NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Cursed said:

30 runs from RBs, 27 passes from Allen, 6 FG's from Bass... 31 points.  I hope this is eye opening for the coaching staff that you can score points by taking the points and using the run.

Yea, but Barely.   That shouldn't be our MO - it should be last resort stuff. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Seems the teams really needs both Edmunds and Milano out there together.  It's a different defense when both playing.  Basically past thee weeks only out there for about 1/2 of one game together.  Second half last week showed  the difference.  For all the Edmunds haters good chance he gets resigned

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Irish Dave said:

Do our DBs not undersand how to defend passes?!???   They're all WAY too short; and receivers are CONSTANTLY making amazing catches against them.  WTF???   And Uusually on 3rd and Long.   

They are playing prevent. Frazier special on 3rd and long. 

Problem is they are playing textbook prevent when Hyde, poyer, Edmunds and white could play the same prevent and shut it down. 

They are missing pieces is what it comes down to.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Browns are atrocious at stopping the run so it’s great we actually took advantage of it.

Josh looked miserable to start the game but got into a rhythm. Still not quite looking like his usual self. 

Cook had a great game and it’s just a matter of time before he breaks a big run to the house. 

Milano has my heart.

Bills played super conservative in 2nd half. Has to be to protect JA elbow. Otherwise we left some great play action opportunities for big plays. Take the W get ready for a Lions team that is much improved!

Run game looked solid. No mistakes from Josh although accuracy was way off in the first quarter. Offensive line didn’t give Josh any time in the first half but got better in the second.

Run D held Chubb to 19 yards. Browns receivers abused our corners. Dane Jackson is always in position, but doesn’t seem to have the power to make a play.

Those refs! Dawson with a day! Bass-o-matic!🦵

• Like (+1) 1

The secondary was absolute TOAST today. Even Taron looked awful. This team DESPERATELY needs Elam back, and Tre in SOME way. Also need Edmonds back! If not I think it could be looong day, and we will need 35. Lions have an explosive O and are playing great with 3 wins in a row. They will be sky high on Thursday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

He did.

Jones and Settle were also really effective and Chubb was a nothing burger.

But the poster you're referring to never actually watches the LOS and has essentially become a repetitive troll at this point.

You can take his "opinion" with a truckload of road salt.

Dline was excellent.  Would have liked some sacks but limited two really good RB's and were stout.  A lot the back 7 except Milano were horrible.  46 I didn't see to much which was good for him and Rhodes didn't give up anything (though not sure how much he played), but I've never seen Johnson (7) and Dane play worse

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

I wouldn't exactly say that but a much needed win to help the boys to get thier heads right and nobody seems to mention we have been legit missing about half our defense

I would.  Team couldn’t practice all week and had to travel to a neutral site last minute to play a browns team that’s a pretty tough matchup for us missing 4-5 good defensive players and with a qb that’s likely playing through an elbow injury 

I think everyone is underselling how much adversity that is…a slow first half is more than expected 

That easily could’ve been a loss for any team no matter how good they are 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.