WEEK 11 11/20/22 GAMEDAY Bills vs. Browns in Detroit Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess that we just have a different level of expectation for this team then. I honestly believe that they should have challenged the ‘07 Pats for largest point differential in a season. I felt like +315 was realistic. My expectation was something like 15-2 with an average margins of victory of 3 scores a game. 

The Bills are clearly one of the best teams in football. Coming into this year I believed that that had a chance to be one of the great teams ever. They aren’t that at this point. The level of satisfaction, to this point, depends on your expectations. They haven’t consistently played to the level that I think they’re capable of. 

With all the injuries be happy the defense isn't worse. 07 Pats didn't have that problem.

39 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Winning today is critical.  A loss today raises the real spectre of actually misssing the playoffs. 

The way the AFC is split between good and bad teams, it is possible an 11-6 team misses the playoffs.   10-7 almost certainly misses in the AFC. 

The Bills have four divisional games remaining: 2 against the patriots who we rarely sweep, 2 against teams who already beat us this season.  All of these teams are hungry and in the playoff hunt.  Going two and two out of these four is the most likely scenario.  This means we can't lose any of our other four games. 

Our other four games are against the Browns, Lions, Bears and Bengals.  Browns are a terrible matchup for the Bills.  The Bengals are defending AFC champions who are dangerous on any given Sunday.  A loss tomorrow to the Browns will be devastating.  As they say D-Day was a must win, this is just a football game.  But if the Bills lose today, the path to a championship becomes very narrow. If the Bills win today, it will still be a slog to get home. 

So you’re saying best case scenario is the Bills go 2-4 in the division? You’re that scared of the other 3 teams? Lost by a total of 5 points on the road and you’re that scared-and don’t fire back with “I’m just being realistic” because no you’re not. They are literally 1 game out of being the 1 seed, they own tiebreakers against all of the top teams, but even if they win today it will be a “slog” to get home field…yikes, you must be super fun to watch a game with

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

With all the injuries be happy the defense isn't worse. 07 Pats didn't have that problem.

That’s fair. Health was necessary to achieve that level.

Nonetheless, there have been spurts of dominance. I’d like to see a 60 minute beat down. Create turnovers and pressure on defense. Execute in the red zone. Protect the football. Convert 3rd downs. Do not make any special teams mistakes. This might be the day.

Last year at about this time the lightbulb went off. The Bills were the best team in football from this point forward. I’m hoping that happens again. They need to find a rythym and get healthy. If that happens, they’re incredibly dangerous.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They haven’t consistently played to the level that I think they’re capable of. 

That is beyond argument!  Heck, even on our best days (like thumping the Rams on season opening night) we turned the ball over 4 times and played a game FILLED with mistakes.

The fact is, the Rams are not good enough THIS YEAR to do anything about that, and so we beat them heavily.

Tennessee was truly a solid game. Most the other games, even when wins, were very much incomplete, and McDermott said as much at the post-game PC in all of them.  "We have a lot of stuff to work on."

It all hinges on 1) making the playoffs and 2) playing our best ball once there.

If we do those 2 things, NONE of this matters.  If we repeat this stuff, we won't win a championship.

Just read where -yes, the ticket prices were extremely low- but the game has SOLD OUT! Detroit isn’t that far from Cleveland either, but I suspect the vast majority are #Mafia!

AMAZING!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sal just said on pregame show that they actually got in more practice than was insinuated by McDermott on Wednesday   , they did some team stuff but it was just scaled back. They had a regular practice Thursday and they were virtual Friday but that’s normally more of a walk through anyway he said. Then they got in a walkthrough yesterday at the facility before they left.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That is beyond argument!  Heck, even on our best days (like thumping the Rams on season opening night) we turned the ball over 4 times and played a game FILLED with mistakes.

The fact is, the Rams are not good enough THIS YEAR to do anything about that, and so we beat them heavily.

Tennessee was truly a solid game. Most the other games, even when wins, were very much incomplete, and McDermott said as much at the post-game PC in all of them.  "We have a lot of stuff to work on."

It all hinges on 1) making the playoffs and 2) playing our best ball once there.

If we do those 2 things, NONE of this matters.  If we repeat this stuff, we won't win a championship.

Your argument is extremely flawed-there has only been 1 perfect game played in the history of the league, and the Bills played that game last year. Outside of that, in every game ever played you could argue that teams played an “incomplete” game. Missed throws, dropped passes, missed tackles, turnovers-it’s almost like there are 2 NFL caliber teams out on the field every game! I’m not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but the team seems to have reached a level of success that there are people on here (you included) who expect perfection every snap every game. It’s not gonna happen 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I realize it’s a very minor thing but I’m interested to see what the field looks like today. If anything says bills or lions

If the 2014 snowmageddon game is any indication, the Bills logo will be at midfield and the end zones will have the  B I L L S name stenciled on as well. 

Edited by K-9

Just now, K-9 said:

If the 2014 snowmageddon game is any indication, the Bills logo will be at midfield and the end zones will have the  B I L L S name stenciled on as well. 

With the Lions having a home game in just a few days, I'm guessing you won't see much in the way of Bills field decor. 

But what the hell do I know.... 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just now, Simon said:

With the Lions having a home game in just a few days, I'm guessing you won't see much in the way of Bills field decor. 

Based on these images, seems that you know enough to make that statement.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

No Bills logos on the field, unfortunately. Not enough time to do a proper job. League worried a rushed install would create dangerous issues.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Winning today is critical.  A loss today raises the real spectre of actually misssing the playoffs. 

The way the AFC is split between good and bad teams, it is possible an 11-6 team misses the playoffs.   10-7 almost certainly misses in the AFC. 

The Bills have four divisional games remaining: 2 against the patriots who we rarely sweep, 2 against teams who already beat us this season.  All of these teams are hungry and in the playoff hunt.  Going two and two out of these four is the most likely scenario.  This means we can't lose any of our other four games. 

Our other four games are against the Browns, Lions, Bears and Bengals.  Browns are a terrible matchup for the Bills.  The Bengals are defending AFC champions who are dangerous on any given Sunday.  A loss tomorrow to the Browns will be devastating.  As they say D-Day was a must win, this is just a football game.  But if the Bills lose today, the path to a championship becomes very narrow. If the Bills win today, it will still be a slog to get home. 

I don't think so. The Browns defense is horribly coached & their interior D line might be the worst in the NFL. 

The Browns' offense is decent, but they're not going to win if the Bills go up a couple scores. I follow both teams closely & seriously doubt this will be a close game. Bills should pull away in the 2nd half.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I realize it’s a very minor thing but I’m interested to see what the field looks like today. If anything says bills or lions

The end zones will say lions because they had a circus in town (no pun intended) and didn’t have time to change those over. Everything else will be bills home team oriented. Intros, Train horn, graphics, DJ, shout song, etc 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Based on these images, seems that you know enough to make that statement.

Don't know if any of those pics are from today, but I can't imagine them going to the time and trouble to redecorate the field when they just have to undecorate it tomorrow. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

That makes sense given the quick turnaround time to ready the field for a Lions home game on Thursday.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The end zones will say lions because they had a circus in town (no pun intended) and didn’t have time to change those over. Everything else will be bills home team oriented. Intros, Train horn, graphics, DJ, shout song, etc 

Crowd ;)

• Like (+1) 1