WEEK 11 11/20/22 GAMEDAY Bills vs. Browns in Detroit Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

31 minutes ago, gtw3 said:

The turn-around and second half run starts today.  Go Bills

24 minutes ago, wjag said:

Lonnng week since that 4th and 18....

If Josh Allen is the Superstar Pro athlete I believe he is, he knows he owes his teammates, organization and his fans a great performance today to rectify the situation his errors resulted in. He’s been nothing short of phenomenal playing in dome stadiums to date, so I’m anticipating a great rebound from him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Already in the Detroit area with my family. We drove in from Cincinnati yesterday. It’ll be my kids (19 and 17) first Bills game and my first since I left WNY for grad school in 1997.

Couldn't quite motivate my son to make the trip from Cincinnati - We were VERY close to joining you!  Enjoy!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Winning today is critical.  A loss today raises the real spectre of actually misssing the playoffs. 

The way the AFC is split between good and bad teams, it is possible an 11-6 team misses the playoffs.   10-7 almost certainly misses in the AFC. 

The Bills have four divisional games remaining: 2 against the patriots who we rarely sweep, 2 against teams who already beat us this season.  All of these teams are hungry and in the playoff hunt.  Going two and two out of these four is the most likely scenario.  This means we can't lose any of our other four games. 

Our other four games are against the Browns, Lions, Bears and Bengals.  Browns are a terrible matchup for the Bills.  The Bengals are defending AFC champions who are dangerous on any given Sunday.  A loss tomorrow to the Browns will be devastating.  As they say D-Day was a must win, this is just a football game.  But if the Bills lose today, the path to a championship becomes very narrow. If the Bills win today, it will still be a slog to get home. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Winning today is critical.  A loss today raises the real spectre of actually misssing the playoffs. 

The way the AFC is split between good and bad teams, it is possible an 11-6 team misses the playoffs.   10-7 almost certainly misses in the AFC. 

The Bills have four divisional games remaining: 2 against the patriots who we rarely sweep, 2 against teams who already beat us this season.  All of these teams are hungry and in the playoff hunt.  Going two and two out of these four is the most likely scenario.  This means we can't lose any of our other four games. 

Our other four games are against the Browns, Lions, Bears and Bengals.  Browns are a terrible matchup for the Bills.  The Bengals are defending AFC champions who are dangerous on any given Sunday.  A loss tomorrow to the Browns will be devastating.  As they say D-Day was a must win, this is just a football game.  But if the Bills lose today, the path to a championship becomes very narrow. If the Bills win today, it will still be a slog to get home. 

Yikes….or we could just win today, and move on to Thursday against the Lions. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

IMO, the Bills haven’t played to their level this year. They have had good 1/2’s (Titans, Rams, Steelers) but have yet to put together 4 solid quarters. Just a feeling, but today is the day. I think, coming out of today, we will be reminded why the Bills are STILL the Super Bowl Favorite (at least on DraftKings at +400).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

IMO, the Bills haven’t played to their level this year. They have had good 1/2’s (Titans, Rams, Steelers) but have yet to put together 4 solid quarters. Just a feeling, but today is the day. I think, coming out of today, we will be reminded why the Bills are STILL the Super Bowl Favorite (at least on DraftKings at +400).

Titans and Steelers games were pure garbage time starting midway through the 3rd quarter, though (which makes the Micah Hyde season-ending neck injury even more sad).

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It's not the Bills fault backups played in those games b.c they put the game away in 3 quarters. 

To say they didn't put 4 solid quarters together all season is a lie, they won a close game against Ravens and KC which needed 4 good quarters to win.

Edited by TBBills

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m expecting this as well. Which means another full week funk if we blow this opportunity..😮😢

PS Thank you for pinning this @BuffaloBill

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

If Josh Allen is the Superstar Pro athlete I believe he is, he knows he owes his teammates, organization and his fans a great performance today to rectify the situation his errors resulted in. He’s been nothing short of phenomenal playing in dome stadiums to date, so I’m anticipating a great rebound from him.

This fanbase was throwing his jersey on the highway after they lost to the Steelers last year. He owes this organization nothing but playing good football it’s up to the 52 other guys to realize they get payed a salary to make stops on 3rd down and catch the ball when he throws it I’m looking at you Knox, Davis, and Mackenzie 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You mean they can’t win today? Why so down on a Sunday morning? Most Bills fans don’t get down until sometime around mid afternoon.

I know you’re just being humorous butthead 😉,  but unfortunately that’s becoming too normal. Working the graveyard shift, I’m staying home today vs my typical routine when the games aren’t televised in my area. Even if it’s another last play loss, I can then just grumble up the stairs to bed vs pay a tab and drive home etc. I sincerely hope for all of us we get off the schide today!

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This fanbase was throwing his jersey on the highway after they lost to the Steelers last year. He owes this organization nothing but playing good football it’s up to the 52 other guys to realize they get payed a salary to make stops on 3rd down and catch the ball when he throws it I’m looking at you Knox, Davis, and Mackenzie 

DUH! ‘Playing good football’ is exactly the point.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I know you’re just being humorous butthead 😉,  but unfortunately that’s becoming too normal. Working the graveyard shift, I’m staying home today vs my typical routine when the games aren’t televised in my area. Even if it’s another last play loss, I can then just grumble up the stairs to bed vs pay a tab and drive home etc. I sincerely hope for all of us we get off the schide today!

DUH! ‘Playing good football’ is exactly the point.

He’s a one man team now 

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Titans and Steelers games were pure garbage time starting midway through the 3rd quarter, though (which makes the Micah Hyde season-ending neck injury even more sad).

17 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It's not the Bills fault backups played in those games b.c they put the game away in 3 quarters. 

To say they didn't put 4 solid quarters together all season is a lie, they won a close game against Ravens and KC which needed 4 good quarters to win.

I guess that we just have a different level of expectation for this team then. I honestly believe that they should have challenged the ‘07 Pats for largest point differential in a season. I felt like +315 was realistic. My expectation was something like 15-2 with an average margins of victory of 3 scores a game. 

The Bills are clearly one of the best teams in football. Coming into this year I believed that that had a chance to be one of the great teams ever. They aren’t that at this point. The level of satisfaction, to this point, depends on your expectations. They haven’t consistently played to the level that I think they’re capable of. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1