White, Edmunds and Rousseau - OUT

DasNootz

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Players talk and have access to data. Coming back too soon from an acl tear can really lead to problems with your other leg because you’re favoring one side. One of my closest friends is an elite marathoner and a minor calf injury on one side that she “played through” created a chronic hip injury on the other side. Her orthopedist walked her through how this happens and it’s basically science. If he’s not ready, he’s not ready. I want him starting for us at a high level in 2024 and 2025 rather than dealing with a chronic and debilitating injuries in his other leg because he came back too early. This is a real thing and the science is out there. He’s not one to dog it.

ACL injuries aren’t 2 year issues in the modern nfl unless something was catastrophically wrong out of the gate. Sure you might see a hammy or some cleanup but this is becoming noteworthy in its unique handling. 

frankly, it seemed the team doctors thought he might’ve been back 6 weeks ago when debating how to list him back at Labor Day 

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

No one actually knows this (other than Tre and a few coaches, I suppose) but I DO agree with your assessment here.

I think this is what's going on; it's the most likely explanation at this point.

Sal C. even suggests that McDermott seemed different the last time he talked about it, like he was distancing himself from the situation a little bit, as if to shine light on Tre as the source of the problem. 

Sal was saying that McDermott is basically saying "I don't know what to make of it now, he's ready to play, he's healthy, but it's in his hands now, not mine."

So to speak.

Cleveland will be pounding the rock all game, eating clock, and trying to keep our O off the field; it's how you beat the Bills...and they have the run game to do it.  I don't think they're going to throw a lot.

Exactly what I was saying?

59 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

ACL injuries aren’t 2 year issues in the modern nfl unless something was catastrophically wrong out of the gate. Sure you might see a hammy or some cleanup but this is becoming noteworthy in its unique handling. 

frankly, it seemed the team doctors thought he might’ve been back 6 weeks ago when debating how to list him back at Labor Day 

You do know it’s only been 1 year, right? 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I want him starting for us at a high level in 2024 and 2025 rather than dealing with a chronic and debilitating injuries in his other leg because he came back too early. This is a real thing and the science is out there. He’s not one to dog it.

oh no, we’re writing off next year already as well???

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Players talk and have access to data. Coming back too soon from an acl tear can really lead to problems with your other leg because you’re favoring one side. One of my closest friends is an elite marathoner and a minor calf injury on one side that she “played through” created a chronic hip injury on the other side. Her orthopedist walked her through how this happens and it’s basically science. If he’s not ready, he’s not ready. I want him starting for us at a high level in 2024 and 2025 rather than dealing with a chronic and debilitating injuries in his other leg because he came back too early. This is a real thing and the science is out there. He’s not one to dog it.

I don't disagree with anything you said here. However, I don't think any of it is applicable to Tre. Why? The Bills are ultra conservative with players returning from injuries. It's safe to say they would be even more conservative with their best CB. The team has activated him, he's cleared to practice, and no reports Or signs of any set backs. Imho, it's a mental issue with Tre. Physically I thinks he's good to go. A mental hurdle isn't uncommon among athletes. 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't disagree with anything you said here. However, I don't think any of it is applicable to Tre. Why? The Bills are ultra conservative with players returning from injuries. It's safe to say they would be even more conservative with their best CB. The team has activated him, he's cleared to practice, and no reports Or signs of any set backs. Imho, it's a mental issue with Tre. Physically I thinks he's good to go. A mental hurdle isn't uncommon among athletes. 

I just think it’s hilarious you acting like you know what’s going on inside the team what a  buffoon

3 hours ago, wppete said:

He kind of is. Ohh well. 

No, he is not
It’s interesting, because whenever we drafted him the word on him was that he wasn’t a tackler, but I think he’s proven that wrong over the years. We are literally talking about a pro ball player here. It sucks that we’re missing him but we don’t know what’s going on.

12 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I believe that if the Bills did not activate Tre, he would be on IR for the rest of the year.

Is that correct?

Not exactly.  They could have activated him, put him on the roster, and then IR'd him again for the 4 game thing. He wouldnt have been able to practice then I dont think, but thats what he needs is practice so probably why they didnt do that.

Edited by Scott7975

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Not exactly.  They could have activated him, put him on the roster, and then IR'd him again for the 4 game thing. He wouldnt have been able to practice then I dont think, but thats what he needs is practice so probably why they didnt do that.

Yeah, that's basically right as I understand it too.  Had they shelved him for 4 additional games, he could NOT participate in practice at all.  Presumably, they want him to be able to practice before playing, so they went this route.

That all makes perfect sense.  Here's the rub!  Explaining all that would have taken McDermott 5 seconds at any one of these recent press conferences where the theme has been "what's going on with Tre?"

All he had to do is explain what you/I have just referenced, and explained that the team wants to ramp Tre up  a bit at a time before he hits the ground running in a real game.

AND YET HE HAS NOT DONE THAT!  NOTHING!  Instead, he's staying tight lipped, saying some odd things, and letting people grow their own suspicions as to what's happening for real.

Which is I why I said up-thread I think there is basically some type of psychological issue going on with Tre and they just don't want to talk about that.

It's like the Bills know he is medically OK, they think he is "ready" to go with practicing and reps, but yet Tre doesn't want to play, so he doesn't play.

In fact, he was designated "OUT" as of Friday!  The last few games they didn't do that; it was more a game time decision to scratch him.

SO he's a healthy scratch yet again as of a Friday before a Sunday game.

What's going on here?

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Good Lord. I hate to say it, but we might as well put White on IR. Only thing I can think is we are saving him for our December push to the playoffs. 

I think this game will show truly how much edmunds means to our defense

assuming Poyer does not play, that's 5 defensive starters out again (White, Hyde, Poyer, Edmunds, Groot) .  When half your defense (and your entire pass defense) is backups, things tend not to go very well.  Even Brissett can throw it against that pass defense. 

Hopefully the offense brings it and hangs onto the ball.  2-3 turnovers, this one's an L too .  

8 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

You do know it’s only been 1 year, right? 

You did read the post I was replying to noting letting him be ready for next year? That would be 22 months from injury to return. To even suggest writing off the rest of this year would indeed be incredibly noteworthy.

Edited by NoSaint

9 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

thank you for an articulate post.  It sure is refreshing than the armchair orthopedists that say Tre should be playing, hes counting his $ and other super informative, well stated posts lol.  God forbid those "medical experts'  get a major knee injury, and learn the truth about how long it takes to rehab an ACL tear, and how grueling the rehab is

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, SCBills said:

Maybe we can line the Bills home field with pillows on the regular season finale and get him 5-10 snaps. 

Joking, and it is what it is, but at this point it's getting kind of ridiculous.  Road games never seem ideal.  Weather is turning in Buffalo and much of the country... not many 65 and sunny games left on the schedule.

If the medical has cleared him, he should be out there.

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

thank you for an articulate post.  It sure is refreshing than the armchair orthopedists that say Tre should be playing, hes counting his $ and other super informative, well stated posts lol.  God forbid those "medical experts'  get a major knee injury, and learn the truth about how long it takes to rehab an ACL tear, and how grueling the rehab is

But unlike regular people, NFL players have the best surgeons performing the operations, and round the clock physical therapy and imaging.

This isn’t Tre limping around One Bills Drive. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.