WEEK 11 11/20/22 GAMEDAY Bills vs. Browns in Detroit Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If today's game isn't a bloodbath (for the Browns) I'm gonna start to really worry about the bills. That'll be 3 games in a row that the bills should've won. You can make an argument for Minnesota beating us, but being at home, that should've been a bills win 

We should be 8-1 right now. I can accept the bizarre circumstances in Miami resulting in a defeat but we gifted victories to the Jets and the Vikings through simple errors. On the face of it, being a position where we're more likely to beat ourselves than the opposition is not a bad thing but we're running out of time to sort it out.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We should be 8-1 right now. I can accept the bizarre circumstances in Miami resulting in a defeat but we gifted victories to the Jets and the Vikings through simple errors. On the face of it, being a position where we're more likely to beat ourselves than the opposition is not a bad thing but we're running out of time to sort it out.

That's what everyone said earlier this year. The only team that can beat the Bills are the Bills. And so far that has reined true.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, delirious said:

Can't wait to watch the defense struggle in nickel package against the browns, then have fans clamor that frazier never adjusts, and then subsequently the mental gymnastics will come out in defense of him.

Rinse-repeat

What a wonderful fan you are!

• Agree 2

A lot of people out there frustrated about Tre still not playing. While I am definitely among them, I can kind of understand it from his perspective.

Tre has been a star basically since he came into the league as a rookie. He has been a premier player and one of the best in the world at his position. I firmly believe he has no intention of coming back until he is 100% sure he will be the same player, if not better, than he was when he left. By all accounts there has not had any physical setbacks and he has been playing scout team defense at practice. Obviously we don't know how the matchups with Diggs and Davis are going, but if he's been getting cooked by those guys once in a while, he may not think he's ready yet even though physically he might be. He's a competitor and doesn't want to take a backseat to anyone. Obviously those guys can beat even the best corners in the league so it shouldn't matter that much if that is happening, but if it is, it probably matters more to Tre than everyone else. And if this is the case, i do understand it from a certain point of view. 

My opinion is that this is all mental at this point. Somehow he needs to get over it though. The team needs him and when you see guys like Allen and Poyer gutting out major injuries just to get on the field, it makes it tougher for fans to be patient. I just hope his teammates aren't getting as frustrated as many others are. 

For a while now, when he didn't come back after the bye, I actually thought he may wait until after the Thanksgiving game to have that extra long week to get mentally there. While that could still very well happen, I'm starting to wonder if even that will be the case. Whatever the issue is though I hope it's resolved quickly and he's back on the field sooner than later. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

It sounds like that’s the issue. Shut him down and IR him. We need confident players on the field.

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The evidence is out there.  It's a Tre thing.  Period.

Exactly what his issue is, I don't know.  Is he re-thinking playing the game/ending his career?

Is it much simpler than that and he simply doesn't trust his knee in a game?

Is what we just heard that he won't play on bad turf?

Has he developed some phobia of sorts where he can't make himself play at all?

Who knows.

My response was more to "why isn't Sal and Eric woods reporting more of the details"  I was more saying they likely don't know exactly why either as could be any of the reasons mentioned above

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Not to stir up any debate as I Love the Elements!! but something to be said for being indoors with no jacket on lol Quite comfortable. 

24 mph winds...wind chill of 10 in OP right now. 

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, klos63 said:

This is one of those 'sources' posts. A very high up source. White is 100% healthy, but refuses to play on synthetic turf. Not sure which particular fields are involved, but this is the word.

Hmm, what is Highmark stadium turf,,,?  If this is actually something, maybe he us just referring to his first game back, as otherwise it’s a career changing issue. Time will tell , but if true this would be very hard to work around as the new stadium is years away. Have to to think it just refers to first game back.

• Agree 1

The browns are really bad. If bills lose I suppose it could have something to do with injuries, snow distraction, lack of practice, etc but it’s a bad sign. Cleveland is such a poorly coached team with players who lack discipline and focus.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Hmm, what is Highmark stadium turf,,,?  If this is actually something, maybe he us just referring to his first game back, as otherwise it’s a career changing issue. Time will tell , but if true this would be very hard to work around as the new stadium is years away. Have to to think it just refers to first game back.

I think Foxborough is synthetic too? So he won't play against the Lions, at the Patriots or at home against the Jets or Dolphins. Believe Soldier Field is grass so, if the assumption is correct, we won't be seeing him suit up until Christmas Eve at the earliest.

Edited by UKBillFan