White, Edmunds and Rousseau - OUT

DasNootz

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s been practicing for 5 weeks. I believe they had him scout team for 2-3 weeks and then ramping him up to team practice the last couple weeks.

It seems to me like the Bills are giving him a training camp before throwing him into games. Once he starts playing I bet they give him 10-15 snaps, similar to preseason. Slowly ramping him up to a full game.

There really hasn’t been a reason to move any faster. They don’t face another elite level passing attack until week 15. So it’s possible White returns to play vs NE. Plays 10-15 snaps. Then half a game or more vs NY Jets. Then he’ll be ready vs Miami for full go.

He's the Bills #1 corner. 

No reason to bring him back quickly? 

Team is 6-3 and in 6th spot in the Playoff seeding. 

Whole situation is just strange. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 9

46 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

If the team just said "We don't want Tre's first two games to be played five days apart on one of the worst surfaces in the league so we're sitting him two more weeks" I'd be 100% cool with that.

Not cool with the silent treatment.

we don't like it but we have zero say in the manner. It's frustrating to just get a rote answer Yep I'm with you. #out #Notready

Edited by muppy

Read a number of posts ripping McD for not playing him.  I'm about 95% certain McD is sitting him based on recommendations of doctors, trainer, and talking with White himself.

Read a quote last day or two was either in BN or Athletic, McD discussed White and was something along the lines of the player needs to know when he's ready.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

He’s still resting comfortably in his pile of money.  We sure would hate to inconvenience him by doing his job while he’s not on the injury report or IR…

If that's the case, I hope his bad leg is elevated properly on a stack of Benjamins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I just think they’re being extra cautious and patient because they have CBs that can play.

There is no reason to rush him back.

They have CBs but they are pedestrian at best. Where is Rhodes? With Elam dinged, we had Cam Lewis on Justin Jefferson with the game on the line. We’re counting on rookies and depth player covering big time receivers. This magnifies any Josh hiccups in the last couple weeks. By the way, these backup CBs and safeties have stunk against the run and here comes Chubb and Hunt. I’m sorry, Hamlin has been OK.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He's the Bills #1 corner. 

No reason to bring him back quickly? 

Team is 6-3 and in 6th spot in the Playoff seeding. 

Whole situation is just strange. 

Sorry to say that is not a desperate spot. 

I will give you strange. I really just think they’re trying to avoid the muscle injuries. 

42 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Tremaine just needs to rest that groin and get healthy for the final stretch of games.

Not sure we should expect to see Klein get meaningful amount of snaps against Cleveland, but he's great insurance for a short turnaround against Detroit.  And with New England upcoming, he will be helpful.

Dodson is certainly capable and did fine against Vikings.  He's got athleticism, not Tremaine level, but if I had to pick 1-2 games to see Dodson get snaps it's against Cleveland and Detroit.

I don't think Dodson did "fine" against the Vikes. Klein on the other hand has been active and knows our defense. I expect him to get some playing time.

15 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You would think that even McDermott and Frazier would pivot and put a 3rd linebacker on the field, or a 5th DLineman, but I'm sure we'll play in the same Cover 2 shell all game. 

Dime and Quarter packages all game!  Against Jacoby Brissett and that Cleveland aerial attack.

• Haha (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I disagree regarding White. He needs practice time to be able to get into some form of game shape, be able to be under the close supervision of coaches while they watch him work to assess his readiness and I have no doubt, being part of the team activities only helps the comradery and chemistry while also keeping him engaged in all of the "mental" work as well. If he is truly not able to return for the season, then I agree. But as much as I want a dome for the team, the Detroit turf is notorious for being an injury waiting to happen, so given Tre's injury it only makes sense. 

As for Edmunds, that's a real bummer because he has stepped up his game this year, IMHO, and the second half of the Vikings game only revealed further his relevance and importance to the Bills' Defense. Him being out against the two-headed monster of Chubb-Hunt, is less than ideal. But, next man up or get out of the way because the Bills need to find a way to win regardless - in a dome with this Offense, there should be no excuses for why the Offense can't post a hefty number on the Browns' Defense. 

I think why people are confused is he has been practicing for several weeks now and not on the injury report. So your second sentence doesn't resonate.

In the past guys would sit out all of training camp and show up and play in a week. 

If he is practicing he can play. 

That only leaves two possibilities.  He doesn't want to play or the team has a predefined timeline and they are holding him out. 

My guess it is the team but stranger things have happened when guys get their second signing bonus. White doesn't seem like a guy that would not give effort but I suspect the Bills thought the same thing about Dareus and Washington did about Haynesworth. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

They have CBs but they are pedestrian at best. Where is Rhodes? With Elam dinged, we had Cam Lewis on Justin Jefferson with the game on the line. We’re counting on rookies and depth player covering big time receivers. This magnifies any Josh hiccups in the last couple weeks. By the way, these backup CBs and safeties have stunk against the run and here comes Chubb and Hunt. I’m sorry, Hamlin has been OK.

We didn’t have Cam Lewis on Jefferson. He was the safety. We had it zone covered perfectly, Lewis messed up.

We don’t have 4 solid depth safeties. 

The injuries have added up and made it more difficult. It’s not 1 or 2 it’s 5-6 starters being out at a time. If you can’t understand that then there’s nothing to discuss.

Tre White would definitely help, but up until the Vikings game we haven’t needed him. And honestly it was 27-10 with a minute left in the 3rd.  

We’re getting to a point where it’s just too many injuries to overcome.  Get Poyer back, lose Edmunds and Rousseau. It’s frustrating.

20 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You would think that even McDermott and Frazier would pivot and put a 3rd linebacker on the field, or a 5th DLineman, but I'm sure we'll play in the same Cover 2 shell all game. 

Johnson is strong against the run. He makes TFL from time to time. 100% agree though and I too would like to see some creative 5-2 and 4-3 alignments.  

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Agree. To me this is a similar situation that happened with Derrick rose in the nba. He was elite and an mvp and then he hurt his knee. Got cleared and still sat out. He was never the same player. I think we might need to get used to that possibly being the reality with white. 

If that's the case, then he needs to make a decision... a leave of absence for personal reasons and designated so we can keep the spot open and know WTH is going on or retire... this limbo status while being activated is completely unacceptable IMHO. If it is a matter of conditioning, THEN JUST SAY SO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Despite these injuries there's still no excuse to not win this game especially since weather will not be a factor.

Sure the Browns have the ability to run wild on this defense but it shouldn't matter if this team shows up ready to play and if they can build a decent lead early it forces it kind of negates the running game for the Browns anyway and will force Brissett to pass more which will lead to mistakes and turnovers.

Still think there's more to the story with White though and won't be surprised if he plays his final games in Buffalo this year, assuming he plays again at all this season.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No idea what is going on with Tre White. 

Our media asks snowball soft questions, but I hope they start digging into this. 

We've played 1/2 strength in the secondary all year. 

McD won’t give anything but a vague and generic answer regardless of the question. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.