversion the extra point would’ve put them up 2 scores at the end. Can’t think like that though, because I’d they had gotten the conversion they also would have been up 2 scores 

I hear ya. I just think he’s being unnecessarily aggressive when they aren’t at their best to begin with. Normally, I would love the aggressiveness but at the stage those decisions have been made I feel it’s better to take the guaranteed points when things aren’t going as smooth as usual. It’s all good; they won!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

If, at the end of the season, the Bills win a SB, and people harsh on me for holding these views, then?  That's a great problem to have.  For all of us.

But the Bills can't afford to lose too many more games to keep the hope of the #1 seed alive.  Could the Bills run the table ahead of the playoffs and get #1 seed?  Sure.  Could they not?  Sure.  The point of my remark is that this is not a gimme.  Because it's not.

I'm not fussed about the number one seed. That may be blasphemous but we've just got to get to the post season. Then anything can happen.

Yes, McDermott doesn't have a great record away from OP in the post season but we were a blown coverage away from the Championship game. We could have made the same error at home.

Get everyone fit, ease Josh back to his best self and we'll be a threat wherever we play.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Motorin' said:

Yeah, totally would rather have Da'Marius Jacktherius from Coastal Carolina University come playoffs than Tre White. 

Or maybe we could have snagged Hingle McCringleberry? 

love the key and peele reference, but how effective is a guy gonna be after sitting out the entire season

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Honestly I think posters here have a form of PTSD where they can't be happy unless they find something to be overly negative about and ignore anything positive.

It's honestly strange and I wonder if they act like that with their families. Just bizarre.

A lot of people seem like they’re just trying to be dissenters and sometimes it pays off and the bills blow the game.  A lot of times they’re wrong though lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

A lot of people seem like they’re just trying to be dissenters and sometimes it pays off and the bills blow the game.  A lot of times they’re wrong though lol 

In fairness to "dissenters," losing to a team that managed all of 3 points this week and a vikings squad that looks PRETTY beatable right now will do that.

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I'm not fussed about the number one seed. That may be blasphemous but we've just got to get to the post season. Then anything can happen.

Yes, McDermott doesn't have a great record away from OP in the post season but we were a blown coverage away from the Championship game. We could have made the same error at home.

Get everyone fit, ease Josh back to his best self and we'll be a threat wherever we play.

I think our team was a tier below where we are now when we played all those away playoff games… assuming we get some defensive players back from injuries.  

it’s not like we had a team that should’ve won and lost just because they were in the road in most of those games 

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Honestly I think posters here have a form of PTSD where they can't be happy unless they find something to be overly negative about and ignore anything positive.

It's honestly strange and I wonder if they act like that with their families. Just bizarre.

Plenty of people are happy with the win. But people like to talk football. Pointing out the obvious & discussing it isn't PTSD or indicative of people being negative... so dramatic.

Discussion & speculation is what this board is for. It's not all "Rah! Rah! Bills best everrrr!" and talking about issues doesn't make you a bad fan.

I'll always think back to that thread before the GB game where some tweet was arrogantly asking why Bills fans aren't more confident (because they weren't out gloating/being cocky thinking we'd steamroll everyone)... Well look how the past month has been!

Mocking replies where people sarcastically say "remember the Jags"... as if that could never possibly happen again?? 

C'mon. Nobody said the sky is falling. Nobody is saying all hope is lost. Nobody isn't cheering for the team or burning their Josh Alllen jerseys.

But for some reason, express concern after a month of your QB struggling, the same one everyone was more than happy to proclaim was BETTER than Mahomes & MVP favorite, you're suddenly "negative," or have PTSD, or have posts psychoanalyzing how that may reflect on their family life? 😑

I hope people can just accept not all fans want to just coast by the entire season pretending everything's perfect. Sometimes we like to discuss what we see on the field & speculate on how it impacts our chances going forward. 

/ this ends today's Ted Talk

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think our team was a tier below where we are now when we played all those away playoff games… assuming we get some defensive players back from injuries.  

it’s not like we had a team that should’ve won and lost just because they were in the road in most of those games 

On defense I agree. On offense I think we're weaker at WR than we were last year. Have to hope our RBs are finding a groove.

Edited by UKBillFan

10 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

In fairness to "dissenters," losing to a team that managed all of 3 points this week and a vikings squad that looks PRETTY beatable right now will do that.

but how many times have they been wrong?

Every week right from the opening possession you’ve got 10-20 people posting about how we’re going to lose and how we should fire everyone 😂

cowboys are a lot healthier than us on the defensive side…I think we would’ve had a lot closer to this result if we didn’t lose edmunds and had one or two starters back 

And the cowboys looked bad against a packers team that we had beat by halftime.  So you can’t really play that game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

but how many times have they been wrong?

Every week right from the opening possession you’ve got 10-20 people posting about how we’re going to lose and how we should fire everyone 😂

cowboys are a lot healthier than us on the defensive side…I think we would’ve had a lot closer to this result if we didn’t lose edmunds and had one or two starters back 

the offense cost us that game with the turnovers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.