Daryl Williams Still Available

Rigotz

Pretty wild that he's still available. Matt Parrino had a rumor last month that he's "retired" but I wonder if he'd take a cheap deal for just the playoff run?

I think we can all agree, he'd be great depth this late in the season and we don't want to wait for a "must have" scenario where he has all the leverage.

What do you think?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

There's a reason why he's still available 

Yes, and Odell Beckham is also available.

He was probably asking for money similar to the 3 year $24M he was coming off from the Bills.

I don't understand how he goes from valued starter to completely useless to you guys in less than a year. The suggestion was a cheap deal, as his market has settled and he wouldn't be able to ask for starter money anymore.

The irony is that he was probably better than Rodger Saffold has been this year, but I don’t see him going to any team. OL has to be one of the most difficult positions to go from sitting on your couch, or even working out, to suddenly trying to impose your will on other 300+ pound guys. 

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Pretty wild that he's still available. Matt Parrino had a rumor last month that he's "retired" but I wonder if he'd take a cheap deal for just the playoff run?

I think we can all agree, he'd be great depth this late in the season and we don't want to wait for a "must have" scenario where he has all the leverage.

What do you think?

Ike Boettger

I started a similar thread a month ago and was enlightened by many posters that, not only is he retired, but he has zero interest at this point in his life in playing football.  Nothing wrong with that.  Which is a shame, He would be a nice fit as guard - tackle backup, maybe even starter.  Last year's play was better than what Saffold and Q have provided this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here's the problem with large offensive linemen.  After they decide to retire, many either lose a lot of weight because they carried too much in order to play on the line, or they put on weight once the need to train as a professional athlete ends.  

So, if Williams decided he's had enough, chances are pretty good he's no longer at his playing weight, one way or the other, and could not suddenly answer the phone & be anywhere close to being ready to play.  

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

I started a similar thread a month ago and was enlightened by many posters that, not only is he retired, but he has zero interest at this point in his life in playing football.  Nothing wrong with that.  Which is a shame, He would be a nice fit as guard - tackle backup, maybe even starter.  Last year's play was better than what Saffold and Q have provided this year.

He was horrible last year. I disagree that he is better than Saffold or Quesenberry, especially if he is playing tackle. Saffold has not been as bad as people are claiming. Not nearly. Quesenberry is an ok backup tackle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.