NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

This team has a lot of flaws that make me believe that they are a pretender, not a contender.

First, I believe that the defense willing improve if the can get Elam and Tre White back.  I think that Edmunds is missed more than some believe and Greg Rousseau is also an important piece to get back.

The offense is my concern.  Allen looks bad.  Gabe Davis is not a starting-caliber WR, especially on a team with championship aspirations.  If he can’t catch the ball, he needs to sit or go.  His bad hands on ST almost cost the game.

I have little good to say about Isaiah McKenzie.  He is a fringe NFL receiver who can run an occasional gadget play and is a danger to both teams as a returner.

While the defense may improve as they, hopefully get healthy, I think that the lack of receiver talent is going to cost this team a serious challenge for the SB.

They scored 31 points in a game with very little practice, with huge unexpected challenges this week and in a tough mental state to get prepared for a game with everything else happening.

To use a game in which they had all this going on, scored on 7 straight possessions, and got 31 points is just bizarre. 

On top of this they are still likely the #1 offense in the NFL. And likely still #2 scoring.

In the nicest way possible and with all due respect.

Go outside. Find the largest possible boulder or block of ice you can. Take a running start and then kick it as hard as possible.

Aka, kick rocks with this. Not the game for it.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sloppy game all around ; the Bills tried to give the game away in every imaginable fashion right to the final onside kick. This team is sloppy right now and making too many mistakes. They got the win , but a similar effort   S Detroit may not get the desired result. They can’t score TDs and a lot needs to be cleaned up fast. 

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It is worrisome that Tre is not ready yet... you have to wonder.

I'm still questioning the judgement to count on him coming back this season.

Is what it is now, though. If we get him for three games, it'll be a win

It is all about the W and we got it without relying on Allen to gain 95% of the yards.  Allen gets a break and no turnovers.  

We out rushed Cleveland and they out passed us, so that was interesting and unexpected.  Bills Mafia assisted player travel to the airport making a nice side story.  

Game balls to Bass, Milano, Poyer, Singletary and Cook.  

This was a rough week with injuries, sickness, missed practices, extreme weather,  and a crazy trip to the airport to play our home game on the road.   They started slow but they persevered and they can build on it.  

One complaint was the uneven officiating.  I don't know what defensive pass interference is anymore.  

On to Detroit again next week  The team will get some rest and will likely get very little practice due to the Thursday game.   

• Agree 2

I liked the balance today on offense. I think there was a lot of good stuff there. Allen was horrible through the first quarter and a half but once he settled in I liked it. That’s the type of game we need from our offense. Spread it around, run, protect the ball and just keep ending drives with points. After the first quarter we started rolling a bit. The Defense was bad all day. Milano and Poyer are great but this defense is really disappointing. Can’t get off the field on 3rd down almost regardless of distance, poor tackling and our cBs got abused all day. We got very lucky to have some breaks because we were not making stops. That needs to get cleaned up immediately. Take the W and be happy but this was a bad day on defense IMO.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

It is all about the W and we got it without relying on Allen to gain 95% of the yards.  Allen gets a break and no turnovers.  

We out rushed Cleveland and they out passed us, so that was interesting and unexpected.  Bills Mafia assisted player travel to the airport making a nice side story.  

Game balls to Bass, Milano, Poyer, Singletary and Cook.  

This was a rough week with injuries, sickness, missed practices, extreme weather,  and a crazy trip to the airport to play our home game on the road.   They started slow but they persevered and they can build on it.  

One complaint was the uneven officiating.  I don't know what defensive pass interference is anymore.  

On to Detroit again next week  The team will get some rest and will likely get very little practice due to the Thursday game.   

Jacoby Brissett played the best game I've ever seen from him.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

This team has a lot of flaws that make me believe that they are a pretender, not a contender.

First, I believe that the defense willing improve if the can get Elam and Tre White back.  I think that Edmunds is missed more than some believe and Greg Rousseau is also an important piece to get back.

The offense is my concern.  Allen looks bad.  Gabe Davis is not a starting-caliber WR, especially on a team with championship aspirations.  If he can’t catch the ball, he needs to sit or go.  His bad hands on ST almost cost the game.

I have little good to say about Isaiah McKenzie.  He is a fringe NFL receiver who can run an occasional gadget play and is a danger to both teams as a returner.

While the defense may improve as they, hopefully get healthy, I think that the lack of receiver talent is going to cost this team a serious challenge for the SB.

Teams are literally just designing their whole offense around picking on edmunds/milano’s replacement when one of them is injured so I think your first point is the understatement of the century 😂 

I’m more concerned about the offense…I think the defense is going to be good if they can get a little healthier and great if they can get substantially healthier.  

same as last year though the offensive line really is struggling at the midway point…they were able to turn it around last season but we’ll see about this year.  

there really is no flawless team that looks Super Bowl caliber right now to me 

people seem to be sleeping on the browns with regards to how much us beating them ‘matters’.  They are great in the trenches on both sides of the ball

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

50 minutes ago, LEBills said:

For a week where they barely practiced, scrambled to the airport yesterday and played a road “home game” I think they did fine.

They stopped Chubb and let the Browns try to beat them with Brissett. They planned to run the ball with a lead even if it meant the offense stalled and the Browns got to do some garbage time catching up. To me, that’s learning from last week when they should have ran more against Minnesota.

Go Billls!!

Very good perspective 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.