NFL Week # 11 - Browns at Bills (Detroit) - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

May be the worst game by DBs i've seen in a while - look the fck back for the ball.  53 was absolutely hideous too. Milano and Phillips saved the day 

I think we would have lost to most teams today - Cleveland handed u the game with that fumble

lack of practice had to hurt but team slept walked through the game

For a week where they barely practiced, scrambled to the airport yesterday and played a road “home game” I think they did fine.

They stopped Chubb and let the Browns try to beat them with Brissett. They planned to run the ball with a lead even if it meant the offense stalled and the Browns got to do some garbage time catching up. To me, that’s learning from last week when they should have ran more against Minnesota.

Go Billls!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good win.  I keep saying grind it out because it was run and stop the run, low risk passes, no game changing turnovers. 

I’m glad time ran out because the Browns found something late and it wasn’t because the Bills were hanging back. They tried to be aggressive on D.  But our DBs were strugglin.  Happy to take the W and move on 

Edited by zow2

u-g-l-y win.  I don't think that Josh is 100%, like at all or even close to it.  The team can run now, though.  That's cool.  The secondary is going to remain an issue unless White returns and Elam returns.  Not sure about timetable for the much-maligned Edmunds.  Some fiery exchanges.  Good.  The team isn't dead yet.  But Thanksgiving, and not to steal thunder from @teef, is far from a cakewalk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

hideous, ugly win.

but a win when we needed it most.

now grind out another one next week, and pray that the QB is out of his own head.

DL was really underwhelming that game, especially the DT outside of phillips.

Tell tre to play or send him to IR

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We ran the ball really well today. But that was against one of the worst run Ds in football. I hope that persists but my instinct is we need Josh to get back on his game to win longer term. I am fine with them dialling stuff back a bit while he regains his confidence though. And use Dawson Knox! He is good.

I think opposing defenses have decided to cede our running game in favor of taking away our downfield passing. And if that's how it's gonna be we have to take advantage of those easy opportunities. The red zone offense is still a work in progress but I'll take long efficient drives that end in points.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

hideous, ugly win.

but a win when we needed it most.

now grind out another one next week, and pray that the QB is out of his own head.

DL was really underwhelming that game, especially the DT outside of phillips.

Tell tre to play or send him to IR

You think so? I thought Oliver played out of his mind today 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We ran the ball really well today. But that was against one of the worst run Ds in football. I hope that persists but my instinct is we need Josh to get back on his game to win longer term. I am fine with them dialling stuff back a bit while he regains his confidence though. And use Dawson Knox! He is good.

I would agree but would add we should at least try to run.  So many games we have one or two carries in an entire half (almost the whole first half in this game).  Working well or not working well the rbs should get more carries.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.