NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

If you follow the GDT thread, that's not necessarily a good benchmark.  To sum it up, HC, OC, DC should be fired / left in Detroit.  Allen is terrible, of course.

Outside of the GDT context, I don't really see people hating on Josh in this thread.

I've seen a lot of posts being very hard on him after today's performance.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

There weren’t big play TDs and then we almost blew it at the end with soft d and bad execution

thats what upsets people - I saw a slow start and once we woke up kind of controlled it. Refs were getting in the way also 

The game really wasn't in doubt after we took the 13-10 lead.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

I more times than not disagree with the 2 point tries.  This game included.  I think coaches leave points on the field way too early in the game.  This one included.

You seem incredibly insightful. You should post more often. 🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Do you ever watch other games? Ravens barely got by the Panthers. Giants lost, at home, to the Lions. Jets and Pats would have ended 3-3 if not for a punt return TD. Eagles were losing all game to the Colts. Those incredible Vikings are losing. 

This seems to be the context people are missing… great teams play close games against not so good teams constantly.

browns have some talent too that definitely could and did test us.  

6 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

If you follow the GDT thread, that's not necessarily a good benchmark.  To sum it up, HC, OC, DC should be fired / left in Detroit.  Allen is terrible, of course.

Outside of the GDT context, I don't really see people hating on Josh in this thread.

Honestly I think posters here have a form of PTSD where they can't be happy unless they find something to be overly negative about and ignore anything positive.

It's honestly strange and I wonder if they act like that with their families. Just bizarre.

Just now, Big Turk said:

The game really wasn't in doubt after we took the 13-10 lead.

Granted, I've become a grumpy old man, but it's not like the Browns stopped scoring in the second half.  Make no mistake, it was a satisfying win, and one that the Bills definitely needed, but 13-10, as the final score indicates, was *not* a foregone conclusion.

19 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

It isn't crap at all.  The team has issues, and I expect it to be a dogfight through the rest of the season and into the playoffs.  Did I say that they were going to lose out or miss the playoffs?  Nope, so not sure why you are bent out of shape.  But with KC and the Bills' record and with the Titans being pretty good, do you foresee the Bills getting the #1 seed?  And if so, why?

Because Buffalo beat both of them, we all have about the same SoS left, we haven't been blown out (like we did to the Titans) and 3 of our 4 remaining divisional games are at home.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Honestly I think posters here have a form of PTSD where they can't be happy unless they find something to be overly negative about and ignore anything positive.

It's honestly strange and I wonder if they act like that with their families. Just bizarre.

BBFS is real.  And yeah, the GDT is particularly brutal at this juncture, but regardless, I think that we're all in.

So Josh hasn't played well for a month now... is it too late to bring Daboll back? He just choked against the Lions, might be available 😅

Speaking of which... Lions D played s pretty good game & that offense put up 31 points. Hope the Bills don't take them too lightly this week

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Because Buffalo beat both of them, we all have about the same SoS left, we haven't been blown out (like we did to the Titans) and 3 of our 4 remaining divisional games are at home.

If, at the end of the season, the Bills win a SB, and people harsh on me for holding these views, then?  That's a great problem to have.  For all of us.

But the Bills can't afford to lose too many more games to keep the hope of the #1 seed alive.  Could the Bills run the table ahead of the playoffs and get #1 seed?  Sure.  Could they not?  Sure.  The point of my remark is that this is not a gimme.  Because it's not.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Being up 13 instead of 12 does in fact matter, as you saw at the end of the game where the Browns were within a score and 2-point conversion to tie. Taking the point would have made it a two score game at the end. 

I’m telling you, it was the right call. You’re looking at it with the benefit of hindsight because the conversion didn’t work. Yes I agree that because they didn’t get the conversion the extra point would’ve put them up 2 scores at the end. Can’t think like that though, because if they had gotten the conversion they also would have been up 2 scores 

Edited by Ya Digg?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.