Pre game Downtown Detroit?

Since1981

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Stay in your hotel room and order room service, or maybe venture out to a corner market and get a Colt 45 and do as the locals do. 

Is that "colt 45" as in the malt liquor, or is that a reference to the firearm?

The locals do both.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

In 2014 I was trying to tailgate at Kenny's lot in Detroit, I say trying because apparently they need some kind of license for drinking in the lots and with the game being unexpected they didn't have time to set up the license/permit.. whatever.  Anyway the police/security came by to inform us no drinking in the lot.  We ended up in a bar nearby with Kenny and had a blast.  Not sure if the rules have changed since then, or if the permits have been set up.  Anyone know?

I remember years ago (20+ years ago) going to a Detroit symphony concert. I parked in a some lot that was basically a burned out old warehouse. Thought I would die, but that was where everyone was Parking. We all basically sprinted from our cars to the concert hall. 

That said, went to Detroit in 2018, and the downtown was much improved. Not sure what it looks like now though post-Covid. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Get a Detroit Pizza 

Detroit is also famous for Coney Dogs:

2fb_spartys7.jpeg

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__conte

3 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Have heard little Caesars is the pizza to try 

I guess I would give it a shot:

little-caesars-deep-deep-dish-pizza-02.J

4 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I might spend the pregame shopping for low cost real estate. It’s amazing the quality of home you can get in that city for $100.

Detroit.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.