White, Edmunds and Rousseau - OUT

DasNootz

27 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Before this year I would've agreed with you.

Edmunds has been fantastic against the run this year.

fantastic!? dunno about that. hes made plays this year. and sometimes big ones. he still doesnt come close to TFL or tackles under 5 yards from LOS compared to milano

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Before this year I would've agreed with you.

Edmunds has been fantastic against the run this year.

I suppose my standard for what constitutes a “fantastic” run defender is quite different than yours.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

McD on Tre White sitting out

All but confirms what I suspected was the issue all along. Tre doesn’t want to hit the field until he feels closer to the player he once was. Bills have been patient to this point, but as McD says “at some point you’ve got to go.” He’s been medically cleared, has practiced for weeks, there’s nothing wrong physically, it’s on Tre to step up and play.

McD is ignoring the critical advise from Tropic Thunder.  Never go full ######. 

This confirms that McD does not actually see himself as accountable for the Bills stumbles. He really is a passive agressive finger pointing kind of guy. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

What is going on with Tre? Does he just not want to play for the Bills anymore.? Is he disgruntled over something?

Could be.  More than likely that he doesn’t think his knee is ready.  Mentally or physically, he’s not ready.  I’d rather he sit til he’s ready.  If we get Poyer back to play the rest of the year, our DBs are playing well enough be a great D when Rousseau and edmunds return.  Johnson and Lewis were abused and we lost two games partly on their terrible play.  

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Agree. To me this is a similar situation that happened with Derrick rose in the nba. He was elite and an mvp and then he hurt his knee. Got cleared and still sat out. He was never the same player. I think we might need to get used to that possibly being the reality with white. 

Yep.  Hate to say it, but there's a chance that White is cooked. Alarms went off for me a couple of weeks ago when he talked about his struggle during rehab and how he talked about life without football.  Prepare yourself for another first round CB draft pick this Spring.

I never expected Tre before October 30th - that was best case.  He’s still young and in his prime.  What good is a guy off an ACL tear forcing himself back at say 10 months - only a few have been as good or better in that time frame.  

For several reasons - the most important of which I’m sure is data he has gone thru in great detail was to take it to 12 months.  The re injury or additional injury risk drops substantially at 12 months.  

He’ll be back for the Miami game.  Book it.  That’s 12 months plus from the surgery.   

Edited by Big Blitz

Research shows that up to one-third of athletes sustain another ACL tear in the same or opposite knee within two years, suggesting that an ACL tear recovery time of 10 months or longer may be associated with a lower risk of re-injury.

https://www.uchealth.org/today/acl-tears-how-long-does-it-take-to-recover-and-return-to-sports/

That’s all he needed to hear I’m telling you I think I know how this man thinks and he’s not wrong.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The Bills are doing what's best for the organization and also to protect privacy.  The problem here is fans like yourself feel we're entitled to know everything that is going on and we are not.  It's like the Kim issue and a few years back there was a lineman, can't recall his name that was out with undisclosed issues.  For months Bills were ripped here for not explaining what was going on.  Eventually the player came forward and disclosed he has Crohn's disease.

It's really not any difference than the way most companies work, there's things going on that seem strange, but not if you knew the whole story, but there is no need for you to know.  Yes it does make rumors circulate more than if the true story was given, but oh well is typically managements position.

That argument doesn't play with pro sports teams.  It is different than questioning why Johnny on the loading dock has missed 6 weeks of work.  

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Despite these injuries there's still no excuse to not win this game especially since weather will not be a factor.

Sure the Browns have the ability to run wild on this defense but it shouldn't matter if this team shows up ready to play and if they can build a decent lead early it forces it kind of negates the running game for the Browns anyway and will force Brissett to pass more which will lead to mistakes and turnovers.

Still think there's more to the story with White though and won't be surprised if he plays his final games in Buffalo this year, assuming he plays again at all this season.

I’ve thought about that after listening to his press conference, how he talked about there’s more to him then just football. Crazier things have happened I’m not saying he’s going to retire but it wouldn’t surprise me. And I don’t think the browns will ever stop running it on us. It’s there best chance for a big play, I wouldn’t be shocked to see a few huge runs by Chubb. 

10 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

He’s still resting comfortably in his pile of money.  We sure would hate to inconvenience him by doing his job while he’s not on the injury report or IR…

C'mon man!  You have no idea what's going on with that man.  He loves playing the game and he's competitive.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

There is also no reason to be overly cautious as we would be better with him

Players talk and have access to data. Coming back too soon from an acl tear can really lead to problems with your other leg because you’re favoring one side. One of my closest friends is an elite marathoner and a minor calf injury on one side that she “played through” created a chronic hip injury on the other side. Her orthopedist walked her through how this happens and it’s basically science. If he’s not ready, he’s not ready. I want him starting for us at a high level in 2024 and 2025 rather than dealing with a chronic and debilitating injuries in his other leg because he came back too early. This is a real thing and the science is out there. He’s not one to dog it.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.