NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

12 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Chiefs, unfortunately

They don’t look unbeatable to me by any means…refs snuck them past the titans starting one of the worst qbs of all time….chargers were handling them before throwing a pick six in the end zone…we also beat them as well 

a great team no doubt but certainly not invincible 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You basically answered your own question. It didn’t matter right? It’s all about the present. Get the W and on to the next.

No one will remember this Browns game.

Not sure what you mean here. We’re saying that the Bills should’ve handled the browns easily. They didn’t. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

If this is minor adversity, I don't want to know what major adversity looks like

Yeah, Tom Clancy (RIP!) could've written that one.  Jack Ryan diffuses a bomb then successfully plays CB for the Bills where they win a Super Bowl -- before becoming a 12-term president, you know, just because.  HAHA!

• Haha (+1) 1

It was a solid win in my book with a final score that makes it look closer than it really was.  Sure, we had a lot of field goals and the secondary gave up a lot of yards through the air BUT Josh had a decent, conservative, turnover free game, Cook really Cook-ed, Knox showed what he can do, Milano on fire, Poyer solid, etc.  Add in the issues with the snow storm, and the win feels even better.  

• Like (+1) 1

The positive given the condensed week is that they won even though they looked like a team that didn't practice much over the week for a half.

Offensively I like the efficiency and decision making from Josh and the running back production.  He got through the progressions quickly and got the ball out. When the snap to pass time is low, there are less turnovers and the offense is so efficient that when it scores on 7 or 8 possessions straight, they have a good chance to win against most teams even with a lot of field goals. 172 yards at 5 YPC from Singletary and Cook is the running game we want.

Defensively they need health.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheCockSportif said:

Yeah, Tom Clancy (RIP!) could've written that one.  Jack Ryan diffuses a bomb then successfully plays CB for the Bills where they win a Super Bowl -- before becoming a 12-term president, you know, just because.  HAHA!

bro, post more lol that was hilarious

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I read here all week how Chubb was going to "run the ball down the throats" of the Bills.

Seems like Frazier took that away.  He had 19 yards on 14 rushes for a 1.4 YPC.

He put the whole game on the shoulders of the depth secondary, who struggled but played well enough for the win.

Chubb held to 1.4 YPC and people complaining about the DL.  LOL.  You can't make this stuff up.

Exactly.  We sold out to stuff the run and dared Brissett to beat us, even with a Swiss cheese secondary.  

It worked. 

How would you all have felt if we locked down the pass and Chubb ran for 250 and three scores?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

It isn't crap at all.  The team has issues, and I expect it to be a dogfight through the rest of the season and into the playoffs.  Did I say that they were going to lose out or miss the playoffs?  Nope, so not sure why you are bent out of shape.  But with KC and the Bills' record and with the Titans being pretty good, do you foresee the Bills getting the #1 seed?  And if so, why?

Well, you didn't mention the Browns in your list of 3, so...

I didn’t mention them because the Bills didn’t stomp them. You brought them up. 

26 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Does Dane Jackson EVER look back and try and find the ball ? 

The thing that kills me, when thinking about the one long ball down the left sideline to Cooper, is when you're chasing the guy but you're right by his side, you can see him looking the ball in. Just get your hand up! 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The second half they looked like a different team on offense and they still left a bunch of points on the table. I’m not an “establish the run” guy but the Browns have struggled mightily to stop the run and they finally realized it and it let Josh get comfortable. 

If we could somehow get White back on the field that would be so friggin huge for the 3rd and long struggles this defense is having. 

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Dude I don’t play madden. I know the reality of a professional league. This is now 4 games where the bills have not looked very good at all. Do you watch other teams. Do the chiefs have stretched like this? 

Actually yes. Did you watch the Eagles squeak out a 17-16 win against Indy late in the 4th quarter? They looked like trash last week against Washington too.

Complaining when the Bills scored on 7 straight possessions and put up 31 points is pretty mind boggling. Could they be better? Sure. Will they? Highly likely. 

Last week they looked terrible putting up 500 yards of offense?? 

Newsflash...lots of teams tend to struggle at this time of the year. The last 3 SB winning teams all did.

Nothing mattered this game with everything going on other than getting a win. The fact they did so after going down early and then reeling off 22 unanswered points is a good sign. The fact Allen took the throws he was given and didn't try forcing the ball was a good sign. No turnovers. That's what they needed in THIS game.

As Allen says "It doesn't matter if it's by 1 or 100, a win is a win."

You should do well to realize that and stop worrying about how it "looked".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.