NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Going for 2 there is the right play-who cares if you’re up 12 or 13, 2 touchdowns puts you behind. If Gilliam does what he’s supposed to on that ply and actually try to block his guy McKenzie gets in 

If they had kicked the point they would have been up 9 instead of 8 at the end. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Budkin said:

Another subpar game for Josh Allen. Something is not ok.

He had a rough first quarter, but I thought he managed the game nicely. Didn’t throw a pick, moved the chains when needed, and let the backs do their thing. Allen doesn’t need to put up Madden numbers to have a decent game. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Dude I don’t play madden. I know the reality of a professional league. This is now 4 games where the bills have not looked very good at all. Do you watch other teams. Do the chiefs have stretched like this? 

Do you ever watch other games? Ravens barely got by the Panthers. Giants lost, at home, to the Lions. Jets and Pats would have ended 3-3 if not for a punt return TD. Eagles were losing all game to the Colts. Those incredible Vikings are losing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

Could be he's giving Allen a chance to regain his confidence.  Better to miss a 2 pt when it's not absolutely necessary at the time you go for it.

It was unnecessary at that stage of the game. Same as last week. If he just took the points and kicked the FG Josh would have been playing for the win instead of the tie at the end of regulation 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

He had a rough first quarter, but I thought he managed the game nicely. Didn’t throw a pick, moved the chains when needed, and let the backs do their thing. Allen doesn’t need to put up Madden numbers to have a decent game. 

People are spoiled.

Just now, WotAGuy said:

It was unnecessary at that stage of the game. Same as last week. If he just took the points and kicked the FG Josh would have been playing for the win instead of the tie at the end of regulation 

If the Bills were more willing to take the FG than "go for the kill" we'd be 9-1 right now. Maybe 10-0. It's not capitulation to take the points.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I swear more people are hating on Josh now than last week.

Last week he cost us the game.

This week, thorugh maturity and adjustments, he helped us win it.

Totally agree - People kept saying all week "no heroball Josh" and "run the damn ball" and then when we do just that, there are some that are still displeased.  Games was not perfect by any stretch, but tons of positives and the final score makes the game look closer than it was

Edited by TheWei44
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I mean, speaking for me personally i'm VERY happy they won, given all that faced them. But I'm not blind to the fact that this is, in fact, a very flawed team that's been winning despite their flaws since week 5 or so

What are other teams if this team is "very flawed" leading the NFL in offense, 2nd in scoring O, top 10 on D and top 5 in scoring D?

Get a clue.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

This week, thorugh maturity and adjustments, he helped us win it.

If you follow the GDT thread, that's not necessarily a good benchmark.  To sum it up, HC, OC, DC should be fired / left in Detroit.  Allen is terrible, of course.

Outside of the GDT context, I don't really see people hating on Josh in this thread.

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

If they had kicked the point they would have been up 9 instead of 8 at the end. 

But that’s not what the thinking is or should be at the time they went for 2. Being up 13 is no different than if you’re up 12 and you give up 2 touchdowns, you’re still losing. It looks bad because they didn’t get in, but you want to be up 14 at that point, not 13

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

This week, through maturity and adjustments, he helped us win it.

Only Bills fans can turn scoring 31 points on 7 consecutive drives into something negative.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Dude I don’t play madden. I know the reality of a professional league. This is now 4 games where the bills have not looked very good at all. Do you watch other teams. Do the chiefs have stretched like this? 

Yes the Chiefs do have stretches like this-go look at their scores, they have several close games and “ugly” wins. Yeah they have a couple of blow outs but so do the Bills 

I thought the Bills showed a lot of character and poise in weathering a difficult first period.  They dominated after that. Given the injuries and logistical nightmare they endured, it was a really important win. Josh seems to be getting a little swagger back later in the game. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Only Bills fans can turn scoring 31 points on 7 consecutive drives into something negative.

There weren’t big play TDs and then we almost blew it at the end with soft d and bad execution

thats what upsets people - I saw a slow start and once we woke up kind of controlled it. Refs were getting in the way also 

Edited by mikemac2001

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

But that’s not what the thinking is or should be at the time they went for 2. Being up 13 is no different than if you’re up 12 and you give up 2 touchdowns, you’re still losing. It looks bad because they didn’t get in, but you want to be up 14 at that point, not 13

The question is when is it too early to make those kinds of calculations. It was still the third quarter, so who knows what the points situation is going to be like at the end of the game. It's hard to predict, as you can see by how it turned out.

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Being up 13 instead of 12 does in fact matter, as you saw at the end of the game where the Browns were within a score and 2-point conversion to tie. Taking the point would have made it a two score game at the end. 

14 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

McD needs to ramp back the aggressiveness. Going for two that early in the game was a mistake. If they just kick the point Cleveland has no chance to win at the end.  Take the easy points; Josh isn’t playing with a lot of confidence at this point. 

I more times than not disagree with the 2 point tries.  This game included.  I think coaches leave points on the field way too early in the game.  This one included.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.