Former Bills player AJ McCarron drafted by XFL St. Louis Battlehawks

chongli

https://www.al.com/sports/2022/11/aj-mccarron-chosen-in-xfl-quarterback-draft.html

"Former Alabama All-American AJ McCarron is a member of the St. Louis Battlehawks after the XFL allocated its quarterback pool on Tuesday ahead of the spring football league’s draft on Wednesday."

“A.J. brings us a championship pedigree,” Battlehawks coach Anthony Becht said. “He has seven years of NFL experience as a starting and backup quarterback. Unfortunately, A.J. battled through several injuries during that time which limited him from playing additional games. I feel like his time is now. A.J. will bring a very high football IQ, great leadership qualities and invaluable experience to the St. Louis Battlehawks team.”

McCarron has not played since Aug. 21, 2021, when he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during an Atlanta Falcons’ NFL preseason game."

Full XFL rosters, including Prince Emili for the San Antonio Brahmas:

https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/35053464/xfl-draft-results-2023-full-rosters-eight-teams-vic-beasley-martavis-bryant-picks

"The XFL says that 285 of its draft picks previously have been signed to an active NFL roster or a practice squad contract. Among those players: Vic Beasley, Martavis Bryant, Kalen Ballage, Cody Latimer and PJ Hall. There also were 69 players who played in the 2020 version of the XFL.

The league will have a supplemental draft in January, and it plans to have 528 players -- 66 per team -- go to training camps ahead of the start of the season in February."

Edited by chongli

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm much more interested in his wife.

What's she up to?  Are they divorced yet?

When you're a quarterback at Alabama, you see that lovely lady there?”  “She does go to Auburn but she also is Miss Alabama and that's A.J. McCarron's girlfriend. … You quarterbacks, you get all the good-looking women.

LOL!! Classic! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Just now, PonyBoy said:

When you're a quarterback at Alabama, you see that lovely lady there?”  “She does go to Auburn but she also is Miss Alabama and that's A.J. McCarron's girlfriend. … You quarterbacks, you get all the good-looking women.

LOL!! Classic! 

The way Brent Mussberger fawned all over her during a bowl game broadcast (wasn't it?) was an all time-classic.

He was like "Oh my!  Look at that woman!  What a gorgeous woman!  And his mom too!"

It was borderline inappropriate THEN and NOW it would not have been tolerated, unfortunately.

They would have forced Mussberger into making some type of public comment/apology making it clear that he respects women for who they are and he doesn't simply objectify them, or some such.

LOL

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The way Brent Mussberger fawned all over her during a bowl game broadcast (wasn't it?) was an all time-classic.

He was like "Oh my!  Look at that woman!  What a gorgeous woman!  And his mom too!"

It was borderline inappropriate THEN and NOW it would not have been tolerated, unfortunately.

They would have forced Mussberger into making some type of public comment/apology making it clear that he respects women for who they are and he doesn't simply objectify them, or some such.

LOL

I love Mussberger., but him fawning over a player's girlfriend was cringy AF.  Tthis was his best/worst call ever. 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I love Mussberger., but him fawning over a player's girlfriend was cringy AF.  Tthis was his best/worst call ever. 

Never saw that, so thanks!  I LOVED THAT!  He's even working the sponsor into the call, what's not to love.

I wouldn't describe the AJ's GF incident "cringy as F" but it was slightly awkward at the time; I remember watching it live and thinking "I can't believe he's dwelling on this for as long as he is."

I love it b/c it came at a point in his career when he simply doesn't give a damn anymore, and he was openly flying the bird at his corporate masters, even with his career on the line.

Have to respect that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

He could not beat out peterman and the team used peterman as the veteran to give the rookie Allen time to develop.  

I heard at the time that McCarron wasn't a process guy, was kind of a me first guy. No idea if any of that is true, but heard that's part of the reason the bills cut him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

LOL!! Classic! 

https://nypost.com/2022/08/09/katherine-webb-33-and-thriving-in-bikini-clad-instagram-return/

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.